“Not world class, but better than many” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thai Excursion
Ranked #74 of 302 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not world class, but better than many”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Yes it's in a strip mall, but the decor isn't all that great, as others have gushed. I wouldn't impress a date here, unless we were both big Thai fans. IMHO, this is a modest restaurant putting out better than average Thai food. The menu is intelligently and humorously laid out (vegetarian selections are titled "Buddha Approved"). My Pad Thai was good and very authentic (I've been to Thailand) even with a rather watery sauce, and was an ample portion. Sadly, I was too full to try dessert. I would visit again next time I'm in Warwick.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank R C

providence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai Food in RI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Thai food made from fresh ingredients. And Toni at the bar makes great drinks, is very sociable, and knows the menu from front to back and will make sure you order what you like. One thing if you love spicy food to the 100th degree they will make it for you!!

Visited November 2013
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Mediocre experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with my wife for dinner. Nothing was horrible, but the food was bland. My phad thai was slightly mushy. Hoping it was just a bad night, we will give them another chance as we like supporting small local restaurants when possible.

Ajax, Canada
“Sometimes there is a difference of opinion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love Thai food. The bride has alway been o.k. with it, We do a fair amount of this style of cooking at home and we have a local restaurant which we have enjoyed dinner at several times. However on this outing she was looking for something a little less spicy, the waiter suggested a steamed fish, which he said was mild. I orders a curry. To be honest, the bride didn't like the dish, it had a little heat and a different combination of seasoning. I sampled it and it was o.k. but had a flavour that I had not tasted before, My curry was fabulous. Waiter was an interesting character and was concerned that the wife was not struck on her meal. The place was small, but very clean, fairly quiet, service was prompt, and staff was polite and friendly, helpful. Price was just about right. Would recommend to others.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ajax-Ian12
Worthington, Ohio
“excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food are authentic....tasty n fresh. If u r in RI....visit the place for best Thai food....the mango rice was awesome....fresh fruits in dishes.....soup less sodium....overall, excellent appetite.

• Visited August 2013