“Surprisingly chic!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
New Jersey
“Surprisingly chic!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the NYLO hotel as it was recommended to us by the bride whose wedding was in Warwick. I have stayed in hotels in the Warwick area before, usually doing a Priceline and getting a typical chain hotel near the airport. I had no idea what to expect with this hotel even though the bride had said it was funky.
We followed the directions given to us by our GPS, and while I knew it was near the Warwick Mall, I said to myself as we drove by 'there is no way a hotel could be around here' since I did not get a "funky" vibe of the area. Our GPS told us to go down one street that had small houses, and then we made a right turn and there was the NYLO. It is an old building converted to lofts, something which I have always found neat.
My husband went to park (parking lot is across the street, which is fine) while I checked in. The lobby has seats and these cool swing things. They are circles with a seat cut into them and they bounced and swing around. There is a chess table set up as well. The bar is nice, right along the river and we had a drink there before going out. The food looked good and from what the woman next to use said, it was very delicious.
We had a room on the second floor overlooking the street (there are some rooms overlooking the river). It was small but we were not staying in the room for very long. The furniture was modern and the bed was very comfortable. There is free WIFI in the room, and a tv, Keurig, safe, iron, alarm clock/ipad dock.
The one thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom light was so bright (and the bathroom is really not a room but a section of the room with a sliding metal door as the divider), so if someone was sleeping in the dark room and you needed to use the bathroom, the light illuminated the entire space.
The one down side to the hotel, and through no real fault of theirs, is the location. There is really nothing around. When I looked on yelp for somewhere to eat breakfast, most of the decent locations seemed to be "far" away (not really though since RI is so small). I would think though that if you are staying in this nice hotel you are not doing tourism in Warwick!
If I were to go back to RI I would definitely return to the NYLO, and just get ready to venture out for meals.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
jcmcnair@fuse.net
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Amidst the landscape of cookie cutter hotels, we came upon one of the most original hotels we've found in over 20 years of travel. The service was outstanding, from the time we made the reservation to checkout. The rooms are modern and beautiful, with extremely comfortable beds and tall ceilings. It is a great value, within a short drive to more touristy, very expensive parts of Rhode Island. I look forward to their new hotel in NYC, and am hoping it is reasonably priced as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor.
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First off, let me say that this hotel is a very well planned conversion of former industruial space to a loft-style hotel. That said, if you don't like lots of concrete and dimly lit spaces, this is not for you. My husband and I recently stayed one night, and used NYLO as our base for visits to Newport and Narragansett beach. Both are within 30 minutes travel.
We originally reserved a PURE room, allergy friendly and a great concept. What wasn't so great, was the room was at 78 degrees with the C not working during a heat wave. We reported the problem, and waited over an hour in the stifling space while the front desk looked for a room for us. We eventually moved to a nice cool non-PURE room, and were given some vouchers for our trouble, a nice touch. Rooms have cement floors and walls. The bed is very comfortable, and a flat screen tilts for viewing between the (rock-hard) bench-type loveseat and the bed. Window does not open. Bathroom and shower are modern/minimalist, but adequate. The terrace along the river is lovely, but is only accessible through the bar or restaurant. Which keads me to..breakfast. the Saturday buffet is $17. Definitely not worth what is offered. This is a glorified Continental buffet,the eggs taste watered down. There is a nice pub in the plaza across the street, along with other options. We did notice several patrons taking advantage of the hotel shuttle, which will travel a 5-mile radius from the hotel. There were several flight crews among them. Parking is self-park in the lot across a relatively quiet street. Carts are available in the lobby for luggage, no valet. Staff is overall friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are river view and street view rooms.
2 Thank Neese39
Willimantic, Connecticut
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were up visiting family this weekend. Instead of burdening them, we decided to look for a hotel. We almost went with one of the big chain hotels, but instead we thought we'd give NYLO a try. I am so glad that we did. We just got a regular room but it felt like a suite in any other hotel. With the Keurig machine, the stand-up shower and the most comfortable bed, we felt like we were living in luxury. The restaurant was unbelievable too. The food, the service and the atmosphere all get 5 stars from me.

I've seen that a few people complained about the Wi-Fi and the air conditioning the same weekend that we were there. First of all, I never had one issue with the Wi-Fi. I was on my ipad most of the time I was there and it worked perfectly. Second, it was a hot weekend. Almost unbearable outside. But inside was nice. I cooled down right away. Maybe the complainers had specific issues with their rooms or maybe they just like to complain. Either way, we had no issues.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rhode Island. Next time we plan on coming up there, NYLO will be the first place I call.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed last week for one night after booking last minute, and it was great! The hotel is a converted factory/warehouse, and it was both beautiful and functional. The staff was very friendly. Our room was cozy, yet there was plenty of space for our large luggage.The furniture was comfortable and the lighting is dim at night (there was a large window for plenty of light during the day). We didn't have any malfunctions in our room - everything worked well, including the AC and bathroom elements. The bed was so comfortable, and we didn't hear any sound from outside our room. The shower was fantastic, and I loved the barn door that slides across the bathroom to close it. Overall, I was very impressed and will definitely stay again.

Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We attended a wedding in Warwick and the venue was nearby, although our
intention was to drive home after the wedding, we decided to make a night of it
and chose to stay at Nylo.
What a magnificent hotel, when you enter the lobby it feels like you are in a
Metropolitan City.... yet in Warwick, the lobby was lit with candles, upbeat
music in the background, and pleasant employees trying to help any way possible.
Our room set up was well thought out, with a Keurig coffee maker, free bottled
water, and our bed was so comfortable.
We felt it was a great value and a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jodiicequeen
West Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our stay this weekend at the hotel was wonderful! The front desk was very accommodating to our inquires. In the lobby I couldn't help but over hear a complaint about poor Wi-Fi connection this was clearly not an issue for me I worked Saturday for 2 hours from my room utilizing the Wi-Fi. The breakfast was very enjoyable our waitress said it was a new menu. It was a home run I was glad we decided to stay at the hotel to eat. I felt that the quality of service and room for the price was above and beyond. People in todays day and age expect to get something for nothing and are just never happy and will always find things to complain about. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an out of the box experience. I will be back I a month for business and plan to stay again.

Room Tip: Water view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jillian F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,415 reviews
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Viking
#4 of 21 in Newport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,950 reviews

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!