“Not what it used to be” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Greenwood Inn Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 302 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Greenwood Inn is a family-owned and managed full-service restaurant that was established in 1954. We've been called a RI Institution, and we're very proud and appreciative of that. Our menu is quite varied but we're known for our seafood (baked stuffed shrimp, fried calamari, clams casino and more), our prime rib, veal parmesan, homemade chicken soup, variety of dishes made from the fresh turkeys we roast on premises each day. Our staff and service is exceptional, prices are reasonable, location is conveniently off I-95 (near airport, train station and several nearby hotels), and ambiance is beautiful with a large fieldstone fireplace for cooler months and outdoor patio for warmer months. Our kitchen serves till midnight most nights, our private room accommodates up to 52 people (perfect for bridal/baby showers, birthday parties, company meetings and other events). Our bar scene is unlike any other - very friendly and welcoming. Live music usually starts at 9pm on Saturdays. Takeout is available, and we have several tv monitors throughout our bar and dining areas. Thank you for your interest in the Greenwood Inn.
Moosup, Connecticut
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Since renovtions completed 2 years ago, prices have increased, portions have decreased,
Disinterested wait staff...then again they always were, but the food was good

1 Thank SissyBiff2

Coventry, Rhode Island
1,353 restaurant reviews
“newly redone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

nice food. good selection.good staff.full bar.parking. Nice portions. Prices are good.

Visited December 2011
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great PLACE TO DINE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Enjoyed dining at the Greenwood Inn very much.
The atmosphere was very warming, The host and waitstaff were very welcoiming and friendly towards everyone..
We all enjoyed our food very much. The portions were huge and very affordable.
We all had a very pleasant and satisfying experience at the GI and will defintely go back and will recommend to others.

Visited September 2011
Wakefield
“Use to be great but now it's a big disipointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Use to go here all the time. Food was great and there was always a lot of it. I would have to say the last half dozen times I've been here the food and service haven't been up to par. Tonight my husband went over to get 2 lobster rolls to go. If I had been in the reataurant I would have sent them back. They were small, had very little mayo and were WARM. My days at the Inn are over.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eloiseann
Warwick, Rhode Island
“The restaurant building is nice. food ok and service- ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I agree with some of the other people that reviewed this restaurant. I only went to this restaurant one time this past winter. The restaurant has been around for over 50 years so I figured it must be really good since it has been around so long.

The restaurant was recently remodeled with nice decor. The restaurant was warm and welcoming inside. While waiting for a seat I could see the restaurant seemed to have a lot of old timers eating at this restaurant. I got the sense that the waiters knew many of the customers. So, I kept thinking to myself this has got to be a good restaurant because it appears that there are repeat customers eating at this restaurant.

I told the waiter that I had never been there before. The waiter did not seem to care that I was a new customer. I asked what is their specialty. The guy said you get a soup with every meal. The soup was extremely bland. I can not understand what the point is to serve bland soup and it comes with almost every meal! What a waist of money for the restaurant to serve bland soup!! The waiter said that the Italian dinners are good. I had a veal parmigiana with spaghetti. Again, I thought the dinner was pretty bland. Nothing interesting about the dinner. The waiter seem to want to wrap it up with us and move on to another customer. In the end, I felt way too much money for bland food and lousy service. Since the restaurant took the time and money into investing with the decor the next thing they need to do is redo the menu.

• Visited February 2011