“Great stay just too short”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
california
“Great stay just too short”
Reviewed December 3, 2008

My husband and I were arriving late prior to Thanksgiving and so decided to stay in a hotel rather than bother family to pick us up near midnight. This was the only hotel which offered 24 hour pickup!!!!!! It was the deciding factor in booking the room. It was a short trip from the airport. When checking in the woman behind the desk was extremely pleasant and friendly. My husband is a Hilton Honors member and our room was upgraded. We weren't staying long, but it was a nice treat. The breakfast was plentiful and the fire was pleasant on the rainy morning. The rate was very reasonable for all the amenities provided. They are my hotel of choice for Rhode Island!!

• Liked — value for the dollar
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We were in RI to see family and this is a very convenient location with highway access close by and an adequate number of nearby restaurants. Legal Seafoods is directly across the street and Chelo's is a good choice just down the road. Dave's is a pretty good spot for casual fare and the free shuttle will drive you there and pick you up - great for those of us who enjoy a cocktail! Our room had a King bed with a just laundered duvet instead of a seedy bedspread. The bed also came with both soft and firm pillows and was extremely comfortable. There was a couch, coffee table, desk and desk chair and plenty of outlets for electronics. The bath was large with great water pressure and a really wonderful shower head with lots of spray choices. The massage position was a real treat. We really enjoyed the breakfast choices of cold cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, bread (toaster provided) pre-cooked but good eggs, sausage, juices and of course coffee (that was very good!). One morning there was waffles and french toast. They constantly replenished anything you needed and did stay open until 10am each morning. As others have mentioned the front desk could be iffy but it was the luck of the draw as one girl upon check-in had an attitude but others were great and the staff overall were terrific. Kudos to the shuttle driver and housekeeping!! Note: I left 5 items hanging on my own hangers in a garment bag in the wardrobe and did not realize my error until I arrived home (NJ) and unpacked. I immediately called the hotel and the lady who answered (Lauren) nicely asked me to hold while she went to our room to check the wardrobe herself. She then connected me to the housekeeping lost and found extension ( it was after 7pm) so I could leave my message. When my husband called the next business day to follow-up he spoke to the head of housekeeping and they in turn gave my items to the front desk, who shipped them immediately to my home. They arrived nicely packed within 2 days. Thanks Hampton Inn!!!

• Liked — the clean very very comfortable bed!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Avi525
Southern California
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I stayed here one night, it happened to be Super Bowl Sunday. There was a private function downstairs in the lobby with a $25 cost to watch the game on the medium size TV screen and nibble on some snacks. I passed on that and watched the game in my room. The service was adequate, front desk was not so friendly, bland and each time I approached the front desk I had to eventually get the attendant's attention as she was usually talking with a co-worker or friend. It seemed such an inconvenience to her to see what the pesky guest wanted as I should have known she was busy with her personal life and didnt want to be bothered. I must say however they offered free nearby shuttle service. I needed a ride somewhere and the driver was great, he was friendly & helpful. The rooms were nice, it was separate bedroom and small living room and kitchenette, the facility is new and modern. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare, I sometimes eat it, I sometimes pass. I had an egg and sausage at this location. It was OK as I was hungry.

Stayed February 2008
3 Thank freykr
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2008

My fiance and I were looking for a hotel to block a bunch of rooms for our wedding. We walked into the hotel and approached the front desk where the three people behind the desk were gossiping. It took them a minute to stop and attend to us. We mentioned that we would like to see the property and some rooms to see if they would be appropriate for our guests.

The staff was extremly rude stating that they couldn't show us a room because sales wasn't in on the weekend. They told us to come back on a weekday and talk to them. We then went on to explain that we couldn't come back on a weekday because we lived in another state and both worked full time during the week. We mentioned that we didn't need to talk about rates or any other details, that we could call sales during the week to discuss the details, all we wanted to do was see the rooms at this point. I wanted to see if the rooms were big for all my bridesmaids and myself to get ready in. The staff still refused to show us a room even though they wre clearly not doing anything. I also know that it wasn't against policy because my mother had stoped by a different weekend and they had shown her the rooms. They did tell us that we could just walk around the property to get an idea, but they wouldn't show us a room. That scared me. If they'll just let people walk around their property, I don't want to be staying there.

As we walked away to check out another hotel instead of this one, the three people behind the counter went back to their gossiping, ignoring a couple standing in line to check in.

Needless to say, we decided on another hotel.

• Liked — it looked new
  • Disliked — THE SERVICE!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank RedSoxRox
United States
Reviewed July 7, 2007

When we arrived to our room, we discovered a full sized bed instead of the King Bed we paid for. The front desk clerk said WE were mistaking, that King Suite was the type of room but did not mean a King Bed was included. We explained there is a king size headboard, with a full sized bed in he room. She then offered us a down grade room so that we could have a King bed. My husband went to the front desk and showed the clerk the print out of our servation which said King Suite with a King Bed, suddenly a proper King Suite with a King Bed was available.

On the last day, our room keys did not work. We called the front desk and the same clerk as noted above said (with an attitude) that she would bring us a new key. When she tried to open the door, her key did not work. She said she would go back to the front desk to bring us another one.

Room description: King Suite has a separate bedroom (only bathroom located in the bedroom) and a pull out sofa and chair in the livingroom. There is also a dishwasher, microwave, stove top and full size fridge 2 Tv's. The hotel has a good sized pool, hot tub and a small gym. Legal Seafoods is across the street - Great food.

The hotel was extremely busy as it is located at the airport and this seems to be the hotel that serves as lodging for local events. Despite the large crowd, breakfast went smoothly and there was plently of places to sit.

• Liked — Value for the money.
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank theexpert
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2007

We liked this place ok, because we were flying out early the next day. It suited our purpose. I wouldnt recommend it for an actual vacation but for business or one night stay it is okay. They offer a free shuttle to and from airport. I dont really care for Providence or Warwick, they just seem dirty and flooded wtih gangs to me. But if you HAVE TO stay in this town, this is a nice place to stay if you need to be by the airport. Would i recommend it to a friend? Only if that friend needed something close to airport and even then, i might tell her to shop around.

PROS:
Nice helpful staff
Clean rooms, spacious.
Wireless internet
Nice lounge.
Nice snack room.
Parking and elevators were convienent.
Free shuttle.

CONS:
*No restaurant.
*No ammenities in room, no fridge or microwave.
*Decent breakfast i guess, more continental than "hot". Biscuits were cold and hard, no eggs, bacon, or sausage. Some kind of bagel pizza that had what appeared to be eggs and sausage but it had been sitting out so long, i was not able to eat it. Dont even try to toast a bagel or english muffin unles you have half an hour for the toaster to actually toast the breads.

Like i said, the only reason i stayed here was because i was flying out of here in the morning. So if you HAVE to stay in Providence/Warwick and you want to be close to an airport, you could do worse. But really. I try to avoid Providence/Warwick if at all possible anyway, I just dont feel safe in this town and I NEVER venture out of my hotel while I am here. It reminds me of Detroit or some nasty New Jersey town. YUCK.

• Liked — Close to airport, free shuttle.
  • Disliked — No restaurant. Hot breakfast was sad.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank ycats1229
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2007

It is what it is - a Hampton Hotel at the airport. Quality was nice, it was clean, hotel shuttle was convenient. Not much more to say than that. If you need a convenient and clean place to stay this is it. Legal Sea Foods is across the street. It is located right next to the airport.

• Liked — Convenience - right next to airport
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family