“It's a hole” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Saugerties, New York
“It's a hole”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

It's good to see that the marketing manager is responding to complaints because I have one. Bed Bugs - Stayed in Room 240 and my wife and I were eaten alive by bed bugs. Hard to believe that in this day and age, especially with all the negative publicity that motels with bed bugs have received, that Motel 6 would have them. When my wife called to complain, she was told it must be flea bites, well Motel 6 we don't have animals nor were we anywhere near animals. it was you bed bug infested motel.
If you decide the room fee is worth the risk to you or if you have kids, them, then spray the room and beds down with bug killer first.
Thanks for a wonderful time on my wife's birthday, Motel 6.

Room Tip: One other responder said "sleep in your car," we concur.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robert E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lake Winola, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, especially reading the reviews. As a place to stay and sleep this will fit the bill. Don't expect any frills it didn't even have an alarm clock. Could tell the building and rooms were old as well as the furniture in them. Would I stay there again, probably not unless I had to.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ElRider79
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Ok, so it's NOT The Omni, but you're only paying $60 +/- ..... I've stayed here many times, traveling with my dog, and surprisingly find it to be rather quiet considering the highway is just across the way.

Areas not too congested, there's an Irish pub type business that shares the lot and a Mobile with Dunkins across the street.

It is what it is. A $60 hotel. I found the staff pleasant, not too many sketchy people hanging about, a favorite of mine with MOST Motel 6's.

I had to air out the room, from what I can only assume was the air freshener. It was a bit overwhelming, but once I aired it out, there were no further problems,
The mattress, although comfy .... was crunchy. Not in a yuck crunchy kind of way, just noisy,

C.

Room Tip: They side entrance doors can be a bit noisy. Because of the dog I choose a ground floor so I hear al...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CarlPaine
Long Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Totally agree with previous poor reviews. Sleep in your car before staying here. Must say, night staff and manager were very nice but this place is a nightmare. Dirty (hair in bathroom), stained carpet, Blood stain on shower wall. Woke up with bug bites in my arm! Arrived at midnight, Booked here on business and every other hotel full, or I would have left. Shame on this franchise, will NEVER stay at another of their hotels.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank theatremamma
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear theatremamma,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The housekeeping conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Warwick hotels

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Having stayed in Motel 6 in California before I wasn't expecting luxury - however this has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
This was part of roadtrip with my father. As we were just passing through we just needed somewhere quick and easy to bed down and so I thought a motel 6 would be fine.

WRONG!

It looked fine from the outside but inside was not clean, the beds were some of the most uncomfortable ever and it all had a very stale smell. If it wasn't so late when we checked in, if we hadn't pre-paid at the point of check-in and if we didn't have an early start the next morning I would have left.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank UK-James72
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear UK-James72 - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness, bedding conditions and bed comfort issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived to this motel we were greeted by the sighting of 2 police cars and a man getting arrested on the front of the motel. My husband and I were really tired from our 16 hr drive that we tried to dismiss the incident and check in anyway. I wish that was the worst part of my stay, but unfortunately it just went downhill from there. The room we were given was located in a building that smelled like rotten eggs. To top it off we were mistakenly given a smoking room. I called the front desk to have the room switched, but she informed me that there were no more non-smoking rooms available for the night. It was 2 am, the room was already paid for, so we just dediced to suck it up. By this point I was already very aggravated by the situation and decided to take a shower. However the shower proved to be another problem. The shower was so old that the floor paint was completely peeled off. The bathroom towels were also still dirty, it was terrible. We paid $80 dollars for the room, a total ripoff for the disgusting room we received. By far this is the winner of worst motel I have stayed at.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Tessy P
Dear TatianaP984 - We apologize for your unpleasant stay, including the unwelcoming experience you had before check-in, the bathroom maintenance issues, and the odor and towel conditions you encountered. Thank you for submitting your review, and please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this as a stop on the way home from Maine. Since we stayed at a pretty nice Motel 6 in Massachusetts on the way up, we thought it would be a safe bet. Couldn't have been more wrong! The room was dirty, cobwebs on the ceiling, bottle caps under the edge of the bed, a really bad smell and the worst mattress I ever encountered. If we weren't so tired, we would have gotten back in the car and driven all night to get home! Sure, it was cheap, but I wouldn't stay here again for free! Beware!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bergen202
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Providence - Warwick, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Bergen202 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, comfort and odor issues that led to your unpleasant stay. Please know that the issues you experienced are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We kindly suggest that you contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#3 of 12 in Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,281 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Providence - Warwick? Share your experiences!