“RI institution for a reason!”

Governor Francis Inn
Ranked #43 of 304 Restaurants in Warwick
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Governor Francis Inn has been around for as long as I have. Good food, good quality, good service and good prices have made it so.

It's funny but it's biggest claim to fame with locals isn't an entree or appetizer... it's the vegetable. They make the best butternut squash you've ever tasted. Any time I go in and the butternut squash is one of the daily vegetable choices, no matter what else I order I'm going to love my meal!

For what it's worth, I always order seafood or Italian, but my husband goes for the turkey dinner. This is the place for well-prepared standards, not for modern fushion cuisine. I have absolutely NO idea why the cuisine of this restaurant is listed as "Californian". Maybe as a joke! It's traditional RI cuisine.

2  Thank Lauryc

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has decent prices for somewhat bland pasta and seafood dishes. The portions are huge, though, and I got two full meals out of mine. Also make a reservation if you're going for dinner, it gets packed fast and the table turn around is slow.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you want to eat yourself silly, come to Governor Francis Inn.
Haven't met a bad meal there since I started coming. Looks
expensive from the outside but the decor is tops & the food
super.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I rate this very good because the menu is diverse and food is consistent and the prices are so very reasonable. Entrees come with a dinner salad and prices average $9-$18. It isn't "avant-gard cuisine" but very good home style foods from pasta and meatballs to steak to fish and chips. It is a casual place you can bring the family to. This is the kind of place that is your go to place when you need to head out for something good to eat at the last minute. I've had the fish and chips which was cleanly fried and huge portions. I've also had the lobster roll and you get big hunks of solid lobster meat. The decor is definitely dated and needs a face lift but the place is clean and the service is always good. There is a full service bar making it even a more casual and comfortable place to eat.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice place, the food its good and its clean. If you're in Warwick and are looking for a nice place, this is it.