“SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oakland Beach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our trips over the years have always included a meal at this restaurant. They were always very good. Our latest meal was a disappointment. The summer menu was still in place and did not offer the wonderful selections as presented in their winter luncheon menu. Always having a great meal in the past, we made adjustments accordingly. No fresh lobsters were available that day, so I selected the fried whole clams. I know everything is dependent on availability. However, the clams had to be the smallest overcooked tough clams I have ever eaten. Disappointed to say the least. I will take this past experience to be an OFF day at what otherwise was a very good restaurant. As usual, there was great service in a clean dining area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (348)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice restaurant and good view of the water. My husband had the rib eye with scallops and crab and he was very happy with it. I had the lobster ravioli and was very disappointed. Sauce was described as a vodka cream sauce but was nothing more than regular spaghetti sauce. There was very little lobster in this dish, mostly ricotta cheese with a few shreds of lobster if you look close. I was hoping for a dish like I had on Cape Cod with homemade ravioli noodles stuffed with huge chunks of lobster and more lobster in the cream sauce. No comparison!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

On the same day that we had lunch at Iggy’s we had dinner here. So we were in a very competitive mood. We each had white chowder which was flavorful but quite thin. Hubby opted for shrimp over rice pilaf, which he enjoyed. I chose the baked scrod. It came with a side of green beans. I was told they were fresh but they were very over cooked and drowned in butter. I chose the mashed potatoes as my other side and they were good but not hot. My fish was cooked perfectly but I did not like the crust. It was the typical Ritz cracker coating that so many restaurant in this area use. I felt the food was just average but the service was excellent. Both of us felt that Iggy’s had the better food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

said way back that the folks who want you to park where they command are out of control- so now other folks are saying it- who do these people think they are- guess what- your less than human- just pompous jerks!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Looking for a place that was nice, and while driving to another place we spotted this place across the street. Very nice interior with exceptional staff. I rate this waitress as one of the best ones we've had on this stay. Food was excellent, and you had a beautiful view of the bay from your table in one part of restaurant, with large parking area at end of street to relax either in your car or on the beach or rocks for you to enjoy.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Top of The Bay? Share your experiences!