“Don't Mess with Texas Roadhouse”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“Don't Mess with Texas Roadhouse”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The first time we went here, I had a pretty decent experience. Yes, the "enthusiasm" of the youthful staff seemed a bit forced and the server made mistakes, but the food, when judged by the standards of the "comfort" category, was fair and filling. With each subsequent visit, however, I noticed that there were always mishaps with one or more of the orders, and this last time was, unfortunately, the last straw. My other half's rare steak was delivered raw and had to be returned, which was not so very shocking. A second server appeared a short while later with a plate and asked "are you the one who sent your steak back?" and we answered in the affirmative and, although we both noticed that the new steak was larger, we assumed this was intended as a courtesy for having to wait (and I, of course, had started on my tips rather than allowing them to get cold). Another minute passed while my spouse began eating the second steak, and then the original server reappeared with the original steak looking very confused. When we explained what had happened in her absence, she snatched the second plate away saying "that's not yours!" and replaced it with the first one. To make matters worse, the first steak was still raw and would obviously have to go back again. When we witnessed the server attempt to deliver the second steak (out of which there was now missing a couple of bites!!!) to its intended destination a couple of tables away, we decided we'd had just about enough. The server, for her part, seemed far more discombobulated than apologetic and the manager, though he or she (we never saw him/her, despite the massive disservice) removed the charge for the steak, still charged us for my tips (which were only half eaten because our meal had obviously been ruined) and our soft drinks. Un-freaking-believable, but that's just how it happened. It's hard to say which is the worst kind of customer service -- that which arises out of indifference (see: Olga's Cup and Saucer in Providence) or incompetence (as with TRH Warwick). I guess I would have to say the former -- which is why I'm giving TRH two stars out of five. It's not going to be the worst dining experience you've ever had but when there really are other options -- even for steak houses -- why would you bother?

• Visited January 2014

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hearing family members say how good the food was I decided to try it. It was absolutely fantastic! Had the ribeye and rib combo with a baked sweet potato . Had to take half of it home because the portion was so generous. Its a fun place. Love it. Will definitely go again and try a smaller entrée such as the salad with steak on it.

• Visited October 2013
Troy, New York
“Great place for family & friends”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We met up with family and a couple friends there. Food was great, drinks were well made, and company and atmosphere was wonderful!

Our server was very accommodating to our all of our needs

• Visited October 2013
NEWPORT
“Best steak in RI”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I love the texas Road house you get a great steak at a reasonable price. Won some money at twin river so decided to go to my favorite steak house. Ordered the 12 oz prime rib. The Food & the service was great .

Pennsylvania
“chain steakhouse with consistently good value and good quality food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

There is nothing to dislike. Good service, reasonable prices, high quality and tasty menu items in a fun atmosphere.

Visited August 2013