“A Stay at Perfection”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Brittany greeted us at the front desk. She was pleasant, friendly and extremely professional. We had reserved a suite but due to some minor mistake we got a regular room. She immediately made the change for us with no problem. We were staying there for a Hockey Tournament so needless to say there were plenty of kids in the hotel. They gave the kids a conference room to p;lay in and keep them busy in between games. The hotel staff was excellent with all the kids around and never uttered a cross word. The pool was well maintained and the hours quite convenient. The same was true for the health room and the equipment there. The continental breakfast was superb and plentiful. The hotel was kept clean at all times and the parking lot was well lit. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. It is conveniently located and we had to travel to several different rinks so the easy on/off to the highway was great. My compliments to the staff and especially Brittany for making me and my family feel at home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are closer to the health room and the pool but the elevator is fast if you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Jay V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

I appreciate you taking time to post this note and personally recognize Brittany. It was a pleasure to host such well-behaved kids. Your comments are very valuable to our staff. We will be pleased to see the entire team back in Warwick again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We decided to choose this hotel based on the reviews that we read, and sure enough this place was exactly what everyone states. It is a beautiful hotel, with great employees. When we arrived, our suite was ready so we were able to check in right away. It was a one king bedroom suite with a pull-out sofa. In the room, there is a small kitchen with a microwave, stove and even a dish washer and full size fridge. It also has a small dinning room table to sit and eat your meals on. The room was very spacious, with 2 huge flat screen tv's and a king bed that was a pleasure to sleep on. The bathroom was very awkward. The lights were located outside of the bathroom and on the opposite wall. So, if you are staying with people, it was very easy for them to play a joke and turn off the lights while you are showering or using the bathroom. The sink is located outside of the bathroom, next to the bedroom. This place is about 15 minutes from downtown, not a bad car ride. There is no shuttle to take you downtown, you are better off parking in a local lot. The taxi services will cost you at least $20.00 one way. The hotel also has a ginormous pool and hot tub in the hotel. Also, they offer a continental breakfast in the morning. This consisted of pastries, cereals and other quick things like eggs, waffles juices etc. We were concerned about hearing the airplanes at night, we didn't hear anything. So, if you are visiting Providence, or are coming in from the airport, i would recommend this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: Look on the website for special AAA deals. We noticed that the suites are the same price as a regul...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your business! Your feedback is so valuable to us. I will be sharing your great comments with my team. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My hubby had a late dinner and early following morning seminar in Warwick so it was easier for him to just stay overnight, and myself and 2 kids decided to go with him. I researched several hotels and it was the pool area that made my decision. I was pleasantly surprised at how new everything looked, and the cleanliness, as others have previously written.The beds were very comfortable, the pillows were ok...I'm a pillow person and needed 3. The linens were nice, all bright white, no stains. Bathrooms were pretty simple, no granite or anything but they were clean. The free parking, free wi/fi and free hot breakfast was a complete bonus! The breakfast space was kept very clean with a young girl who seemed very nice. My kids had the make your own waffes, big hit. They also have a little bar open at night in the area where b'fast is served. It has a little flat screen TV. I could see hubby and myself stopping in for a cocktail if we didn't have the kids with us. Our room had some views of planes taking off and my kids thought that was really "cool." And considering we were so close to the airport, you could hear the planes taking off in our direction, but it was muted, and with the sound of the TV, no-one really noticed it. The TV's were great, HUGE, flat screens and my 10 yr old thought it offered a good variety of kids channels. My 5 yr old son was excited when he saw he could play Mario video games, but they cost money, so we didn't do it. That was fine, they kept busy using the pool (which we had all to ourselves both times we used it.) The pool was a great size and the hot tub was very big for a hot tub. It looks onto the parking lot, which is a little awkward knowing people can watch you (but really, the lot wasn't full of cars going in and out so it wasn't that bad), but with floor to ceiling windows, it allows for a lot of natural light. And the surround sound music was a really nice touch. We did notice some floating chunks of dark hair/lint in the pool the second day which was kind of gross. Hopefully it was on a due-to-be-cleaned schedule, but the hot tub was very clean and very relaxing! It's in a great location for people flying in for business, etc. as there's several options for restaurants in many different price categories. We had dinner at Bertucci's that night, very family friendly and good food. And lunch the next day at Iron Works, a bit upscale for kids, but great lunch prices (house glass of merlot was $3.25). Both places within 3 minutes.We will definitely stay here again if we need to be in Warwick again!!

Room Tip: If your kids like planes, we were on the 5th floor and although we were at a funny angle, could see...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate your great review of our hotel. Where do I start? It seems that you just loved everything. Just so you know we can get you as many pillows as you want. Dial zero for the front desk and we deliver. I am glad your children enjoyed our large pool. You are right…most of the time you can have it all for yourselves. Please stop by my office and say hello on your next visit. I would love to meet you in person.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Providence offers a lot of hotels for business travelers. Rather than deal with the hassle of staying downtown and have to pay for someone to valet park my car in/out daily, I chose this hotel, only a short drive from downtown.

This hotel is very modern and extremely clean. All of the staff members were extremely courteous and helpful. Brittany checked me in on my arrival and was very detail-oreinted in my requests for my room.

The hotel has a large atrium and a bar area. Yes, a real bar. One of the few Hampton Inns that has one.

Everything was modern and very clean. The hotel offers a larger than usual workout area + an indoor pool and hot tub. Very nice. The hotel is located next to the Providence airport -- the hotel is so well insulated that you would never know it.

Rooms are spotless and very comfortable. You can't help but love the plush new Hampton Inn beds!

The hotel is located across from Legal Seafoods -- a fine Boston-based seafood restaurant. This was an added bonus, as I was planning a trip to Boston to eat there.

Just like all of the other reviewers, I was very impressed by the hotel! Weary business travelers, find rest and great service here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review of Hampton Inn & Suites Warwick. I am glad you enjoyed all conveniences our hotel has to offer. I was very happy to share your comments with my staff, especially Brittany. Thank you for visiting us, and I am looking forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My stay was an excellent stay i was treated good particularly by the front desk manager a lady by the name of monica rodriguez and also by a gentlemen named Paul Gayle. Cant wait to plan another trip back to this hotel have been telling all my friends about my stay its been almost a month i'm still thinking about my trip i had to write a excellent review. Thank You

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Sofia,
I am glad that our Front Desk Manager and Paul Gayle provided an excellent service to you, and thank you for taking your time to recognize them.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Great service, ammenitties are spectacular. I had a great time, over all stay was a nice experience, very clean...could eat off the floor. Staff members polite, and curtious. Shuttle transportation provided great service and punctual. Todd solved my computer issues..saved me a trip to the sprint store for me. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Ronald, thank you for this very nice review. And yes, Todd, our van driver does much more than just driving our van. He cares for our guests. I shared your review with him and we celebrated the success. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Jay the general manager was EXTREMELY accommodating, kind and friendly. He was approachable and very visible, always asking if we needed anything. That is a VERY rare site and unheard of when you stay at a hotel.
Thank you Jay for making our stay at Hampton Inn so relaxed and enjoyable!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you! I love you too!!!