My husband and I stayed at the NYLO hotel as it was recommended to us by the bride whose wedding was in Warwick. I have stayed in hotels in the Warwick area before, usually doing a Priceline and getting a typical chain hotel near the airport. I had no idea what to expect with this hotel even though the bride had said it was funky.
We followed the directions given to us by our GPS, and while I knew it was near the Warwick Mall, I said to myself as we drove by 'there is no way a hotel could be around here' since I did not get a "funky" vibe of the area. Our GPS told us to go down one street that had small houses, and then we made a right turn and there was the NYLO. It is an old building converted to lofts, something which I have always found neat.
My husband went to park (parking lot is across the street, which is fine) while I checked in. The lobby has seats and these cool swing things. They are circles with a seat cut into them and they bounced and swing around. There is a chess table set up as well. The bar is nice, right along the river and we had a drink there before going out. The food looked good and from what the woman next to use said, it was very delicious.
We had a room on the second floor overlooking the street (there are some rooms overlooking the river). It was small but we were not staying in the room for very long. The furniture was modern and the bed was very comfortable. There is free WIFI in the room, and a tv, Keurig, safe, iron, alarm clock/ipad dock.
The one thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom light was so bright (and the bathroom is really not a room but a section of the room with a sliding metal door as the divider), so if someone was sleeping in the dark room and you needed to use the bathroom, the light illuminated the entire space.
The one down side to the hotel, and through no real fault of theirs, is the location. There is really nothing around. When I looked on yelp for somewhere to eat breakfast, most of the decent locations seemed to be "far" away (not really though since RI is so small). I would think though that if you are staying in this nice hotel you are not doing tourism in Warwick!
If I were to go back to RI I would definitely return to the NYLO, and just get ready to venture out for meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NYLO Warwick is beautifully situated along the Pawtuxet River in the heart of New England. The hotel pays tribute to the region's stunning beaches and marinas by blending NYLO's urban, industrial design with a whimsical nautical expression, creating an aesthetic that is unique, comfortable, and inspiring. The hotel attracts business and leisure travelers alike with chic loft-style accommodations, NYLO's signature Loft Bar & Restaurant, a state-of-the-art gym, and 1,450 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your NYLO Providence/Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nylo Providence/Warwick Hotel Warwick
- Nylo Providence Hotel Warwick