“Quiet Hotel by the Airport”

Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
St. Paul, MN
“Quiet Hotel by the Airport”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express while visiting Providence College. An initial concern was the hotel's close proximity to the Warwick Airport; however, we never heard any airplane noise our entire time there. In addition, although the hotel appeared to be fairly full, we were never disturbed by neighbors or heard noises during the night. Check in and out were a breeze, all staff were very friendly and accomodating, including identifying nearby restaurants. Parking is free. Rooms were clean and beds were fairly comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked, delicious, and provided by a very friendly hostess. Would gladly stay here again if back in the Providence area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Mellenhead,
We appreciate the great review! We enjoy serving our guests visiting Providence College. I am glad you found our location to be such a great value for you. We worked hard to make sure the noise level was kept at a minimum during the very busy few days and I am glad you were able to have a restful stay. Our staff enjoyed serving you and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Northeast
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were looking for a getaway where we could just "chill out". Warwick HIEX is just the place. Front desk is very helpful with good recommendations for eating out. The pool is kept clean and always enough towels etc. The people that make up the rooms do a excellent job. The hotel is quiet even though they had many young people staying for a basketball tournament. HIEX Warwick is pet friendly, but only on the first floor. A busy weekend for the staff, but they managed it well. We are looking forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor, unless you have a pet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arturo,
We appreciate you taking the time to review all of our amenities. I am very pleased that our housekeeping department exceeded your expectations. We worked very hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable during the busy weekend. I am glad the front desk was able to make a restaurant recommendation, we are all always here to help! See you on our next visit.

Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The employees at this holiday inn property are wonderful. Caring, cheerful and wiling to assist in any way possible. I understand that there will be some upgrades this summer and am glad to hear that because they are needed. Having said that, my room on the 4th floor was clean, spacious and quiet (except for the heating unit that I ended up turning off). The only other comment I have is that the wifi connection is slow. Maybe this will also be upgraded in the summer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laura,
I am very happy to hear that all of the staff took such great care of you. We are always here to help our guests. I am glad that you have been informed of our exciting renovations coming later this year. I am sorry you experienced trouble with our wifi. I have looked into the issue and everything is currently up to speed and working. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you back very soon.

Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed March 8, 2013

HIE Warwick

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel many times using points earned at other HIE. Air port parking is quite reasonable if you stay here just one night. The Hotel is fairly new, rooms are clean and comfortable I certainly have no complaints. The front desk staff is always polite and curious. I have left my car there for as long as 4 weeks with no problems.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear igolfman,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear that everything met your expectations at the property. We are happy that you took advantage of our Park and Fly Option. Our hotel continues to offer our long term parking package to guests at a significant discount vs. the parking facilities at the airport. We hope that you will take advantage of our service again in the near future.

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

After having to evacuate our home due to a fire, we decided to stay at the HIEx on Jefferson Blvd, around the corner. It was actually a no-brainer, as we stay at HIEx where ever we are traveling to and have only been very disappointed once...on the way back from Florida...digress.

Our experience for the week was a joy. Knowing our circumstance, the staff ,from the first night was extremely supportive and helpful. The place is very, very clean throughout. Breakfast is fabulous and always hot!

Close to the airport, top-notch restaurants, and on a Rt.95 exit and on ramp, when visiting or passing thru Rhode Island, the Holiday Inn Express on Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI is a MUST Stay.

Thanks, Holiday Inn and staff for making a Bad Time, a GREAT Stay!

Chip, RI

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Chip,

We are so glad that under your unfortunate circumstances we were able to make things a little easier for you. Our staff really enjoyed serving you over the course of that week. We hope that if you or any of your family is ever needing accommodations in our area again that we will be able to welcome you back.

San Jose, California
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is very close to the Providence airport, about 0.5 miltes from the rental car center connected to the terminal building. The property is a little older and has character, all amenities worked well - even the printer for the boardinig pass - and the bed was comfortable Good working desk, solid wifi internet. Slept quite well, no noise from the airport. Breakfast was across from reception in a large, high ceiling meeting room. Perfect hotel for early am flights the next morning.

Room Tip: AAA rate was a good deal
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your recent review. We are happy to hear our convenient location to the rental car garage and airport worked out so well for you. I am also pleased to hear you took advantage of our great complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you back on your next visit to the area!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed one night over the Holidays in 2012, woke up at 2:00 AM, no heat in room. Too late to call front desk to move to another room, tried to get heat to work, no luck. It seems like heat must be centrally controlled, even though there is an adjustable thermostat in the room. Advised front desk personnel about no heat at checkout next morning, I was told they could not do anything, would have a manager contact me. I filed a complaint online with Holiday Inn, was told I should receive a response from management, No response.
I have stayed at this hotel since it was built around 2002 over the Holidays, and I have been pleased with my stays, even though the hotel seems to be aging.
I will not be staying here next Holiday season, unfortunately. There are many other choices in the Warwick, RI area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank R
CDePietro, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Frank,
I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay. Please know that our desk is staffed 24 hours a day. It is never too late to contact us and we would have gladly moved your room if the heat had stopped working. I am very sorry that you have not received a response prior to your review. I have reviewed my cases from Guest Relations and never did receive your comments. I want to ensure we retain your loyal business. Based on just your user name I do not seem to have the correct contact information. Please reach out to me directly via phone or email so I can take care of this situation for you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Front Office Manager- Holiday Inn Express, Warwick