“Not my favorite Hampton Inn property”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Illinois
“Not my favorite Hampton Inn property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport in Providence, RI in early March. Although having the appearance of having been recently renovated, this property felt cheap. The flooring in the front lobby area had the appearance of thin, poorly worn laminate. My room smelled a little funky and stale and of course there was no way to open the window to allow some fresh air in. The card reader on my door did not work and I had to go back to the front desk to get new keys. The Asst. Manager came back to the room with me to try the new keys, but they didn't seem to work either. He worked with the key reader for several minutes before giving up and letting me in with the master key. I decided not to leave the room after this for fear that I would not be able to get back in. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful, but the property less than what I expected from a Hampton.

1 Thank lovevacations09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying here very impressed,very clean,and comfortable..enjoyed the 24 hour store located next to the front desk,didn't even have to leave the hotel,and the morning breakfast was delicious,great by the fireplace in the front lobby.the only thing I didn't like was that the window didn't open.for sum.fresh air.other than that perfect stay...thank.you

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank antsgirl76
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Two weeks ago my father died suddenly. The Hampton Inn at the PVD airport made sure that I had a lovely room. Upon arrival, the desk clerk conveyed condolences. The whole staff was very respectful of my loss.

It was nice to know that where I was staying was safe, since my husband was out of the country, so I was alone, ---- and consistent in comfort. I also valued the support and sympathy of the great staff at that trying time.

The GM, Jay, was very nice and attended my dad's funeral, since he had met him a few times. I valued his support. All hotels should have such thoughtful and delightful staff, as well as fine accommodations. This Hampton Inn is a standout and attended by exceptional staff!

Very impressed.

Room Tip: All rooms are soundproof. You never hear the airplanes.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Barbara,
We are always so happy to see you. I am very sorry that this time it was a sad occasion. Many, many hugs from your extended family!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Elaine + Judy got my day off to a great start with the continental breakfast. Thanks girls. Morning is the most important part of the day. My suite was awesome and it was quiet in my room even with a girls hockey team staying on the same floor.

• Stayed March 2013
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel has the most accommodating staff I have ever come across. My family was here recently for a hockey tournament. The general manager, Jay Visnjic, along with his staff made every family feel extremely welcome. They even turned two hotel rooms into knee hockey rooms so the kids had a place to play and hang out with their friends. I highly recommend this hotel both for its cleanliness and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been there two times now on business. It is close to the airport, clean, friendly, and has the coolest tour of Providence service. If you are renting a car this is the best hotel. As you take the extremely long jetway to the rental car agency you will actually see the hotel. The hotel is closer than the car rental! You can return your car the evening before your flight. If you ask, the hotel shuttle guy will pick you up from the car rental, The next morning, you can enjoy the coffee as they also will shuttle you to the airport. Best way to go. I must do a shout out to Elaine from Hampton who filled me in on this great tip at the hotel.

Room Tip: I have not really seen a difference..
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I would stay here again. What stands out and caused me to want to write a review is the exceptional staff at the front desk. They were friendly and quick to offer a shuttle service whenever I needed it, 24 hours a day. It is also convenient that Legal Seafoods is right across the street. One negative was the heat in my room. It did not seem to monitor based on the temperature setting. It seemed to just continue to heat. I found I needed to turn the heat off when it became too hot in the room. On the plus side I liked that there is a fan that can be run continuously instead of having it turn on and off automatically.