“too much salt”

Cuisines: American
The Villages, Florida
“too much salt”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am on a cardiac diet and ordered the portabella mushroom chicken, under 550 calories. it was exceptionally salty. I have been a fan of Applebee's for many years but this meal changed my opinion. My husband got the quesadilla burger and said it was just "OK"

• Visited June 2013

CONNECTICUT
“Could not be more impressed !!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

By far the best restaurant and experience I've had in a long time !! The place was packed,we walked in ,a party of 5.The hostess was friendly,smiling,and we were seated within 7 min. !
The booth we sat at was very cold with air cond.streaming down on us. We told her as we were being seated. She said she would take care of it. Well, within 2 min. we not only had our waiter (Rob) come to greet us but the Manager(Dave) who came to say he had shut the air off for us in that zone and apologized for it being so cold when we sat down. Told us to just let him know if there was anything else we needed. The service? Our waiter Rob went above and beyond in his service to us. Friendly,VERY accomodating, efficient, helpful,quick to service, had a great sense of humor, a top of the shelf waiter by any and all standards. The food? Absolutely excellent !! Everyone of us thoroughly enjoyed it !! On our way out the hostess again spoke and asked us if everything had been okay with a big smile on her face. Just a great experience. I will recommend family and friends to go out of their way to stop here to eat and enjoy this WELL MANAGED, in my opinion 5 STAR Applebee restaurant !!

• Visited April 2013
W. Warwick
“They've changed for the better!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Applebee's has nicely turned themselves around.

For the longest time we avoided Applebee's. It seemed no matter how their ads looked, the actual experience would never measure up. In fact, one time we disliked the food so much, we told the waiter we'd just take it home to eat later. He packed it up and we, intentionally, left it on the table. As we were driving out, he chased us and, unfortunately, gave us the bag.
This was too bad, as we live just a few minutes away.

The last few times we've been there, we loved everything we've tried. I don't know if they have new chef's or have just learned to make delicious food.
Applebee's definitely deserves a visit.

• Visited January 2013
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“The Service is Questionable......”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food is reasonable but the service was horrible. The girl that we had was very rude and quite mean to our group. We would ask for something and then it would take her quite a while to produce what one of us had asked for. She never refilled our water or asked us if we needed anything. I had asked her for a water 4 times and she would tell me that it was coming. I never got my 2nd glass of water until desert came. It was even dead that night there were only a handful of people there including us

Visited June 2012
Fishkill, New York
“Perfect for family with teens”
Reviewed July 9, 2012