“Best Japanese period”

Ranked #29 of 302 Restaurants in Warwick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

There are other places popping up around RI. But this one has always had great food and great service.

There are newer reviews for Shogun Steak & Seafood

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for dinner and were looking forward to a good meal based on the ratings here...unfortunately, that was not the case. The food itself was about average, but service and pricing was not acceptable. We thought sodas came with free refills...not so much. We were charged for five sodas, at $2 each!! Next, the fried rice that typically accompanies a Hibachi meal was another additional charge. Oh, and the wait staff determines when your meal is over by coming to your table while you are still eating with to go containers. Finally, the ventilation was definitely not up to par as the restaurant quickly filled with smoke with each progressive table that was served.
We should have realized all was not well when we noticed the greasy floors...live and learn, I guess.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I experienced the most vile of racial prejudice at this restaurant from one of the Hibachi chefs. It was disgusting, I would not walk through the doors of this establishment again even if I were dying of hunger. The chef is one of the members of the family who own the restaurant! Just disgusting.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Amazon hibachi!! Some of the best I've ever had! A true gem in warwick!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I love coming to shogun. I know that when I leave I will always be full. The chef is usually great. The food is awesome. I usually get the hibachi steak or chicken.. You get two pieces of shrimp with your meal anyways. The only thing I would say that I dont like about this place is that if you go with two or four people you will be splitting the table with another group. This sometimes can get awkward. But other than that their food is great. I love the yellow sauce... put it on your rice and chicken ... so good! i would go all the time, but it can be expensive.