Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newburyport
“Well done!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When a facility can accommodate hockey parents, kids, and others from various walks of life (including dogs) all in one venue successfully and still maintain quiet for others who require such a stay, than that is nothing short of a sheer miracle.

Not only were the check-in staff helpful, but the head of engineering and the head of the hotel were friendly, as well. When the General Manager of the hotel makes sure to place his office within an arms reach of the main entrance - and actually says hi to kids - than you know he (or she) gets the concept of being welcoming.

Another person who assisted in the continental breakfast area also has to be acknowledged. She went above and beyond her call of duty towards customer service. While she was charged with taking care of the food, she also offered assistance and local directions to a guest. She was better than "Map-Quest."

Room Tip: For those traveling with dogs, the Hampton Inn and Suites in Providence/Warwick is situated within a...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
This was a very special weekend for the entire staff of Hampton Inn & Suites Warwick. We enjoy spending time with hockey families and try to make everyone stay enjoyable and memorable. It feels good to know that we have succeeded. Thank you for letting us know.
Jay Visnjic, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
MA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just stayed for 3 nights with a 9-10 year old hockey team. They were prepared and provided a lot of areas for the kids to play between games. Not an easy task when there appeared to be at least 10 other teams in the hotel with us. They even went so far as to have breakfast ready well before the normal 6am because they knew many mornings we had early games. Overall they were on top of things. The staff did a great job and we had a good weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kids were wonderful, well behaved and respectful of other guests. It was a pleasure to be with you this weekend. I am glad that early breakfast worked out for teams. Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
Jay Visnjic, General Manager
NH
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed there as part of a hockey tournament and the staff could not have been nicer! It did not start off on a high note as the group reservations contact was unresponsive and challenging for the group to deal with (there may have been an employee departure or something but it was not easy.. I like place a call and make your reservation process, not someone will get back to you the next day, in 2 hours, whenever...). When I called directly and spoke with Natalia explaining my issues, she said she would handle it for me and asked me to tell any others who needed assistance that she was working that night (last night our rooms were being held) and would handle all of us. 2 or 3 other families did the same as a result of her offer. She was wonderful at check in as well and assisting over the long weekend. Awesome service. The house keeping staff was great and the bartender (Kevin?) was terrific with our group. He was so freindly and accomodating that I would recomend this hotel to anyone with kids or a pet looking for a convenient place to stay in RI. Close to all the major roads and rinks.
Possibly the best staff I have seen after 4 years of hockey tourney's. They let the boys have a space to play knee hockey out of the other guests way, accomodated our ice cream sundae social in the great room. For a game we had to leave by 6am, they had bagged breakfasts waiting for us on a cart in the lobby. Could go on and on, but it was 5 star service at a very respectable price thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I must say that this place has been awesome to me, I travel for work, and it became so enjoyable to call this place home for 13 weeks,and I hate travel jobs most of the time, it started with the staff and one person in particular stands out and her name is Asma, I checked in every week and she was the one I had to deal with every week and she always had everything ready for me and she always had a smile on her face, and after a 16 hour shift , it really helped that all was in order to just go right to the room, the rest of the staff also was always smiling and saying hello, I highly recommend this place because of its hospitality, it is very clean, and the breakfast they serve is not a bad start to any day, and for those who want to get excersise in they have a gym and a pool, I took advantage of all

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a business traveller who spends 60% of my time in hotels. I recently started staying at this property as it is conveniently located near my company's plant. Jay, the general manager has introduced himself and has made every effort to ensure my stay with this Hilton property has been a positive experience. My suite is clean, comfortable and allows me the flexibility to eat in or dine out. they have an extensive list of local restaurant menus on hand to make my decisions easier!
Danika, the breakfast hostess has been very helpful address my dietary needs. She always has a bright smile and a kind word for all the guests.
I would reccomend the Hampton Inn ans Suites Warwick if traveling in Rhode Island in the future.

Room Tip: I reccomend the suites if they are available
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everyone knows that Hampton Inns have the best breakfast. However, only the Hampton Inn in Warwick has Daniica! She goes out of her way to make you feel most welcome and comes to your table to make sure you have everything you need. If you don't see it just ask. Daniica is all the reason you need for a return visit.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice stay...what I've come to expect out of a Hampton...staff is extremely pleasant especially at the front desk and Danika in the breakfast area...I would stay again...good fish restaurant across street and cocktail lounge in lobby

• Stayed January 2013