NYLO Providence/Warwick
$118
Hotels.com
$114
$148
Best Western Airport Inn(Warwick)(Great Value!)
$100
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
1,135 results
All reviewsloft styleunique hotelcool hotelloft restaurantview of the riveroutdoor deckrain showerold millindustrial lookindustrial designrhode islandrooms are smallcomfortable bedsliding doorfront desk staffclose to the airportconcrete
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wknd getaway. We had heard about the hotel from an advertised special we saw online. I read the reviews so that I knew what to expect when I booked the room. The hotel is located next to Warwick Mall right behind a residential area and off the highway. It is a trendy boutique hotel with great decor, nice rooms, great lobby and excellent bar space. It is a great in-between stop if you plan on doing various day trips - approx 15-20 min to Providence and 30-40 min to Newport. The drive b/w the hotel and these two locations is very quick and easy.
Rooms - very trendy, funky with really comfortable beds, k-cup coffee machine, in room safe, clock radio with ipod dock , toiletries in bathroom, hair dryer and ice bucket. Basic amenities-this is not the Ritz Carlton but hey, its half the price.
Lobby - they have a computer along with lots of books that are avail for general use. Cute lounge area
Restaurant and bar- although we didnt eat here, the drinks were really fabulous. Its a cute spot that overlooks Pawtuxet River and has an outdoor deck area ( closed until April). They have a funky lounge area in the back with a pool table. Really cool!
FREE PARKING
The front desk staff were laid back and we had no complaints. I would definitely go back again!
For those that want to splurge- there is one suite with a balcony...unfortunately the hotel is only 5 stories high though.

Room Tip: The air conditioner can be quite loud at times so be prepared if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After a previous stay two years ago, on the request of a friend, I agreed to meet her at the Nylo for a weekend event.
Due to the distance I was traveling, I came in the night before. Due to travel delays, I didn't arrive at the hotel until 0130.
The female desk clerk was involved in a conversation with two male employees and would not even acknowledge my presence until one of her coworkers made a comment to her. She made me feel like I was bothering her in trying to check in.
When I got to the room, there was one king bed instead of two doubles. I called down to the front desk, and was treated very rudely. I asked if there were double-bedded rooms available, and was told that "this is your room, take it or leave it". I should have left it. However, I was exhausted and figured that upon the arrival of my friend the next day, everything would be straightened out.
In the morning, I checked in with the front desk to see if the issue could be clarified and rectified before coming back for the evening. I was told that my friend had no reservation for the hotel, which I found hard to believe as my early arrival was dovetailed into her reservation.
Upon return to the hotel after the first day of the event, she was told that she had no reservation. She presented her confirmation, and the next thing we heard was "oops, there you are".
We were indeed booked into a double-bedded room as I had said the night before. I had to move my room, and was not offered any assistance to do so.
The next morning, it took me 40 minutes to check out of the room, after my friend had done so. I had continued to be charged for the room that I vacated due to their error. I was double-charged the pet fee. Heidi, the woman at the front desk was horrible. She was rude, and did not want to listen to the reason that I had two rooms.
Customer service is seriously lacking. If the hotel had bothered to listen to me from the beginning, there would have been no problem. At one point, I became so frustrated that I made the comment - "This is not the type of customer service that makes people want to come back". The response was that there were always people who wanted to stay there and our stay didn't matter. Obviously.
I will never stay there again.
We attempted to eat at the restaurant, and ended up leaving, and had been warned about the poor food and service by others prior to us being seated. I will go into that in a different review.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank sk8momy
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hotel is advertised as Providence although it is a 15 minute drive to the city, area is sketchy. When I arrived to the desk a young woman greeted me with a 30 dollar above internet listing. When I told her if margin in price there was no offer for the lower pricing. Room was modern and clean. The air/heating unit was so loud I had to nor use it once trying to sleep due to the chatter and clanging the unit made. Awoke in the AM to use the krups for coffee, 2 coffees available both decaf needed caffeine to start day. Blow dryer available had what was supposed to be a retractable cord.... May retract if I could have ever for it to come out to be used. I was bit impressed spending $130 for a room, I could have got a room with a view downtown. Next trip I will.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank NorthCarolina1
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The NYLO Providence/Warwick's building and rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The view from the back deck is great if you can appreciate a rustic old factory town setting (which we do). The only thing that prevents me from giving this hotel a 5 star rating is the experience we had. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk clerk looked at us and said, "Didn't you hear?" My husband and I looked at eachother and sensing maybe that the desk clerk was about to joke with us we said, "No. What?" "We had a fire last night and your room is available, but no services with in the hiotel are open" Now, for those of you who know the Warwick area, there's not a whole lot going on in the area unless you travel down to East Greenwich or onto Providence. Which is great if you want to drive to have dinner or nightlife. We were headed there for a romantic night, to stay in the hotel, have dinner, enjoy the view and have some cocktails. Well, needless to say none of what we wanted was possible. it was severely disappointing that, given the circumstance, no representative from NYLO called us to warn us of the fire and the limited services, no one called to thank us for staying in spite of all this. Over all, I'm not sure if I would return there. Were not the type of people who would demand a free night for this sort of inconvenienece, but I would have liked an apology for not letting us know that the hotel had such limited service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank laurens819
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The bottom line: This is not your normal hotel experience, but it is one that you will never forget, with a great bed, relaxing shower, and a warmth that defies the concrete construction. We would go back again in a heartbeat.
The whole story:
My wife and I wanted to get away for a weekend, so we settled on Rhode Island as a destination, just a few hours away from our CT home. Normally, I would book a night at a Sheraton using my Starwood points and that would be that, but as luck would have it, just as I was booking the reservation, I received a great Groupon offer for two nights at the NYLO Providence--Warwick hotel, so I booked it.
I had read about the hotel on the website and seen the TripAdvisor reviews, but was still surprised to see the "Old Mill" as we pulled up to the NYLO on Friday night.
It took a bit of time to register as I had not printed the Groupon voucher (I had read that all I needed to do was show the voucher on my iphone). The desk clerk was very apologetic, and upgraded us to one of the PURE hypo-allergenic rooms at no charge. We were intrigued by the ambiance of the lobby, and were not sure what to expect when we got to our room.
When we got to our room my wife was immediately taken by the look and feel. This was going to be different.
The room was smaller than we had expected from the pictures, but it was very functional. The bed was very soft and comfortable, but the sofa was definitely not. We both loved the Waterfall shower head and the sink with very cold water. The TV swiveled to all angles and there was a safe in the "closet" area. Don't expect any dressers with drawers, you will need to live out of your suitcase(s). But there is something intangible about the smell, the warmth and the comfort that defies the concrete construction of the rooms.
So if you are looking for something out of the ordinary from the usual bland Hotel experience, we highly recommend NYLO Providence. We hear there are some great bicycle rail trails in RI, so we are likely to go back this summer and will stay at NYLO for sure.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple