“Everything was great”
Review of Iron Works Tavern

Iron Works Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Works Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 310 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kilvert Street
Transit: Within walking distance of the new intermodal connecting T.F. Green airport to the Amtrack train station located a mere 200 feet from the Iron Works Tavern.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had lunch around noon on Saturday and everything was great. I had a reuben, my son had a burger and my wife had shrimp cocktail and french onion soup - all were very good. The service was great.

Lori P, Manager at Iron Works Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to post your lunch experience at the Tavern. We are glad that you enjoyed your meals--our signature Burger and French Onion Soup are favorites. We look forward to welcoming you back for dinner soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate in the upstairs room as part of a group meeting. We had a limited selection which was good except that there was no vegetarian choice. (If I thought about it I would have asked in advance.). The service was good, the portions were generous. Only complaints were thdt it was very noisy I think due to the high ceilings and dinner lasted almost 3 hours

Lori P, Manager at Iron Works Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you SunshineFL221 for taking the time to share your recent Upstairs at the Tavern experience. Our second level is devoted to larger group functions and the menu/details are customized according to the hosts needs. For upstairs functions, we always have a Vegetarian choice for the host to offer, so I am not sure why that information was not relayed to you. (Just an FYI—we do have a Daily Seasonal Vegetarian Entrée of the Day in the Tavern level) Next time you dine with us please let one of our IWT staff members know—we will be glad to oblige!

Apologies for the noise level. Our building was built in 1918 and we were able to keep many things in it’s the original state. The hardwood floor s upstairs is original and the downstairs ceilings are original tongue-in-groove., so there are some separations between the boards. Between the high ceilings, the original skylight and the floors, they all may have contributed to the additional noise that evening

We hope to see you again—both upstairs and in the Tavern level! Please let us know what we can do next time you dine with us

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the best restaurant that I have seen that is part of Hilton Garden Inn that I have seen anywhere I the country. Great food, good happy hour prices, right next to the airport rental car return facility. Much better food than I have Eaton at the Providence, TO airport. They have a good selection of single malt Scotch, and local craft brew beers. The bar tender (Gus) was great to talk with while I burned some time waiting for my flight.

Lori P, Manager at Iron Works Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you James for you detailed review of your visits to the Iron Works last weekend. It was nice to hear that Lisa was able to make you feel welcome. She is a valuable IWT team member for sure! I will share your kind words with her. The entire staff looks forward to welcoming you back from NY in the near future

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had dinner at the Iron Works Tavern while on an overnight layover in Providence this week. It was within walking distance of my airport hotel, and came highly recommended, so I decided to try it out. I showed up without a reservation at about 6pm, and was quickly seated. The restaurant was about half full and by the time I left was nearly full. The atmosphere is "upscale tavern" and the restaurant is spacious and very nicely decorated. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. The menu is broad, and augmented by a lengthy list of specials, so making a decision was difficult. My waitress was helpful and honest (I despise the "everything is good" answer) and I eventually went with the clam chowder to start and the house-made burger for my main. The chowder was good, although I have had better in New England. The burger was excellent, as were the homemade fries. The portions were large, and I wasn't able to finish the burger. My seat faced the kitchen, so I was able to watch as other people's food was taken out. Everything looked great and I wished that I had been able to try more things on the menu. Prices were a little high but fair for the quality of the food (starters $6-$12, mains $15-$26). When near Providence Airport, I would definitely eat at Iron Works again!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff, the food, the atmosphere and that fact that it ajoins the Hilton Garden Inn makes this a must see when your in the area or in my case, a must stay when I have business in Rhode Island. Special kudos to Kenny at the bar as well as Bill who manages this well oiled establishment.

Douglas N--Thank you for quoting the Iron Works as a “must see” when in the area. . It is nice to hear that we are able to provide a pleasant experience for travelers, and hotel guests.

Also noted were your kind words that the Tavern runs like ‘a well oiled machine”. That is a great compliment to share with the staff as the entire team works hard to accomplish this

Kenny, Bill and the rest of IWT staff look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rhode Island, and would love the opportunity to say hello in person—again!