“Worth a try”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 305 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant sits in a strip mall on busy Rt. 1 (Post Road). We have been there a number of times and have had mixed results. The last time was no different. Three of the four meals were done correctly. One had to be sent back. There was no problem with that.
It is a little pricey, but, when it is good it is worth it
The drinks are good, the service, again, spotty.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can remember my first visit and being blown away by the quality of the food. I used to work down the street at a Hotel Bar across from the airport. I would always recommend them as close by and you didn't have to go to the hill. We used to go every year for an anniversary or b-day. Hadn't been back in years. The last time I was there i can remeber the owner greeting me by name as I walked in (I hadn't been there in 6 months!) My wife an I decided that we would return and try out the new version. We were highly disappointed in everything. We were so so packed together that I was constantly bumped into by the help as they tried to squezee through to wait/bus tables behind us. One time a busboy nearly knocked me off my chair, i called this to the attention of the hostess who apoligized and then a few minutes later bumped into me as she sat the tables behind us, oh and not one "I'm sorry!" The waiter bought the wrong appetizer after being there for 45 minutes already he gets back to us to let us know that he would now "Fire our entree's" What after 45 minutes he should have been dropping them off??? Fire they did, my salmon dish was so over cooked there was no moisture left in it. So much for having oily fish as part of my diet. The waiter then brought us the wrong drink order. I that point I just wanted to get out and had our half eaten entrees wrapped. We exited 1hr and 45 after being seated, that's with a salad appetizer and entrees (half eaten). While we were sitting there we saw the owner(?) talking with a table beside us (close enough you thought we were part of their party) and she was telling them how upset she was becuase her daughter was on her first date. Was she as upset as us at spending $18 each on entrees, a $12 appetizer and couple of $7 drinks to have us!! head for the "Hill" or North End in Boston! PS The place was noisy and they had a duet performing in a very small place-Very sad it wasn't the same:(

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went to Portofino for dinner & had quite an experience. The restaurant is in a strip mall which
is a big turnoff for me but once inside, I completely forgot about it. Excellent waitstaff & the
food was superisingly wonderful. It was just the place to get romantic!

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This place was good and the restaurant was very nice inside.
I had the scallops and risotto which was very tasty. The prices are a bit high especially the wine. That was very expensive.
When you get the bill, you get a nice surprise of a drink and dessert on the house. I won't say what it is, you have to go and find out.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

While vacationing throughout New England, my boyfriend and I couldn't figure out where to eat until we heard of this place. We stayed at NYLO in Warwick and decided to go somewhere within the town. It was affordable and the service was amazing. Very tentative and polite. A waitress even suggested different place to explore that one would normally not find in a travel book or website.

I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others and would come back the next time I'm in Rhode Island.