“Umm Umm Good!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is truly unique with the best tasting wings and home made kettle chips! We also had the best tasting steak and fish.
This place is HIGHLY recommended as a must stop on your travels.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Smokey Bones, I decided to try two new menu items: Corn Dogs and the Brewben Sandwich, a Reuben made with Bratwurst. As usual, we got there early and were seated immediately. As usual, the server was prompt, friendly and courteous.

Had the corn dogs as an appetizer. They arrived and appeared to be overcooked. Indeed, the ends on two were burnt. Server offered to take them back, but I really wanted to try them. Interestingly, while the outside appeared over cooked, the inside of the batter was not fully cooked (wet). But the dog itself was nice and hot. It makes me wonder if perhaps they are microwaving this item. The result is disappointing. Save your money and get your corn dogs at the fairgrounds.

The Brewben looked good when it arrived, but I found the taste to be disappointing. For me, the bratwurst just doesn't combine well with the other ingredients. Classic corned beef or pastrami in a Reuben is a better tasting sandwich for me.

The corn dogs were filling so I decided to take half the Brewben home. Something happened that is a pet peeve. I was given a box so I could pack my own leftovers. Perhaps it's just me -- but I usually feel like a should get a scraper with the to-go box so I can scrape my leftovers into it. For the very few restaurants that do it I have a very unfavorable opinion. It is a sign of lazy or "we can't be bothered" service.

In closing I should note that my wife enjoyed her Pulled Chicken Salad. And we will be back to Smokey Bones. I love their coupon specials. But I'll get my corn dogs at the fairgrounds.

1  Thank Skipper300
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried the smoked chicken wings for the first time. WOW!! Not only were they juicy and fell right off the bone, but they are better for you than the traditional "fried" chicken wings. I highly suggest trying these bad boys out ;)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really love ribs and I think they should stick to one thing. They have too much on the menu to do anything well.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a habitual stop for the better half and me, every couple of months we have to get our rib fix. This is the place for it. Don't forget the cornbread.