“Good Location, Clean Affordable Room”

Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location was convenient, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.The complimentary breakfast was good as well with plently of selection. My only complaints are that there were no pillows available in the hotel for the pullout sofa so be sure to ask for pillows at check-in if you need to use the pullout sofa. Also, the toilet could only handle a small amount of toilet paper so multiple flushes were needed. The pull-out sofa and chair were a little distressed, but the pullout mattress was comfortable and served its purpose. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear RH Travels,
Thank you for taking the time to review us about your recent stay. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great breakfast bar. We are happy to hear that the pull out sofa bed worked well for you and that it was comfortable. I am sorry that you were not able to get pillows for it. This should not have happened and I will make sure that it is immediately corrected. We look forward to seeing you back soon and experience our newly renovated rooms after our upcoming renovations.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had booked a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. When it was time to sleep we realised the sofa bed was broken and the mattress was out of shape, we were a family of five and needed the sofa bed to work. We called the reception and they were not helpful at all, forget helpful they were not even sorry that we were going to have a tough night. Next morning we spoke to the ladies at the reception and they were rude to us. The breakfast was ok, stay here if you have to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank svasti g
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Svasti g,

I would like to apologize for your recent stay. I am very sorry that the sofa bed was not working in your room. We work very hard to exceed guest expectations and I am sorry that you were not able to move to another room on this stay. Please be aware that I would like to look into the problem and have it immediately corrected. I have personally contacted you and hope to hear back from you to find out some additional information from your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall this hotel is better than most other Holiday Inn Express hotels, but it is beginning to show it's age.
The rooms and the common areas had a higher level of fittings, with greater quality than you commonly find in Holiday Inn Express.

Age is starting to show itself. Some carpeting, fixtures, and other items are getting "long in tooth." If they renew it over the next few years everything will be fine. But if they don't, then the quality will suffer.

Business area was separate and private, with two computers for internet use.
Gym was a little weak; four running type machines, and that's it. No weights or universal machines.
Pool looked ok, but was on the small side.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Sign126,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments about us sticking out as one of the top Holiday Inn Express properties. I am happy to inform you that our location will be going through a full renovation this year. We are excited to have you back and experience our updated public spaces, guest rooms and new amenities. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this hotel because it is so close to the airport (and the price definitely reflected that convenience). I had a 'suite' which included a very small area with an old, tired, faded, stained, mismatched velvet couch and chair. My room included two small flat-screen tvs, each in an armoire that had had the doors unprofessionally removed. It was just plain tacky.

I think what set me off to begin with was no accommodation of my request for a top floor room. I have had platinum status for many, many years and had booked the room several weeks in advance with a top-floor request. When I checked in late afternoon, I was told there were no rooms available on that floor. So I got to enjoy the later hours of the evening with what seemed to be a very large person exercising in the room above me.

I had intended to stay there tomorrow night before flying home but have changed my reservation back to the HIE in Smithfield - - not that far in miles but worlds apart in comfort.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrssimptom
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Mrs. Simptom,

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to here that your experience was not what you expected it to be. Unfortunately due to the reservation being booked through our central reservations system, the request for top floor did not come through to us. Please be assured our staff works extremely hard to meet all requests and if it has been received we would have had the room pre-blocked to a top floor. I am happy to inform you that our hotel is going through a full renovation this year. Our exciting design is contemporary and features some exciting new amenities. We do hope to welcome your back on your next visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Don't judge a book by it's cover. My first visit to Rhode Island and we stayed at this property near the PVD airport. Walked in and what an awesome surprise... the staff here are all smiling and friendly. Not just your average friendly, but they really take pride and love their jobs. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff and even the breakfast room staff.. and the shuttle driver as well. I have never been to a hotel with a nicer staff. I enjoyed the spacious rooms and loved the remodel of the closets... best closet space and use of closet space ever. GREAT job.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Wayne,

We appreciate the great review! Our staff works exceptionally hard for each guest to feel the way you did after your visit. I am happy that all of the staff in each department exceeded your expectations. We are also happy to hear that our large and spacious closets were so well liked. We look forward to having you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is anything you expects from an holiday inn express - fine room( very big, btw), clean and comfortable. Very close to the airport, and it features free parking.
It really shined in the service- there was some issue with a package sent to me ( sender forgot to write my name on it) - but they've searched hard till they managed to find it.

• Stayed: April 2013

Avi28,
We appreciate you taking your time to write us a review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear our location and amenities worked so well for you. Thank you for reporting back about the great service to locate you for your package. We were very happy that you were finally able to get it. We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express while visiting Providence College. An initial concern was the hotel's close proximity to the Warwick Airport; however, we never heard any airplane noise our entire time there. In addition, although the hotel appeared to be fairly full, we were never disturbed by neighbors or heard noises during the night. Check in and out were a breeze, all staff were very friendly and accomodating, including identifying nearby restaurants. Parking is free. Rooms were clean and beds were fairly comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked, delicious, and provided by a very friendly hostess. Would gladly stay here again if back in the Providence area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Mellenhead,
We appreciate the great review! We enjoy serving our guests visiting Providence College. I am glad you found our location to be such a great value for you. We worked hard to make sure the noise level was kept at a minimum during the very busy few days and I am glad you were able to have a restful stay. Our staff enjoyed serving you and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!