“Wow! This hidden gem was great.”
Review of Shannon View Inn

Shannon View Inn
Ranked #16 of 304 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Never judge a book by its cover. This rather plain looking hole in the wall was the only thing open on a Sunday afternoon and since we wanted to avoid chain restaurants, we gave it a go. Our expectations were very low. When we walked in, there were hardly any customers and it looked like we were in for typical bar food. When our waitress came by with the menus, we were very surprised. They mainly offered burgers and sandwiches but these were definitely in the gourmet category (Red Robin and other so-called gourmet burger joints can learn a thing or two from this place). We ordered their veggie burgers with not so run of the mill toppings (mine had granny smith slices and Gouda and was known as a Smoking Granny). It was one of the finest veggie burgers I've ever had. The beer selection was also top notch. Our waitress was very helpful - when we asked for recommendations, she sat down with us and talked us through the menu. The next time we're in Warwick, we're stopping at Shannon's.

1  Thank Frank B

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Because of Groupon, we get a great value for brunch on every visit. However, in the kitchen, it's hit or miss. I have had the eggs Benedict twice: first time, it was perfect. Second time, the eggs were over cooked. Same for the burgers. First time, it was mediocre, second time, my burger was the best I have ever had. We visit at least once a month and will continue, so it must not be so bad, right?

1  Thank FoodGalRI
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I went with two other couples for brunch. It was not very crowded but service was slow. My mimosa had a bug in it and the waitress laughed and said "no charge." Most of us ordered omelets and 3 out of the 4 were prepared incorrectly, two did not have the ingredients in them as ordered. And my husband's corned beef hash omelet had an "off" taste to it. It took an hour to get our meals, what with all the mistakes that had to be corrected. One friend ordered French toast that was just OK tasting, nothing special. We have eaten at Doherty's in Pawtucket (same owner) and have had excellent brunches there. Maybe Shannon View is a place that is better to visit for lunch or dinner, but I would not return for brunch.

1  Thank happycouple22025
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Shannon's had been recommended to our son who is new to Warwick. They were REALLY busy, but even so we were seated pretty quickly. Food was really good, and definitely had a personal touch. NOT run-of-the-mill pub grub! We will definitely go back next visit to Rhode Island!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had breakfast here with very large mimosas lol. Food was pretty good. Service was a little poor, as we had a big party and were served unevenly and late. Would most likely come back here again.