“Excellent Customer Service Xiony!!!”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“Excellent Customer Service Xiony!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed there the other night and we absolutely loved it! Xiony was very friendly and helpful. She also made us feel at home with her warming hospitality. We were amazed with her service we will definetly be back.

Great job xiony! : )

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank ediaz0126

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Interesting and minimalist. Thoughtfully designed for maximum comfort and use of space. The loft room despite the sealed concrete walls was anything but prison like. The bed was uber comfortable.

Spartan, eclectic, utilitarian chic describes the general property. Bar was creatively laid out with ample seating in a variety intimate areas. Really quite nice.

Service very good and cocktails a bit pricy. Still not a bad value.

Recommend updating the vending to this century for late night munches.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Richard K
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a renovated industrial building, and it is amazing. The decor is industrial and modern. They have a library of books in the lobby you can sit in a swinging chair and enjoy. There is a mall across the street and the residential area around the hotel is not bad for an afternoon run. The staff was kind and highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Eshleman13
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our experience was made a great deal better by the service and excellent interaction of this very professional young lady. Initially on our initial visit she was polite and did her job well. In fact, we both said upon returning to the hotel after a night out "let's see if Danielle is working.".

As we are in the process of booking another reservation due in part to meeting the young lady, We will again seek her out as she should be commended.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor overlooking the river. Fairly quite. Clkean without any problems wha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank john a
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a graduation weekend for Brown and Risdi so we booked 4 months in advance. The hotel looked very nice and we used Bookings. com. We booked late Nov.,2012, received an email confirmation and the credit card was charged. We called to add a night onto the trip in early MArch 2013 and were told we had no reservation and the hotel was fully booked. Bookings.com blamed the NYLO and the NYLO blamed Bookings. It would appear that higher rates was the reason for this problem, as the hotels charged a surcharge for this weekend because of the university graduations.
Not very professional on the part of either party; Bookings or NYLO and i would not recommend this hotel based on this lack of integrity. No effort was made to alter this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 33308family3
NY,NY
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wknd getaway. We had heard about the hotel from an advertised special we saw online. I read the reviews so that I knew what to expect when I booked the room. The hotel is located next to Warwick Mall right behind a residential area and off the highway. It is a trendy boutique hotel with great decor, nice rooms, great lobby and excellent bar space. It is a great in-between stop if you plan on doing various day trips - approx 15-20 min to Providence and 30-40 min to Newport. The drive b/w the hotel and these two locations is very quick and easy.
Rooms - very trendy, funky with really comfortable beds, k-cup coffee machine, in room safe, clock radio with ipod dock , toiletries in bathroom, hair dryer and ice bucket. Basic amenities-this is not the Ritz Carlton but hey, its half the price.
Lobby - they have a computer along with lots of books that are avail for general use. Cute lounge area
Restaurant and bar- although we didnt eat here, the drinks were really fabulous. Its a cute spot that overlooks Pawtuxet River and has an outdoor deck area ( closed until April). They have a funky lounge area in the back with a pool table. Really cool!
FREE PARKING
The front desk staff were laid back and we had no complaints. I would definitely go back again!
For those that want to splurge- there is one suite with a balcony...unfortunately the hotel is only 5 stories high though.

Room Tip: The air conditioner can be quite loud at times so be prepared if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BREINIGSVILLE
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After a previous stay two years ago, on the request of a friend, I agreed to meet her at the Nylo for a weekend event.
Due to the distance I was traveling, I came in the night before. Due to travel delays, I didn't arrive at the hotel until 0130.
The female desk clerk was involved in a conversation with two male employees and would not even acknowledge my presence until one of her coworkers made a comment to her. She made me feel like I was bothering her in trying to check in.
When I got to the room, there was one king bed instead of two doubles. I called down to the front desk, and was treated very rudely. I asked if there were double-bedded rooms available, and was told that "this is your room, take it or leave it". I should have left it. However, I was exhausted and figured that upon the arrival of my friend the next day, everything would be straightened out.
In the morning, I checked in with the front desk to see if the issue could be clarified and rectified before coming back for the evening. I was told that my friend had no reservation for the hotel, which I found hard to believe as my early arrival was dovetailed into her reservation.
Upon return to the hotel after the first day of the event, she was told that she had no reservation. She presented her confirmation, and the next thing we heard was "oops, there you are".
We were indeed booked into a double-bedded room as I had said the night before. I had to move my room, and was not offered any assistance to do so.
The next morning, it took me 40 minutes to check out of the room, after my friend had done so. I had continued to be charged for the room that I vacated due to their error. I was double-charged the pet fee. Heidi, the woman at the front desk was horrible. She was rude, and did not want to listen to the reason that I had two rooms.
Customer service is seriously lacking. If the hotel had bothered to listen to me from the beginning, there would have been no problem. At one point, I became so frustrated that I made the comment - "This is not the type of customer service that makes people want to come back". The response was that there were always people who wanted to stay there and our stay didn't matter. Obviously.
I will never stay there again.
We attempted to eat at the restaurant, and ended up leaving, and had been warned about the poor food and service by others prior to us being seated. I will go into that in a different review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank sk8momy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!