“And with bonus dinner!!!”

Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed April 23, 2011

This hotel met our requirements for touring the Rhode Island area and had a 1 bedroom suite for the same price as other hotels for just a room which having 2 small children was a bonus!
The room was a good size with a good kitchen with microwave a Hob and fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
There was a pull out sofa bed and they provided a rollaway bed and a travel cot so you could actually fit 4 kids in with 2 adults!
The hotel is designed for long term business people but we went during spring break/Easter so there were quite a few families staying and the staff were polite and laid back.
The indoor swimming pool was clean and warm although a bit sterile!
The breakfast was varied and hot including the fab make your own waffles but the best thing was the bonus dinner - Monday to Thursday there is a hot "social hour" dinner - varied menu and kid friendly food like hot dogs and pasta.
The manager is very friendly and keen to resolve any problems
One tip - need to make sure no personal items are on the beds or they won't get made!!
There are lots of restauants nearby - Warwick seems to just be strip malls etc - and it's right by I-95!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank QuinLabRat
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2016

Thanks for your review!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick

Reviewed February 14, 2011

What blew me away the most about the Homewood Suites in RI was the kitchen area… this was no kitchenette. It had a full-size refrigerator, a 2-burner stove, full-size microwave above the stove, large dishwasher, toaster, garbage disposal, all the plates, glasses and silverware you could need, and counter space galore. And unlike most hotel or suite rooms where the desk usually doubles for a dining table, this suite had its own table with two chairs. ‘Are you kidding?’ I asked myself. ‘I could easily live here,’ I thought. I knew at that moment that no matter how long my visit it would be comfortable. I couldn’t have found a better place to stay. A large part of the stress that gripped my heart and soul had been lifted. The Homewood Suites had all the comforts of home.

To read full article, go to http://www.roadandtravel.com/hotelsresorts/2008/homewood-suites.htm

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank roadandtravel
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Thanks!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Once a year my five sisters and I spend a weekend together. This year we decided to meet in Providence, RI. We booked a two bedroom queen suite with a fireplace three weeks before our visit so we could all stay together. I made a special trip to the hotel two weeks before our visit to check out the accomodations. The day we arrived we were told the suite we had reserved was not available because a guest had extended their stay. I have stayed at many hotels and have never encountered this. When I have extended my stay I have been told that I might have to change rooms which is reasonable. The hotel did step up to the plate and gave us two rooms at no charge but I was very disappointed that despite a reservation held with a credit card our suite was given away. I have stayed at many Homewood Suites across the country and never encountered this. The next time I visit Providence I will make my reservation at another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank BinRI
HWSWarwick, Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Dear BinRi,
I would like to apologize again for not having your room type ready for your reservation. We work very hard to not oversell our room types, but in this industry as well as the airlines and restaurants, we sometimes fall short of our goal.
Our specialty in lodging is extended stays. We have many guests who live with us for months at a time for all types of different reasons. Our two bedroom suites are very popular with families and are frequently sold out because many of the rooms are currently occupied with guests who have been here for months and call our hotel home.
We sell our rooms based on departure dates that we are given by the guest, but due to the reason they may be staying with us (fire, medical, relocation) it may be difficult for the guest to be as accurate as possible. When we are faced with a guest extension that oversells a room type we look at the length of stay of the guest, length of the extension, and membership tier. For shorter stays we ask them to move to another room type, for guests who have stayed with us longer we will work with the arriving guest to meet their needs and allow the current occupant to continue staying in the room. The extension that was due to check out when you made your reservation and displaced your room is here due to a house fire. They have been in the room for quite a while and do not have any suitcases making moving more dificult.
We should have contacted you prior to your arrival and it sounds like we did not. I apologize as we like to keep our guests informed if there will be any difficulties before they check in to look at all the alternatives we can provide and completely satisfy all our guests. I hope that you and your sisters were able to enjoy all the other amenities of our hotel during your stay. If you return to Rhode Island please send me an e-mail and I will try to make your stay a more pleasant memory!

Charles Ryan

Reviewed September 27, 2010

We have been staying at Homewood Suites on most of our recent vacations because we have found them to be very child friendly. At this particular hotel we felt that we were not exactly welcome with our young children, especially in the dining area and reception area. Except for a woman at the front desk named Kelly who was so friendly and helpful, we were given strange looks instead of smiles when we spent any time in the lobby with our children (who are pretty well-behaved). Also, there are people who are residents at the hotel who did not seem so happy to have us in "their" dining room. It made us feel very uncomfortable. We also had a minor issue that needed to be resolved and we found the manager to be extremely defensive and unprofessional when we tried to address it. I recommend Homewood Suites without reservation but I would not stay at this one with young children and I would take any issues directly to the Corporate Offices if you are met with any arguments from management at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Dear NewYorkMom2,
I don't believe we have met. I would like to apologize that you felt the hotel and guests were not welcoming with your family. I spend a lot of time in the breakfast area and during our evening social to meet with our guests and learn about their stay with us. Our goal is to truly have all our guests be 100% completely satisfied with their stay. I am sorry to have missed you during your stay.
We often have many families and children stay with us because of our indoor pool and hot tub, the kitchens in all our suites, or the sportscourt in our patio area. We are also hosts to a large number of birthday/ pool parties that are booked in our meeting room on weekends and all of that business has been through word of mouth.
I am always available to talk with our guests, past, present, and future, anytime! Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will try us again.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Staff was friendly and accomadating. Room was small, but cozy. Bed was as hard as a rock. On my stay I was having breakfast when staff walked through dining area with a container with spray attachment and then into the kitchen area. When I went to the desk to say that spraying for insects during breakfast was inappropriate I was met with the "sprayer man" afterwards and he stated...."We allow pets here so that was just deodorizing spray." I thanked them for the clarification. But lets be serious....how many pets are in the kitchen? And then again....why would anyone spray anything in the kitchen during prep time? Not too happy with that experience. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

Dear Vetrn,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments regarding your stay. Our associates do not spray for bugs. We have contracted with Ecolab to deal with all manner of insects and crawling bugs since they have the experience and expertise to properly handle insects and the chemicals used to control them. They would never use chemical product in our kitchen area during meal times or prep times. Our contract is written so they will come as often as necessary to control pests which is why our associates do not need to spray. We do not carry any pesticides on the property.
Being a pet friendly hotel, It is amazing how many pet owners treat their pets like family and will bring them into the food area and feed them from their plates. We have to remind people that pets are not allowed in the dining area for the enjoyment of all our guests.
Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed September 2, 2010

So I wanted to get away for a short trip. A friend recommended Warwick. Probably would not come back again bc this is definitely a sleepy town. You have to travel a little bit to get to Newport and Providence. However, this hotel is pretty cool. It's a studio suite so you have a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, etc. The hotel has a buffet breakfast..def decent (scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, bagels, cereal. But to our surprise, they also have what they call a 'manager's reception' Monday through Thursday. It's a little like camp food, but it's on the house and it can save you a few bucks if you don't want to order in or hop back in the car to get a bite to eat. Yesterday it was hot dogs, baked beans, salad, wine, and iced tea. Today it was chicken fingers, tater tots, coleslaw, salad, and beer on tap. Was it spectacular? No; however, was it decent and filling and fresh? Yes! I would definitely check out other Homewood Suites in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in August. We initially booked the one bedroom suite which was quite small and can fit three people at best. We upgraded to the two bedroom suite which was a reasonable size. Overall the hotel did not feel clean at all, the pool was pretty gross and always very crowded. The staff were friendly but quite useless in terms of providing information about things to do. Breakfast was OK. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank AlbanyL

Dear AlbanyL,
Thank you for staying with us. I am truly sorry our hotel did not meet your satisfaction. I would have thought the two bedroom suite would have met all of your needs with the two separate bedrooms, each with their own bathroom and three televisions in the room. There are not too many hotels in the area with that type of accomodations.
On August 17th we had our Quality Assurance review from Hilton. Every aspect of the hotel was reviewed from top to bottom and we ended up with a cleanliness score of 97%. We have had some busy events over the summer and if the pool was overused by guests and their children I can only apologize for the inconvienence. We monitor our pool every day for temperature, chemicals, and cleanliness, and the state of Rhode Island Department of Health checks the pool each month as well and we have not failed an inspection.
I do hope you will try us again in the future. Thank you for staying with us!