“Homewood Suites in Warwick, RI”

Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Niles, United States
“Homewood Suites in Warwick, RI”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Poor service, poor attitude, no handicapped access to get into the hotel, musty smelling room, dirty, worm furniture. No one cared. We went to breakfast at 8:52am and they had no food or silverware and no one cared. I would never stay here again and I would never stay at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Lori H
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our hotel is 10 years old and was not built with sliding door entrances, as well our guest room doors to the suites also do not have a sliding door entrances. We are at your service with any need during your stay. We are happy to open doors, assist with luggage, grocery shop for your room, and more. We only need the opportunity to know how best to serve your needs.
Our staff is very service conscious and if a guest calls the front desk to request something like towels, our front desk staff will often immediately bring the items to the guest room if there are not many arrivals remaining. This is why no one was at the desk when you arrived.
I am very sorry your room had a musty smell. We did have every guest room professionally cleaned by Renue Systems in October. They treated the carpets, tile, and furniture in every guest room. Our Maintenance Engineers also will treat guest rooms after pets have checked out or as needed. I will ask them to re-inspect your room.
We are working on upgrading our hotel. Due to the size and nature of the changes, we will be going through upgrades in stages. The final results will be something to see!
The breakfast area can be a challenge and our dedicated staff will do whatever is needed to keep the food fresh and hot. Sometimes when large groups come to eat at the same time the challenge is more difficult! I know our Assistant Manager was in the kitchen during that particular morning and he was bringing food out as quickly as possible. I am sorry if there was a delay when you came down.
I would love to talk with you about the issues during your stay. I care very much! We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that insures you will be satisfied with your stay or your money back. I hope to hear from you soon!

Charles Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Crosby
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I would recommend this hotel especially if you are looking for the home away feel and like the convenience of having free breakfast and dinner with complimentary beer and wine with a two drink minimum. It's convenient to get to and from airport and a quiet hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review! I am very glad to read you enjoyed your stay. Our Receptions are very popular with our guests and the complimentary beer and wine (for those of the proper age) are a big hit! I hope to see you back soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I previously reviewed Homewood Suites in April 2012. I can reiterate all my comments made in that review here again during this visit. I was booked into room 334 which is at the end of the hall which I was glad since I thought it would be quiet for my 16 night stay. I had just traveled on a 21 hour flight from Asia plus a 3 hour drive from JFK. At about 11:00, there was this very loud rattling sound that actually shook the room. We were told it was the compressor for the water sprinkler system and goes off about once every 12 hours. Thought that was strange since this was the third floor. We thought that since we were out of the hotel every day from around 10:00 till about 6 in the afternoon, we would not experience this noise too often. We were told that the day staff might change our room, but they never did. Why are they putting guests staying for 16 nights in a room that is next to a room shaking compressor and why are compressors for outside water sprinklers on the third floor.?? For about 3-4 days there was no noise, but then it started again and became more frequent almost hourly. By this time we were near the end of our stay and they did offer to change the room, but I was not going to change for only 2 more nights. I will close by saying Susan, the night desk person and the Assistant Manager, an Asian man, sorry do not have his name, offered us a package to offset our displeasure and inconvenience during this stay, which also included the pool and hot tub being closed for the entire stay. I still recommend Homewood Suites as the best choice in Warwick, just do not stay in Room 334. Kudos to Susan and the Assistant Manger. They make the difference.

Room Tip: Stay away from 334
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am glad to read our staff handled the difficulty well and were able to assist in making you more comfortable. We immediately called the maintenance company for our sprinkler system when your experience was reported and we made the necessary repairs to the system so no one else should experience the inconvenience.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Hudson, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Loved that the hotel had a cot in our room waiting for us- we arrived near midnight and the cot was up there! 6 of us in a 2 room suite- plenty of room. Nice having kitchen in the room. great location- about 10 minutes from Providence Place and about 30-40 min from Wrentham Outlets!! Loved the rate- no "extra charge" for extra adults & use of cot like many hotels!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for staying with us and writing a review! I am glad you enjoyed the 2 bedroom suite! Having an extra bathroom in a hotel room is AWESOME for multiple people staying in the room! Hardly a line to be seen. The three flat screen televisions are a nice extra also!
Thanks again for staying with us! Hope to have you back soon!

Escondido, California
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the Homewood Suites, Providence/Warwick were friendly, very helpful, and very accommodating. They were there every time I needed them. A special thanks to Sugi, Susan, Julie and Kelly, you guys ROCK! I hope to be back here again someday.

Again, THANKS!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for mentioning our staff by name! I love reading the TripAdvisor reviews to the staff and recognizing the staff by name in front of the group.
I hope we will have you back soon!
Thanks for staying with us!

Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff at the Homewood Suites make you feel at home, truly. The breakfast is great and dinner is even better. The rooms are large with a full kitchen. The large TV is better than most people have at home. The cleaning staff are perfect in their work every day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DGandy
Thank you for writing a review!
One of the special things I really like with our housekeeping staff are the little notes many of them leave for our guests. Most people never see who cleaned their room but our staff likes to try to make the cleaning a little more personal with the notes.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope we will have you back soon!

Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Well, my best friend flew out to RI from TN to stay here for my wedding for 4 days, 3 nights. She got here on a Thursday, her, myself, her husband and 2 young girls all had a wonderful dinner meal in the Lobby Dining Area, meatball sandwiches, wedge cut seasoned fries, salad, juices, yes there was wine but we didn't have any as her and I were leaving to do some last minute errands before my wedding. So, the food was fantastic, and complimentary. Both of us had separate 2 bedroom suites for ourselves and families. I had the chance to visit her 2 bedroom suite and thought it was wonderful and very roomy for all of them. She told me they were thoroughly impressed with the way the hotel was that weekend and how staff was very helpful and wonderful to her and her family while she was there. Myself, the bride, our 2 bedroom suite was even roomier and just perfect for us. The first night my parents stayed with me and they just loved everything. The next day our wedding day, I had all the bridesmaids, my parents, and the ring bearers all get dressed and ready in our suite and there was plenty of room for all of us, including myself having one whole bedroom and bathroom to myself. The living room/kitchen area was very large and comfortable. It was beautiful enough for my photographer to come and take breathtaking pictures in the suite with my girls after my dad and the boys were gone! No smelliness, no mold, no rude jerk employees, nothing like that at all. Not sure if its because I was the bride, but even the next day when my husband and I were checking out, all was just a breeze for us honestly and just plain wonderful. The hotel lobby was very nice with fireplace in the middle. The grounds were very well kept including all the entrances as we noticed because we had to drive around our wedding night to find a parking spot. No big deal we found one, got up to our room nicely, and what did we find greeting us, a super thoughtful card from Jessica Figueirido thanking us for staying there and congratulating us on our wedding! along with a bottle of champagne with glasses. Didn't need to do that? But so appreciate of the fact that she thought of us that way. Oh yeah, and Jessica was the one who took care of all our rooms for us by the way, she didn't have to but set up a website devoted to all our guests who would be traveling to stay there so they could book a room at a discounted rate and also so they would be able to have the option of staying nearby our suite. We are a close family and thought that was awesome as we planned to see everyone the next morning for breakfast to say goodbye to our traveling family and friends. My best friend from TN was even able to get a suite 5 rooms down from us! How perfect that was for us! We stayed there 9/27th-9/29th and I realize that it's a month or so later, but let me just say many of my family and friends approached us during the wedding and even called days later to say how wonderful their stay there was. So I've seen some of the reviews posted, and I take nothing from them because I didn't experience that, but what I can say is that our stay was fantastic, the hotel is tucked away in a business park, there is minimal noise if any which is surprising because its not far from the airport either, but the grounds were beautiful and well kept, plenty of parking, hotel staff was outstanding, lobby was very nice with fireplace, food was great with a nice variety, and the fact that there is complimentary wine during mon -thurs for travelers, that's pretty nice too! Rooms were really nice, clean, up to date, no smell, we stayed on the 2nd floor to the left side of the hotel, all in all a fantastic experience. We would not only recommend others to stay here, but if we need a place to stay in the future, we too will have no hesitation on staying here happily!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations on the Wedding! After talking with you on check out everything sounded wonderful on such a special day!
Your review is amazing and very much appreciated! I hope you folks will come back to us on your anniversary (if not earlier!).

Much Success!