“Last minute diversion and pleasantly surprised”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We lost power during the blizzard and checked into the local Hampton Inn. We had never stayed there and came away with a feeling of bliss. Maybe it's just because we had hot showers and warm food. The kids loved the pool/Jacuzzi. The fitness center was decent - better than those converted hotel rooms where they place a treadmill and some free weights in a room and call it a fitness center. Great breakfast. And lobby area was comfortable and friendly - especially during the evenings when the bar was open. Again, maybe it was just connecting with people during the storm, but we had a great time.

In Summary - Great value for money; many amenities on property and good restaurants in the area for lunch/dinner.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 or so for a "King Suite" - the sitting and kitchen areas make it a great...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been staying here 2-3 times a month for a few months now, the staff (especially Natalia - Go Canada!) are really friendly, and very helpful.
The fitness room has new, good quality equipment, with enough space that you don't feel cramped.
We have also used the meeting rooms, spacious and well catered.

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Because of some road construction north of Providence, I chose this Hampton for a visit to Providence. It was a wise choice.

I am a loyalty member of Hampton so I expected a very good stay but this hotel exceeded my expectations. All the staff, from breakfast servers to maintenance were cordial, pleasant and welcoming. Natalia at check in was particularly cheerful and accommodating. The lobby looks fresh and inviting. The property is quiet, clean, and well maintained. Although every Hampton serves breakfast, this one had hot offerings as well as continental offerings. In the words of that famous actor and governor, "i'll be b-a-c-k."

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank civicwagon1990
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We only stayed one night and our room, breakfast and service were a pleasant surprise.While we were away, RI was hit by a blizzard. We didn't know what we would find since our car was parked on the Hampton Inn property with 30+ inches of snow. The Hampton shuttle picked us up form the airport and took us to our car. We only had to get the snow off the roof and we were on our way. We will stay at this property in the future and will recommend it to our friends and associates.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel regularly over the past 7 or 8 years. It's clean, pleasant and a good value. This year, we were here for four days. Staff remembers us and stops by to say hi even though we're only here twice a year. That was pretty awesome and worthy of a good review
But then we got stranded by a blizzard. All flights cancelled so rather than leaving on Friday we were going to be stuck until at least Sunday. Well we decided to make he best of it. Stopped on our way back to the hotel to pick up some food and wine. The staff was very accommodating letting us store food in their refrigerator
The storm started in the afternoon and we gathered in the common area by the fireplace wih some wine and cheese. Te staff put out cold cuts and breads, chips and snacks to try to help feed everyone. The power went out around 7 pm. No problem. We hung out til around midnight. We were provided with flashlights and extra blankets and thy did everything they could to help.
Saturday morning was cold but the worst of the storm had passed. Still no power bur the front desk staff found us rooms at a nearby hotel and they shuttled us over
I can't say enough about how accommodating this group of people were in a trying situation. They were stuck at work all night. I'm sure they had family they were concerned about but everyone there remained upbeat and helpful. Kudos to them and a great big thank you

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I got stuck in this hotel during a blizzard. We lost power and heat. The staff did an amazing job keeping us us as comfortable as they could. I used to work in hotels so I'm painfully aware of how hard it was for them. They were always professional, helpful and accommodating. Great staff! My only complaint is that they didn't call my room to wake me up and tell me there was power at a hotel down the road. I asked them at 10am so maybe they felt it was to early to call on a Saturday?

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to us going on vacation. At 6am the following morning- afetr we were just dropped off at the airport by the holtel's shuttle- I realized we had forgotten my son's "Silky"- this toy never leaves his side and he can do nothing new- especially flying on an airplane- without it. I called the hotel in a panic, they sent Chris our shuttle driver up to our room- he found it, and brought it straight over to us.

Once we returned back from our flight, I had thought I was calling the hotel to request the shuttle to pick us up and I accidently called Chris's personal cell phone (he had called me to let me know he found Silky and was on his way to bring it to me)- he offered to call the hotel himself and request the shuttle come to pick us up. He then called me back to let me know they were on the way. He went WAY above and beyond for us. Great employee and great hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family