“Cool digs, but the best part is...”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Birmingham, Alabama
“Cool digs, but the best part is...”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Very mod/contemporary style boutique hotel, located off the "main drag" (as such a "main drag" exists in Rhode Island), and is decked out like a cool/indie hotel you'd find in LA or NY. The best part of NYLO, however, are the people. Great service all around - awesome restaurant and bar. Breakout star: Gia, who has got to be among the top 5 bartenders I've EVER had the pleasure to meet. Well stocked bar, but what makes it special is what she does with what they have. Gia's created several drinks that you may have to ask for (cuz they're not on the "official menu") but definitely do so. She should publish these recipes and collect royalties... Gia is perhaps the best argument for why bartending is an art, not just a skill. Do yourself a favor, when you're in the area, visit NYLO - to stay or just to chill at the bar in Gia's capable hands - you will be very happy that you did!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Truernorth205
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
What a great review, thanks for taking the time to post it.
We certainly are a hotel out of the ordinary and if you appreciate and embrace the contemporary styling and the unique aspects of design you will certainly enjoy the hotel.
Gia is a Rock star of a Bartender, I will be sure to let her know personally how much you enjoyed your experience here.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jackson Donoyan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now while in town for work once in September 2013 and again February 10, 2014. While the hotel has that modern and contemporary look there are a few reasons I won't be staying here again.

First the positives:
Nice restaurant and super accomodating to dietary needs like vegan and food allergies, also very scenice along the water when dining outdoors.
Walking distance to the mall and Target if you need to make a quick run

Overall the rooms and hotel are fine, nothing particularly special but I do beleive there is a bit of a design flaw with the bathrooms not properly ventilating as both times I stayed the rooms smelled of mildew and the second time I tried two rooms but both smelled (while not as bad as the first time, still an issue)

My other main gripe is the customer service at the front desk. I used the complimentary shuttle to get to and from work and around town while there but the communication was poor on the arrival time and I waited 45 minutes after calling twice for a pick-up but kep being told it would be 15 minutes-otherwise I would have just taken a cab. The shuttle drivers were courteous, but I felt that the breakdown in communication came from the front desk as each time I called it took a while for them to answer the phone and they didn't call me to let me know the shuttle driver would be late. Lastly, if you rely on the shuttle to get around, priority goes to tlight crews so even though you may have reserved a time you can get bumbed yet they won't tell you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cat R
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We are discouraged to learn of your less than stellar experience at the Hotel. We pride ourselves on providing thoughtful and highly personalized service in all areas.
Our Shuttle service is complementary to all our guests when available, we insure that we are available if the time permits to take guests within our radius. Our contracted group schedule for the shuttle is set months in advance, and I’m sorry we didn’t have the availability for your request.
Thank you again for your comments.

Walpole, NH
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Somehow the NYLO Providence/Warwick manages to make concrete warm and cozy. I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. My room hasn't varied as I book a specific rate each time I stay for business, but the room is completely functional, and cleverly laid out. I've dined at the hotel a couple times and the food was very good. It's particularly nice to hang out on the river deck on a sunny afternoon and enjoy something from the eclectic menu as well as a cocktail. It's hard to believe there is a large shopping mall across the street as the hotel manages to feel more like an oasis. Love that they renovated an old factory to create this very nice boutique style hotel.

Room Tip: It's nice to have a river view, however the way the bed is positioned it's a bit tricky to a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PepperWat
Thank you for your review. We’re elated that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel. The best compliment we ever receive is that our guests’ experiences have been perfect through and through, and you consistently return and chose to stay with us.
Thank you for the detailed explanation of the hotel and the service… I couldn’t have done it better myself.
See you soon.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I went to this hotel for valentines day to celebrate and have a staycation of sorts. It was amazing! It is a hidden oasis! I can not believe such an amazing hotel is situated so close to home. We absolutely loved this hotel. The service was excellent and the hotel concept was very modern. We also loved the restaurant/ bar. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know. If you are looking for a hotel in the area I would definitely book this one you will not be sorry! My husband and I can't wait until the next time we are able to get away like this to NYLO.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margie S
Thank you so much for your stellar review. You have touched upon all of our great qualities here and especially our Staff.
We are happy you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day here and it was quite the event. We hope you will join us again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We really enjoyed our recent visit to NYLO. The hotel has a such a cool city like feel it seemed like we had been transported to a metropolitan area. Our room was very comfortablea and clean.The service was excellent; the staff was very friendly and food was delicious.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lori M
Thank you for your review. A nice tribute - I've passed your kudos along to our hard working team. We hope to provide warm, caring and friendly service for all of our guests; the kind of service that lead to exceptional stays.
We’re overjoyed that you enjoy our hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Boston, MA
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time at this hotel over 2 snowy, cold nights. Room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Bar and wait staff were great, friendly and wanted to please. Easy location to everything including movie theater across the street.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelbridge
Thank you for your short kind and concise review. We take pride in all we do here and insure while the guest is staying with us they enjoy a perfect stay and feel like they are home away from home.
We look forward to your stay here again soon.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2014

There isn't an just combination of words to describe my recent experience at NYLO Warwick, but I will say it was SIMPLY AMAZING!!! The reviews I read prior to arriving at the hotel (which should be more appropriately referred to as a small corner of getaway heaven!) foreshadowed the treat I was in for but nothing prepared me fully!! The NYLO team is personable, accommodating, professional, and slated FAR above any I've found anywhere else. From the front desk, to the restaurant you are bound to encounter the superior quality and service the NYLO offers with far more than a smile. The only thing more appealing than the team clearly focused on making your trip a truly unique and individual experience, is the beautifully adorned walls, halls and rooms at NYLO. From the canary yellow doors welcoming you immediately upon arrival to the chic room décor and every carefully executed detail in between NYLO raises the bar for hotel stays in more ways than one!! The food is as fabulous as the service and rivals dishes from any local 4 star restaurant. Jeff, the F&B manager should be commended for his menu, staff and service quality, all AMAZING! I booked reservations with NYLO Warwick as a Valentine's Day gift for my boyfriend but they gave me the gift of a wonderfully memorable experience. The weekend was a long overdue and welcomed escape to some place uniquely fabulous! :)

(Oh, and if anyone ever tells you you'll find a bed more comfortable than those at NYLO, they're LYING, Nooo such bed exists!! )

AMAZING STAY can't wait to revisit!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amariie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!