“Great Experience!”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked this hotel through a discount web site and honestly felt disappointed when it was "revealed" to be Holiday Inn; however, I landed at a wonderful hotel that proved my impression of the Holiday Inn brand to be wrong.

This hotel is convenient to Providence but just far enough outside that it is more affordable and doesn't require fighting the difficult to navigate roads and traffic of the city. It was very easy to find from the highway.

I checked in very late in the evening and was greeted by two young ladies, one of whom was Natalie. They were very friendly and when they realized I was genuinely interested in their recommendations and opinions of things to do in the area, were extremely open and helpful in their suggestions - and believe me, they had some good ones!

Natalie provided several printed sheets of directions to local points of interests, restaurants, shopping, parks. I've never been given such detailed information by a hotel before, it seemed they thought of everything. I was very pleased by the staff and customer service here.

The hotel lobby was clean, open, and seemed new. My room was very comfortable and clean, and the bed was great. I was surprised in the morning to find that breakfast was more substantial than the pastry and coffee continental breakfast I am accustomed to.

Should I be back in Providence again, I will plan to stay at this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are very happy to hear about your great experience at the hotel. It is always great to hear that our hotel changed your impression of the Holiday Inn Brand. We are happy that you were able to experience the hotel's many amenities. I am happy that the staff provided excellent service. Natalie is an asset to our team and I will make sure to share your feedback with her. All of us at here at the hotel hope to see you back again very soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend (Oct 2013). Super clean, very nice and helpful staff. Will stay again the next time I'm in Warwick/Providence. The room we had did not have a refrigerator, but I now know most holiday inn express hotels will give you one for an additional $5 per night. Good to know if you need one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are happy to hear that both you and your son had such a positive experience during your weekend stay. We appreciate the great review. Our hotel does offer suites which have refrigerators in the rooms. We also rent them out for our other room types. We look forward to your next visit.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming staff and very helpful... The new girl had trouble with her printer but offered me a free bottle of water and goodies while I was waiting...

Very nice spacious room with comfy bed... Really loved their firm & soft pillows options ;-)

Fitness center is very small with 2 treadmills, a stationary bike and an elliptic machine with broken arm (should be fix for guest safety) - also they should out some spring water machine instead of chlorine water... Just a thought... Nice little pool but I never swim in hotel pools!

Wifi Internet was pretty slow... Very long to open a website like yahoo for basic emails... Maybe they should do a full reset to remove all useless ip addresses in their system... Or upgrade to better wifi provider...

Great breakfast selection items... Their great traditional cinnamon buns, pancakes, eggs, gravy, bacon, cereals, juice, coffee, fruits, etc... Personally I only take some English muffin with eggs but it's great to offer so many options for their guests...

Nice LG flat screen TV and I was lucky enough to get a fridge for my medication; thanks a lot dear lovely staff :-)

• Stayed September 2013
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Benoitleblanc,

We appreciate your time in writing a review of the property. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy to hear that your check-in experience was so positive. I appreciate some of the feedback and suggestions you provided us as well. Your feedback is used to help us to continually improve. Our elliptical machine is in the process of being fixed and will be back up and running very soon. We hope to see you back soon and that you are able to check out our exciting new renovations throughout the hotel.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I read the reviews before hand and this place is fine. What you'd expect really.

I'm a Platinum member so I got an upgrade to a huge room. More like a suite. Fridge isn't noisy and it has the microwave and stuff but I won't use it.

Room is clean enough and the aircon unit is okay. Not too noisy.

Location is fair but nothing within walking distance.

Breakfast is typical for a US Hol Inn. There was a reasonable mix of things to eat and no reason to complain.

Staff were friendly at check in. So overall. VG.

Room Tip: Some noise from the car park from late night party goers but not too bad
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. All of us here at the hotel appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Member. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your deluxe upgrade. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff. Our property works hard to meet and exceed all guest expectations and I am happy to hear that you had a great stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Troy, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Bed wasn't the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but it wasn't bad. Pillows leave a bit to be desired (a little lumpy). Very large/nice bathroom but the shower was very strange. There were 3 settings. The first was like water straight out of the garden hose (lots of water but zero pressure) the 2nd option was a little more dispersed than the 1st but with no more pressure to offer. The 3rd option on the shower head was tiny little openings that offered so much pressure, they were slightly painful! I've never experienced a hotel shower like that before! Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about. Overall, an ok stay. I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again if I were in the area... but I would hope they change their shower heads by then.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Jessica,

Thanks for your recent review. I am glad to hear your great experience with our front desk staff. Our staff works very hard to exceed guest expectations. I appreciate the feedback on our shower head. We will look further into the issue. Please keep a look out for our exciting renovations coming this year. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Arrival: The hotel wasn't hard to find but is located a few blocks from the airport in a more industrial type area. The check-in process was quick and we were given a king suite room.

The Room: The room was okay, on the positive side it was large, had two flat screen TV's, a refrigerator and a nice bathroom. The room smelled clean and appeared to have been cleaned well. The room had a king sized bed that was comfortable but you could tell it was old...when you got to the side of the bed you could roll right off so you could tell the bed had been used for a long time. The pillows on the bed were too small and it was hard to find a comfortable one to use. The pictures on the walls were not only generic looking but were really just unpleasant to look at. The TVs did work well and there was a good amount of channels to watch. Overall not a bad room.

Housekeeping; I usually don't right a whole section about housekeeping but I thought it was needed this time. So as many hotels now have if you hang up your towels that tells housekeeping you will reuse them and if you place the towels on the floor that tells them to replace them...great idea when it works. So everyday we would have one or two towels we would place on the floor to get clean towels...but we wouldn't get the towels back. So by the third day all we had was two bath towels...no hand towels or wash clothes. We had to call to get more towels. The first day this happened we thought it was an oversight but by the third day we realized they were purposely not replacing towels...not only odd but not very guest friendly.

Other things: We ordered pizza delivery one night to our hotel room which was good. The bad was as some hotels do they wouldn't allow the delivery driver to come up to the room and made us go down to the lobby to get it. Again this isn't guest friendly and shows a real lack of customer service. When people order food delivery to their hotel room they want it delivered to their hotel room. Please don't tell me there is a security reason not to allow a delivery driver to go to the room, a simple call to verify you ordered food is enough.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again if I had to but I wouldn't plan to. The hotel is lacking in some areas and there are better hotels in the area.

Also if a "manager" wants to respond to this review with a generic response please don't bother. If you really care about the guest you should fix the problems and not give a generic response that you will fix things that you know you will not do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello John,

We first would like to thank you for the extensive review of your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to inform you that every response that is written from a manager to a guest is a personal response. No response on here is a generic duplicate as you have experienced at other properties. The comments we receive on any review our shared among management as well as all of our staff. Our hotel is undergoing a full renovation which will start before end of the year. Everything in the room in which you have listed will be replaced and brand new in our guest rooms.

I am sorry you experienced an issue with the delivery process. Our hotel has a policy in which we call the room to inform you the delivery is here and give the guest an option to send the driver up or meet them in the lobby. I am sorry if this option was not given to you.

Once again the feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you back soon to experience our updated hotel and guest rooms.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This Holiday Inn is perfect for the budget-minded traveler. Its offers a clean room at a decent price for the region. Beyond price, there is little else this place has to offer. On check-in, we were told our room wasn't ready and they had to move us to a different room. The room we had was a king suite and it was clean and a a decent size, but the decor was very drab and the interior lighting resembled a morgue. This hotel could make a huge improvement by simply adding more and warmer light fixtures in the rooms! Our mattress as OK - not too firm, not too soft. The pillow was nice but tiny. The water pressure was terrible and it took about 15 minutes for the water to get hot. The AC unit was a bit nosy for our taste. We were borderline on whether we liked the place until the children in the adjoining room kept playing with the adjoining door. Open-slam-open-slam-open-slam... We called the adjoining room and the person in that room said it was just her kids and to mind our own business. Thank goodness they stopped doing it before too late. The breakfast buffet was very nice and it made up for an otherwise lackluster hotel stay. There were lots of great choices, but the buffet attendant was watching the time and the minute 9:30 hit, he was hustling to pack thing away. BTW, the pool is TINY!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Frank,

We appreciate all of your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed our great complimentary breakfast buffet in our Great Room. I am sorry you experienced some issues in your room. I have located your reservation in our system and have pinpointed the room number that you stayed in. I will ensure our engineering team takes a look at the issues you have pointed out. I am pleased to inform you that our entire hotel will undergo a full renovation starting in just a couple of months. We look forward to your return visit!