“Ok, for Warwick...”

Courtyard Providence Warwick
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a trip through New England. Rather than pay top dollar for a downtown Providence hotel, I chose to stay in Warwick which is about 10 minutes south of Providence. This was a nice enough hotel for the area. As mentioned in a previous review, it is sad that there is an abandoned restaurant right in front of the hotel. I had reserved a room package that included a hot buffet breakfast but this hotel does not offer a buffet any longer. They have a new cafe which looks nice, and the breakfast is fair, somewhat pre-made, but good enough to get you going in the morning - certainly not was I expected as compared to other Courtyards. Considering that there really isn't anyplace else in the immediate area to have breakfast, except for a Dunkin Donuts on the corner, breakfast at the Courtyard Cafe is really your best bet - unless you want to drive 10-15 minutes for breakfast. The lobby area is all brand-new and really nice with a touch-screen display screen in the lobby to find directions, and attractions in Providence and the surrounding areas.
The hotel rooms are a bit old and run-down, but very clean. The walls are pretty thin and you did hear people using the bathroom in neighboring rooms. Also, the hotel is very close to the highway. If staying here, try to request a room on the opposite side which might be a little quieter.

Room Tip: Request a room on side of hotel opposite the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 9, 2011

So sad to say this was a big disappointment. The plumbing did not work when we checked into our room and they were slow to respond. The second day they did NOT CLEAN THE ROOM! At around 5 pm we came in to change to find a dirty room. Called and requested it be cleaned. On our way out we advise the front desk again to have it cleaned. Came back at 9 pm. Room still not cleaned!!! They said they would so we wait in the lobby for over an hour. Go up to the room and it is still dirty!!! Call down again and they offer 1/2 off the room... Really? By this time I'm really upset, sleeeeeeepy, and ned to pack for my flight. So I go to bed in my dirty room. My inlaws were coming in a few weeks, I advised them NOT to stay here. I recommended the Fairfield Marriott in Coventry. Great Service, clean, and a few $ less... Worth the few extra miles.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We were very pleased with the ease of check in and the general quality of this hotel. However I cannot rate it a 5 because it did not have a safe deposit box in the room. I would expect this in a hotel of this quality. Also, the full length mirror had no light over it and so was not very useful. I would not have noticed this minor issue, but I was going to a formal party and really did need to use the mirror. It is a shame that there is an abandoned run down restaurant in front that deters from the overall looks of the area. I would certainly stay here again due to the fine service from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very nice CY in so-so surroundings, but very convenient to PVD. Turn in your rental and the CY shuttle will pick you up at the rental car complex. Rachel at the front desk was very, very helpful with dining advice and general help. Nice new lobby in the new CY cafe bistro design. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

A couple weeks prior to our stay, I booked our room over the phone with Rachel, who could not have been nicer or more helpful. Upon check-in, we were warmly greeted. Later that day, due to an apparent hotel system glitch, our initial check-in was not recognized and our room was momentarily given to someone else. The problem was efficiently and quickly resolved by the staff (before the other family even had a chance to enter our room)...and the next morning I received a handwritten note of apology along with a gift bag from the hotel manager. When staying at a reasonably priced hotel such as this one, I regard room/overall cleanliness as the A #1 priority....and Courtyard Providence Warwick did not disappoint in this area. I would not hesitate for a moment to return here!

Room Tip: Based solely on my experience, I would recommend calling and asking for Rachel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cold_Stone_11
Reviewed September 2, 2011

As a lifetime platinum member with Marriott I expect great service and clean facilities. This Courtyard in Warwick has both of them. They have redone their hotel in the last year or so and I must say it is superb. Great eating facility, outdoor lounging, and pool facility. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank matthewkz
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel staff were helpful and personable. We arrived before check in time after driving 14 hours. They immediately accomodated us and got us into our rooms.
The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Shower was great too.
The location was great. About 10 minutes to Providence and 30 minutes to Newport.
I would absolutely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
#4 of 13 in Providence
Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
2 mi away
Radisson Hotel Providence Airport

Been to Courtyard Providence Warwick? Share your experiences!