“Responsive staff, clean and modern facility”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed as part of a group who was participating in a hockey tournament at a local rink. The only snafu during the visit came during check in. Lots of people came at the same time and it created a back up. The front desk only had two computer terminals which contributed to the slow process, but they provide me with late check out which made up for the small inconvenience. The staff was very friendly and helpful with the manager always available and visible constantly inquiring about our experience with the stay. Our kids were pretty good and the staff was tolerant of all. The facility was clean and located near restaurants and a mall. I never heard an airplane even though it was near the airport. Overall, a great experience!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We are delighted you found our staff to be so responsive and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, it was certainly a challenge to check-in a mass number of guests at the same time. I am glad our staff was able to provide you and your family with a little something extra in the way of a late check-out. Thank you for mentioning our staff and their tireless efforts to ensure your stay was an excellent one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I wish there was a choice of a "15" for the hotel staff! Honest to God, they could not have been more friendly, helpful or more, simply, nice! This was one of my top hotel stays ever! Breakfast was great...the facilities were great...but the staff made it! I was there with my 8 year old son for a hockey tournament that lasted all weekend. They could NOT have been more accommodating to our group and the other teams. They bent over backwards for us...something you DO NOT see very often. I walked by the General Manager's office one early evening, and he had 15 kids and a couple of mothers watching Youtube videos...the kids were having a ball! One of the Assistant Manager's named Steve was especially helpful and deserves a bonus for putting up with us! Keep up the good work! Alex Corbett

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mr Corbett,
I am overwhelmed by this remarkable review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it and making special mention of our staff. We have a passion for delivering exceptional guest service and strive to not only meet our guests expectations, but to exceed them. I am so pleased we were able to do this for you and your family. I will be sure to read this review with our entire team and recognize Steve for his efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Management and staff were on hand to help you with anything. The were very kind and accommodating! Rooms have updated TVs and were clean. Pool was relaxing and the hot tube was gorgeous. They were well prepared for our large group visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the great amenities we have to offer such as our pool and hot tub. Our staff gladly works diligently to prepare for our large groups and we appreciate you making mention on how prepared you felt we were for you. We hope you have the opportunity to come visit us in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My Wife and I of over 52 years, would like to thank the CAST and CREW TEAM of this safe haven during our 7 nights and 6 days of the HERCULES & ION STORM. In alphabetical order, the credits go to; Adam, Andrea, Asma, Beverly, Bob, Suzanne Dacey= Front Office Mgr., Danika, Dennis, Derek, E- Big E, Geronimo, George, Steve Gothberg=Chief Eng, IRA, Josh, Peter, Richard, Shelly, And Jay Visnjic = General Manger. Also, Frank, of Chanel 10, and Vinnie.

I'm sure we have missed some folks, but we will remember your smiles and the team effort to make our stay one of the most pleasant we can remember. Thanks again, Betty Jean (BJ)
& Ted E. Moehnke, Marin Co. San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay V, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Mr and Mrs Moehnke, What an incredible pleasure it was for all of us to have met both of you. It is because of people like you that I am reminded how much I love my job...You have made an indelible impression on all of us. We are so pleased we were able to make your unexpected stay so pleasurable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.
Warm Regards,
Suzanne

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Andrea the front desk agent, I believe her name was, was so friendly and kind. Having to make a last minute reservation because of a flight cancelation I was in a very bad mood, but when I called she arranged for a shuttle to come get me. The shuttle arrived in no time, mad the driver was very friendly too. When I arrived at the front desk she was very positive and kind but also sincere, not just going through the motions. This is the kind of personalized experience that keeps people coming back. She handed me my keys and a drink coupon and even made a joke about how I might need it after my long day at the airport, which really broke the ice and made me feel much better(A+). Then she "anticipated my needs" by giving me the internet code and explaining how to log onto the internet with it. (Which I loved because last time I stayed at a hilton property I had no idea how to log onto the internet). As a hilton employee and a gold hhonors guest I was very proud to see her exceed my expectations of check in. Andrea is definitely management material!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dannyloco

Wow, thank you so much for specifically recognizing Andrea for all her efforts! I am so pleased she was able to take a bad situation and make the best out of it for you. We strive to deliver exceptional service to our guests and appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed one night as had 6 am flight next morning. Staff very helpful. Snack bag offered for people checking out early like us. The water bottle was taken away by TSA however. So, note to the hotel, keep the water, TSA confiscates it, even if it has not been opened. Anyhow, the room was fine but overpriced in my opinion at over one hundred dollars NOT including tax which is appreciable (15 percent at least). But, the convenience to the airport is very important in fact you could walk there if you had to. So, it's what you can afford.

Room Tip: no fridge or microwave in room. the queen size bed was firm enough for one person. we are 2 adults...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanne P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although it sounds like you were "OK" with your stay, we are not happy unless you are totally satisfied. For those rooms that do not have them, we do have refrigerators and microwaves at no charge which we provide upon request. Please never hesitate to ask for anything while you are here, we consider it our pleasure to assist you. I am pleased you were happy with the proximity to the airport and you found our staff to be very helpful. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back so we can show you exactly why our guests keep coming back.