“The quality stay I have come to expect with Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was an impromptu family mini-vacation in our home state, looking for a nice clean hotel with an indoor pool and hot tub for the family to enjoy mid-winter. The hotel was booked through a third-party website, which apparently did not do the best job notifying the hotel (I had a feeling that may happen and called the hotel direct, and learned of the miscommmunication.) The manager on duty, Asma, quickly and professionally straightened things out before our arrival, getting things off to a good start. The hotel was great - pool and hot tub were a little cool upon arrival but the hotel was able to increase the temperature by that evening. The heating/cooling unit in the room was a bit loud - not enough to complain about, certainly not enough to request a room change (which probably had the same type of unit), and in the end despite the noise, we all had a good nights sleep. So good clean, newish hotel, close to the airport, local shopping, and many restaurants, decent free Sunday breakfast, good indoor pool, HUGE hot tub, all of which prompts me to go the extra mile myself and post this very favorable review of the hotel and their professional and welcoming staff! I look forward to staying there again!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

At check in I asked where I could buy club soda. They told me not to worry. Within 10 minutes 6 bottles were delivered to our room by the front desk staff. AMAZING. The pool is large (water could of been a little warmer). The lobby is beautiful, the breakfast is good and all the staff is so friendly. I LOVE Hampton Inns

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Let's face it. It's the Hampton Inn, not the Mackinac Grand Hotel. The room and settings are plenty comfortable and parking is convenient around the perimeter of the Inn. What sets this location apart is the degree of service instilled into the employees. Danica's lovely smile as she dutifully keeps the breakfast area clean and well-stocked is a wonderful morning bonus. Andy and Shawn do a great job of clearing trays and keeping the area neat and clean. Andy, wondering if I needed help with the waffle iron (I didn't) volunteered to make my waffle for me. I had to all but beat him off with a stick..... he's that helpful and courteous. My visit there was for 2 nights, and during the second morning's breakfast the general manager came over chatted a bit, asking about my stay. I handed him several dollars asking him to divide it among these breakfast staffers. I gave sleep quality 3 stars because Hampton insists on installing super-warm comforters on their beds. I wish they'd do away with this practice. There is a Legal Seafoods restaurant just across the street, which is very convenient. This was my 2nd separate visit to this location, and it won't be my last.

Room Tip: It's near the airport, so there really isn't a recommendation for this. But flights at nigh...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great hotel , staff couldn't be any more accommodating! Highly recommend to travelers using tf green or looking to stay close to providence without paying high downtown rates. Staff really helped us out with a car problem.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife booked this hotel for Dec. 31, 2013 as it would be my 70th birthday.I just wanted a night away with my wife of 51 years. There was a happy mistake made. When entering our room, 113, I found a pink bag with gifts inside .(candy, soda,etc.) Being that it was my birthday, my wife and I had a good laugh .I will always have fond memories of 12/31/2013. Thank you. Mr. and Mrs. Pitts

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

At this Hampton Inn the staff was most professional and welcoming. The person on the desk actually expected us as if she knew we were coming. The shuttle drivers were extremely accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The rooms - very quiet and warm due to solid construction, the heating unit works well.
The beds - super comfortable!!
The bath - clean and functional (could use an exhaust fan though)
Storage - kind of lacking, only a small 3 drawer hutch under the TV, enough to hold my wife's stuff but I had to leave mine in the suitcase. Also the closet is on the small side.
Breakfast - needs improvement, let's ban serving frozen eggs, supply better breads and muffins and replace the broken oatmeal pot.

Here's what made the stay different:

We arrived Christmas day to spend time with family when the next night my wife took an ambulance from the hotel to the hospital. In the following days, the front desk crew, and especially a young lady named Asma, not only showed genuine concern but also helped with pricing for my unplanned occupancy extension. When the hospital surprisingly discharged my wife earlier than planned, I wound up back at the hotel and Asma again proved herself to be the comprehensive professional along with super people-skills and took care of all the details so I could concentrate on more important matters. If you get a chance to say hello to the G.M. (Jay), he's a courteous and cordial kind of professional, a nice guy to chat with.

Would I have found similar treatment at other hotels? Possibly but I doubt it....so why take a chance - I'll be staying at this place whenever I'm in town.