- Free Wifi (why isn't every hotel offering this now?)
- Close to area restaurants and interstate
- Included continental breakfast is nice
- Nice facilities with comfy seating
- Free coffee throughout the day
- Friendly and helpful staff
- While coffee was free, it wasn't good
To be sure, there was also a gym area and pool that I wasn't able to use as I was there on business that usually ran pretty late (after 9:00pm) at the time.
Definitely a great place for a business traveler or for folks who want to use this as a "home base" while visiting the area. Breakfast wasn't anything necessarily extraordinary, but it was good (fresh fruit, cereals, bagels, pastries, refrigerated hard boiled eggs, etc). The "Great Room," where they serve breakfast is quite large and nicely furnished (it even has book shelves with lender books), which is not what I would have expected from an HI, much less and HIExpress.
The free WIFI offered a solid connection to check e-mail, download maps, and upload blogs. The rooms were pretty nicely made with a couch, the two beds, and a writing area. I saw another room across the hall that had a microfridge and micowave - these amenities weren't available in my room, but I don't suppose business was paying for that anyways.
Warwicks HIExpress staff were always super courteous and made themselves very available.
Of course, there always has to be something negative (i.e. cons).
As I stated, the coffee wasn't great, but one ought not expect much when the coffee is provided for free consumption throughout the entirety of the day. Housekeeping didn't seem to be very attentive to their own policies (i.e. For the sake of the enviornment, if you're towels left on the rack, we'll leave it there too) as the took all of my towels everyday even though they were on the towel racks. I finally placed the sign that mentioned their enviornmental policy conspicuously over the towel - that helped.
In addition (and I will mention that this may not be the fault of the hotel), I gained a rash while there. I don't know if it was the detergents that they were using, or if it was due to allergies that I already have. If I stay again, I'll update you as to whether or not the rash comes back.
All in all, it's a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is an award-winning property located in beautiful Warwick Rhode Island, less than one mile from Providence/T.F. Green Airport and a short drive from historic Providence. The hotel offers 147 graciously appointed guestrooms and 2 meeting rooms. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast served in our Great Room that also features a 50' plasma screen television, fireplace and comfortable seating. Take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle service and on-site parking to ease the stress of traveling. Our location in central Rhode Island allows for convenient access to the state's many colleges and universities as well as pristine beaches and a host of local art & cultural activities. Experience the exceptional service and attention to detail that will exceed your expectations and that sets us apart from the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence Hotel Warwick
- Warwick Holiday Inn