“Comfy and Convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Pros:
- Free Wifi (why isn't every hotel offering this now?)
- Close to area restaurants and interstate
- Included continental breakfast is nice
- Nice facilities with comfy seating
- Free coffee throughout the day
- Friendly and helpful staff

Cons:
- While coffee was free, it wasn't good

To be sure, there was also a gym area and pool that I wasn't able to use as I was there on business that usually ran pretty late (after 9:00pm) at the time.

Definitely a great place for a business traveler or for folks who want to use this as a "home base" while visiting the area. Breakfast wasn't anything necessarily extraordinary, but it was good (fresh fruit, cereals, bagels, pastries, refrigerated hard boiled eggs, etc). The "Great Room," where they serve breakfast is quite large and nicely furnished (it even has book shelves with lender books), which is not what I would have expected from an HI, much less and HIExpress.

The free WIFI offered a solid connection to check e-mail, download maps, and upload blogs. The rooms were pretty nicely made with a couch, the two beds, and a writing area. I saw another room across the hall that had a microfridge and micowave - these amenities weren't available in my room, but I don't suppose business was paying for that anyways.

Warwicks HIExpress staff were always super courteous and made themselves very available.

Of course, there always has to be something negative (i.e. cons).

As I stated, the coffee wasn't great, but one ought not expect much when the coffee is provided for free consumption throughout the entirety of the day. Housekeeping didn't seem to be very attentive to their own policies (i.e. For the sake of the enviornment, if you're towels left on the rack, we'll leave it there too) as the took all of my towels everyday even though they were on the towel racks. I finally placed the sign that mentioned their enviornmental policy conspicuously over the towel - that helped.

In addition (and I will mention that this may not be the fault of the hotel), I gained a rash while there. I don't know if it was the detergents that they were using, or if it was due to allergies that I already have. If I stay again, I'll update you as to whether or not the rash comes back.

All in all, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence

Reviewed June 15, 2007

This review is written bya business traveler who typically frequents Marriott and Hilton-chain hotels. This review is based on a 6-night stay in June 2007.

The hotel exceeds the quality one typically finds in a Holiday Inn Express.

Pros:
- Relatively new hotel.
- Contempory washrooms with nice amenities and curved shower bars.
- Contemporary room design.
- Wireless internet access (no wired access available).
- A lot of money is budgeted for upkeep of the grounds with landscaping that certainly exceeds typical hotels in this price range.

Cons:
- Strange design of the large front area just off the lobby, where the free continental breakfast is served each morning - it features an older / country look, which does not match the modern contemporary look of the hotel rooms.
- Car definitiely need a car here; far distance from any sort of shopping or restaurants.
- No on-site restaurant.
- Downtown Providence is approximately 20-30 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2007

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was for us. We traveled up I-95 knowing we were staying near the airport. (I don't think one plane took off the whole time I was hear, I never heard one from my room) Arrived to find a 3 story structure beautifully landscaped.
Front desk people greeted us with a smile and being Priority Club members, we gave our name and everything was ready for us.

Once up the elevator, OK, the downside to the hotel is the elevators are pretty slow, so recommend staying off the third floor, down a hallway lined with some tasteful artwork.

Entering the room, a small hallway, which was the entrance to a huge bathroom and a closet.

The King Room we reserved had a couch and chair next to the King Sized bed, a bed which was extremely comfortable.

We did not have a suite room, which appeared to offer a small kitchen.

Along the far wall was a thermostat which we could digitally set. The room got cold quickly, but the fan in the unit was quiet and did not blow an excessive amount of air to give a wind chill effect.

Standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast offered every morning in a spacious dining room.

Given the proximity of the hotel to the city of Providence, this place is a pretty good deal at about $125 a night. In the city expect to pay more for that and a smaller room and moist likely a charge for parking.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Providence or even if they needed a stop to see the Pawtucket Red Sox before continuing to Boston.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a night due to business in that Area and I had to say that it had a great Check Inn Counter and that also the Location for the Warwick Business Area was good.
Ok you need to have a car but that is usuall in most places in the US...

The Room was clean and I liked it then it had everything I needed had a clean washroom too :)
For me Important is that the Bed and Washroom clean is, otherwise it will hit down on my experience rate...!

As well, don't look for too fancy then you'll be better of with a Rolex and a stay in a Ritz Carlton... :)

So for me and my friend who travelled with me, it was perfect...

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2007

Anyone travelling with a family should be forewarned about this hotel. Do not trust the reservation system or the managers of this place. We reserved a suite that was supposed to contain two beds, a microwave and refrigerator. They gave us a confirmation number. I also asked them to fax us a copy of our reservation, which they did. It described everything we wanted. But when I called a few days before our arrival, they got everything wrong. They had us in a room with one bed, no regrif and no microwave. I asked for the manager. He changed the reservation, assured me I have the suite, and sent me a second confirmation copy. Again, this confirmation sheet had it all right. Just to be sure, I called the Holiday Inn central reservation the next day. Everything they had was correct --- and i asked them to e-mail me a copy of the reservation. They did and it confirmed our reservation for the room we asked for. So -- now I had three separate confirmation records about Holiday Inn Express at Warwick, all telling us we have a two bedroom suite waiting for us. While on the road to the hotel, I called one last time. It as a long trip and the kids were getting restless. Spoke to the hotel manager, Stephanie. She said the room I reserved and got three written confirmations for was no longer available. All they have left is a one-bedroom standard room with no microwave or refrig. But what about all these written confirmations, I asked. Her answer? Confirmations are nothing but requests. You do not always get what you reserved, she said. All these conformations get you is "a" room. After a few more moments, the truth finally came out. This holiday Inn Express typically overbooks!! Bottom line: Holiday Inn Express confirmations (even those emailed or faxed to you) --- are absolutely worthless. We decided to cancel our reservation on the spot and went to a nearby hotel which was very accomodating. Oh yes, I still have all the original written confirmations as a reminder of how disreputable some hotels can be. Be forewarned about this particular Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: February 2007
6  Thank Biztraveler-7
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Only stayed one night, but they allow animals. This is a huge plus for me. The room was lovely, the beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was nice. We would recommend this hotel. There are some nice restraunts nearby. The airport is only about 1 mile away.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2006

We needed to stay at a hotel near the airport after our return flight so we didn't inconvience anyone to come pick us up and I am so glad we picked the Holiday Inn Express!!! We have stayed at most of the other properties around TF Green airport and slowly but surely the prices have been creeping up. When I read the website I couldn't figure out exactly where the hotel was in location to the airport so I took a ride out there one day and it is very close so traffic is not an issue in getting there the morning of a flight.

The rooms are HUGE!!! At first I thought we had a Jr Suite but I looked on the hotel map and it was a regular hotel room. The bathrooms are large with upscale type toiletries. The shower has the Westin type shower curtin that gives you extra room.

The only complaint was the tv was fuzzy. We did stay here before we left on our trip and it's this way on all the tv's so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

The continental breakfast is excellent! Make sure you try the cinnamon rolls. They also had fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, danish, cereal, coffee, juice and milk.

The hotel has an airport shuttle. If you are arriving at the airport and need the shuttle, go to the courtesy phone and call and they are there almost instantly. You can see some of the other hotels from the airport and the HIE shuttle is there before some of their shuttles have gotten there.

We got a AAA rate of $116.00 a night by calling the Priority Club 800 number. After staying here, I will never stay at any of the other airport hotels again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple