“Great choice for college visits too.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great choice for college visits too.”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We just returned from a one night stay. Less than 15 minutes from the city of Providence. More of a bargain than other places in downtown Providence. We arrived late and encountered a snafu. We booked months ago and requested a guaranteed late arrival and a non-smoking king bed. I called the day before and reconfirmed all of this. When we arrived and went to our room, it was a smoking, double bedded room. I went down to explain that I had just called to reconfirm all that I had booked. Rhonda at the front desk went above and beyond to make this right. I understand rooms get given away, but we just couldn't stay in a smoking room. Rhonda was not going to let us stay in a room we didn't want and she was more than helpful. She could tell we were stressed from a long car ride. She was polite, funny, and professional. I am so glad she was working that night.

Breakfast the next morning was better than we expected. Several hot dishes and make your own waffles were offered. Items were replenished quickly. There is also a bar right in the lobby.
Room was typical Hampton Inn. Very clean and comfortable. Free wifi. Would stay there again and probably will.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
HamptonInnWarwick, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Thank You for your review. Rhonda is a true professional and always looks to provide excellent service to our guests. I will share this with her. I am sure it will make her day!!!

Our breakfast is always changing so that our guests have variety.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Amy Rogers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Spring, TX
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We tried to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn around the corner before our return flight. We had stayed there upon arrival. They had no rooms so because we are Hilton Honor members we came here. We were concerned about the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were checked in with a room we asked for within ten minutes. We also called down and got a refrigerator. We were told it would be twenty minutes it was in our room within ten minutes.
The front desk ladies were very helpful and so efficient. The rate was excellent.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnWarwick, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Dear Handmeup, We'd like to take a moment to thank you for your positive review of your stay at our property. We are glad you gave us a chance, despite your concerns, and we're glad your stay with us was a pleasant one. Sincerely, Ashley.
florida
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Great shuttle service, great breakfast. The bar and seating area is a plus and provides a great place to unwind after a long day while debating where to go for dinner. Only drawback is that there is quite a bit of airplane noise due to proximity to runways. This hotel is located right next to the airport. Takeoffs and landings start at 6am and go well into the night, after 10pm. I also had some issues with the high speed internet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear Cocolobaglades, Thank you for your honest review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed relaxing in our lounge area & also wanted to apologize for any issues you may have had with our wireless internet and any airplane noise. We hope you choose to stay with us next time you are in the area! Sincerely, Ashley.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I was very disappointed with this hotel, the property and rooms are fine but the poor attitude of the staff was enough to aggrivate me because there is no excuse for that. When checking in I wasn't greeted AT ALL, the first thing the agent (Ashley, who I believe was the manager on duty) said to me was "credit card." I gave her my credit card for incidentals and was then given my room key. I said "thank you" and the only response I got from her was "uh huh" and she went back to whatever personal business she was doing.

The next morning I asked another agent at the desk when the next airport shuttle was leaving and I got a condecending "every half hour ma'am" like I should have known. Sorry, I know you do this every day, but I don't!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear Flygirl, We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the negative experience you had while checking in and out of our hotel. Rude behavior and attitude from our desk staff is unacceptable and I assure you we are taking steps to rectify the issue. Sincerely, Cheryl
Western MASS
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I lucked upon this Hampton Inn a little over a year ago on hotwire.com..since then,it's been a repeat stay 3 times!Awesome service,great pool,great rooms and a grill outside to boot!EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEe spoke to us,gave us tips on local restaurants and sites/etc.The breakfast buffet does the job-perfect for a family with children OR singles/couples looking for something quick yet wholesome options.OVERALL-AWESOME STAY!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
RHODE ISLAND
Reviewed May 18, 2010

After we had arranged a rate using my wife's company discount, the desk clerk refused to believe us. After arguing with her for over 10 minutes she finally gave us the rate we we're quoted.
The hotel was ok except the designed of the building caused howling when the wind blew. Heard the noise all night.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4TH STOOGE
CT
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I attended a seminar at the Sheraton (just down the road) and since I am a smoker decided to stay here. The staff was great. I asked for a good chinese place that delievered and they gave me a menu that they as a staff used. The chinese food was wonderful. The room itself was nice and clean and cozy. I have been in alot of smoking rooms where you could tell it was a smoking room (still dirty) and this one I couldnt tell.
One of the best parts is the shuttle took me to the seminar and picked me up at the end of the day both days. Oh and the wireless internet worked well too.
This is a hotel I would use again even just for a get out of the house weekend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business