“One of my favs!”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Love this place! An affordable, industrial chic style hotel. Their restaurant's menu is a little limited, but the food & wine I had was very good. The outdoor dining area is very cool Love the design & decor of the place. I wish they would hire more staff, it seems a little lacking in that dept. The staff that was there - they were all very nice. I will keep going back to this place, as it is on the top of my list of Boston area hotels.

2  Thank Lisa H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Beautiful, modern hotel. Concrete floors, exposed brick, glass and steel frame a plush, comfortable bed. Rainshowers in the bathroom. Each room has a Keurig coffeemaker.

Restaurant is very good, and there is a beautiful deck that overlooks the river.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TracyeOh
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the NYLO. It's quite stylish, very comfortable, with a friendly staff, and reasonably priced. The area surrounding the hotel includes residential and a large mall, but it's a quick drive to Providence and Newport.

The lighting in the rooms was a little dim, and I wish the bathroom was completely enclosed, but these are conscious design features and didn't really detract from our stay.

I would happily stay at the NYLO again.

1  Thank LisaHVT
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Did an overnight getaway with my wife and another couple. At $99 on a group on deal, we consider this money well spent. Based on a New York loft setup, this chic hotel lived up to it's name. Located in an old mill on a river across the street from a mall, it is an unexpected treat among the suburban sprawl. Rooms, are huge with very comfortable beds and linens. Only downside to the place was a poor overly salted meal at the hotel restaurant, which is actually very cool overlooking the river. Eat at the Irish pub across the street. Service was excellent, staff very attentive. Will return.

Room Tip: Ask for pure room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is unique, to say the least. But in a very good way. Set along a beautiful stream next to an old Civil War garment factory (the birth of Fruit of the Lomb, from my understanding), I can't think of much to complain about ... after over at least 15 stays. Beautiful decor, beds so comfortable they should be illegal to airline crew, showers that could literaly drown you, cutting-edge food choices at the in-house restaraunt, bar selections as fine as one could imagine, and a fantastic staff with a visible/sincere GM that you might meet for casual conversation on the beautiful back patio as I did just today. For those like me that care, the hotel van from the airport is prompt. Always a wonderful stay at NYLO.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Every year myself and 3 girlfriends sneak away for a "girls weekend" this year we decided to go to NYLO. The staff was unbelievable, very helpful and friendly (always smiling). The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very clean. The restaurant/bar area is great they have modern décor with fun hanging circle seats! Our food and drinks were so delicious we decided to stay at the hotel to eat both nights! We already decided to go back next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the NYLO hotel as it was recommended to us by the bride whose wedding was in Warwick. I have stayed in hotels in the Warwick area before, usually doing a Priceline and getting a typical chain hotel near the airport. I had no idea what to expect with this hotel even though the bride had said it was funky.
We followed the directions given to us by our GPS, and while I knew it was near the Warwick Mall, I said to myself as we drove by 'there is no way a hotel could be around here' since I did not get a "funky" vibe of the area. Our GPS told us to go down one street that had small houses, and then we made a right turn and there was the NYLO. It is an old building converted to lofts, something which I have always found neat.
My husband went to park (parking lot is across the street, which is fine) while I checked in. The lobby has seats and these cool swing things. They are circles with a seat cut into them and they bounced and swing around. There is a chess table set up as well. The bar is nice, right along the river and we had a drink there before going out. The food looked good and from what the woman next to use said, it was very delicious.
We had a room on the second floor overlooking the street (there are some rooms overlooking the river). It was small but we were not staying in the room for very long. The furniture was modern and the bed was very comfortable. There is free WIFI in the room, and a tv, Keurig, safe, iron, alarm clock/ipad dock.
The one thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom light was so bright (and the bathroom is really not a room but a section of the room with a sliding metal door as the divider), so if someone was sleeping in the dark room and you needed to use the bathroom, the light illuminated the entire space.
The one down side to the hotel, and through no real fault of theirs, is the location. There is really nothing around. When I looked on yelp for somewhere to eat breakfast, most of the decent locations seemed to be "far" away (not really though since RI is so small). I would think though that if you are staying in this nice hotel you are not doing tourism in Warwick!
If I were to go back to RI I would definitely return to the NYLO, and just get ready to venture out for meals.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Hotel Providence
#1 of 13 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Providence Biltmore
Providence Biltmore
#6 of 13 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!