“Great Hotel, would stay in again in a split second”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Liquidsilver96
“Great Hotel, would stay in again in a split second”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Great hotel, beautiful rooms you would not expect for the price you paid. I got it off of priceline for a mere $35 a night, but would expect this to go for at least $150 at the desk. Rooms are a little on the smaller side, but very well utilized. Fabulous bed, and great view of the river from my window. Super fast, free wifi. The food is expensive downstairs, but there are plenty of resturants nearby. It is a bit noisy, but that comes with exposed concrete floors.

I had been staying at the Sheraton in town when on business, and the NYLO is twice the hotel for half the price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Nylo on New Year's Eve... We found a crackpipe in our room and the management didn't even care! Also the heat was broken in our suite and they offered to move us to a smaller room but wouldn't refund the price difference. The next day after we checked out I checked my bank account and saw that not only had I been charged for the room, but for an additional room. I called the management who hung up on me and after 3 additional attempts to get my money returned to my checking account I still do not have the money. Watch out!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bethb821
NYLOGM, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Beth,
Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns regarding your stay. We take the security and safety of our guests very seriously. I am not sure how our staff missed the broken lightbulb that was found in your room. I apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. As discussed on the phone, your debit card was authorized based on your multiple rooms. The authorization was reversed and applied back to your account. Unfortunately, many card holders banks can take 5-15 days in releasing the funds. I have also offered to pay any additional fees that may have occurred. I thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I hope we can resolve this issue yo your satisfaction.
Rhode Island
Reviewed December 8, 2009

This is a new boutique hotel. The customer service is great. I asked for a second blanket & it was delivered in literally less than 5 mins. We are local & just spending a getaway night for fun. The restaurant is expensive, but worth every dime.

We took advantage of the King w/River View. The room was neat, clean and well organized to make the most of the modest space. But, by far, the highlight was the King bed. It is possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

The nightclub/lounge was a DJ who took over the restaurant. That needs some work.

Because it is new, this hotel is offering great packages to drum-up business so, take advantage now before the rates increase. Skip the lounge if you're looking for nightlife, there are some clubs nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 23, 2009

This unique hotel built in an old Fruit of the Loom factory is a intriguing place that blows away anything else in the price range. If you are looking for a fun and trendy hotel experience, this is it. My only complaint is that we stayed on a Saturday night and the bar at the hotel turns into a real party on the weekends, which can be noisy if you have to get up early. If you need a little more peace and quiet ask for a room a that faces away from the bar.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
wilmington, nc
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Traveled to RI recently to visit family and friends - what a great find. Location didn't seem right at first, but once through the front doors, we knew we were in the right place. Cool urban/retro feel to lobby and guest room. Amazing comfortable bed and great tv. Restaurant /Lounge was very busy when we were there, but we weren't bothered by noise - ask for a room on the far side of the hotel. Breakfast was very good - we tried a drink for courage at the bar before going to mom's for dinner, great drink, even better bartender. Will stay again on our next trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 2, 2009

After pulling into what we thought was an industrial area and being alarmed at what we were getting into, we were exceptionally surprised and pleased to find a unique, charming New York style loft. The hotel's setting was brick exterior on a quiet, beautiful river. It had a large wood-decked patio off the dining area with modern, but comfortable, seating that lent itself to intimate conversations over a glass of wine while watching the river flow. The staff was exceptionally attentive and well trained in the dying art of customer service. We were always greeted with a smile and a "can do" attitude. The restaurant was definitely in the boutique category and the food was delicious. Our room looked out over the river and was spacious, comfortable with modern fixtures and decor. We are hoping this company expands and eventually opens hotels in many more locations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
San Fran
Reviewed October 20, 2009

To anyone who has complained about this hotel, I would say, hey it's Warwick, and this place is about 10x more fun than anything within 20 miles, and reasonably priced. I give
props to NYLO for trying to bring industrial cool boutiquey feel to the Courtyard price point.

The surrounding area is nothing special, but their location, right on the river, by a
waterfall and with the Autumn leaves changing, c'mon, this is excellent! Maybe they
need to turn down some of the noise on weekends (I was there during the week), but
the place is well thought out, has a homey feel in the lobby (hand carved Jack O'lanterns, for example). Bed was great and I like the exposed concrete industrial
look for some variety.

My only quibble is the "glass wall" room. I misinterpreted that as being some kind
of room with a view, but it was just a glass walled shower. Would have preferred a river view. I admire that they fix up these decaying old mills/factories and give them new life.

I like their concept of affordable, quirky industrial eco-cool, and think they will do well. I would definitely go back, and mentioned the place to my clients.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!