“Modern furnishing with need of old fashioned hospitality service.”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hotel is advertised as Providence although it is a 15 minute drive to the city, area is sketchy. When I arrived to the desk a young woman greeted me with a 30 dollar above internet listing. When I told her if margin in price there was no offer for the lower pricing. Room was modern and clean. The air/heating unit was so loud I had to nor use it once trying to sleep due to the chatter and clanging the unit made. Awoke in the AM to use the krups for coffee, 2 coffees available both decaf needed caffeine to start day. Blow dryer available had what was supposed to be a retractable cord.... May retract if I could have ever for it to come out to be used. I was bit impressed spending $130 for a room, I could have got a room with a view downtown. Next trip I will.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank NorthCarolina1

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The NYLO Providence/Warwick's building and rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The view from the back deck is great if you can appreciate a rustic old factory town setting (which we do). The only thing that prevents me from giving this hotel a 5 star rating is the experience we had. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk clerk looked at us and said, "Didn't you hear?" My husband and I looked at eachother and sensing maybe that the desk clerk was about to joke with us we said, "No. What?" "We had a fire last night and your room is available, but no services with in the hiotel are open" Now, for those of you who know the Warwick area, there's not a whole lot going on in the area unless you travel down to East Greenwich or onto Providence. Which is great if you want to drive to have dinner or nightlife. We were headed there for a romantic night, to stay in the hotel, have dinner, enjoy the view and have some cocktails. Well, needless to say none of what we wanted was possible. it was severely disappointing that, given the circumstance, no representative from NYLO called us to warn us of the fire and the limited services, no one called to thank us for staying in spite of all this. Over all, I'm not sure if I would return there. Were not the type of people who would demand a free night for this sort of inconvenienece, but I would have liked an apology for not letting us know that the hotel had such limited service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank laurens819
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The bottom line: This is not your normal hotel experience, but it is one that you will never forget, with a great bed, relaxing shower, and a warmth that defies the concrete construction. We would go back again in a heartbeat.
The whole story:
My wife and I wanted to get away for a weekend, so we settled on Rhode Island as a destination, just a few hours away from our CT home. Normally, I would book a night at a Sheraton using my Starwood points and that would be that, but as luck would have it, just as I was booking the reservation, I received a great Groupon offer for two nights at the NYLO Providence--Warwick hotel, so I booked it.
I had read about the hotel on the website and seen the TripAdvisor reviews, but was still surprised to see the "Old Mill" as we pulled up to the NYLO on Friday night.
It took a bit of time to register as I had not printed the Groupon voucher (I had read that all I needed to do was show the voucher on my iphone). The desk clerk was very apologetic, and upgraded us to one of the PURE hypo-allergenic rooms at no charge. We were intrigued by the ambiance of the lobby, and were not sure what to expect when we got to our room.
When we got to our room my wife was immediately taken by the look and feel. This was going to be different.
The room was smaller than we had expected from the pictures, but it was very functional. The bed was very soft and comfortable, but the sofa was definitely not. We both loved the Waterfall shower head and the sink with very cold water. The TV swiveled to all angles and there was a safe in the "closet" area. Don't expect any dressers with drawers, you will need to live out of your suitcase(s). But there is something intangible about the smell, the warmth and the comfort that defies the concrete construction of the rooms.
So if you are looking for something out of the ordinary from the usual bland Hotel experience, we highly recommend NYLO Providence. We hear there are some great bicycle rail trails in RI, so we are likely to go back this summer and will stay at NYLO for sure.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cooldj23
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I felt that full disclosure is warranted, and I didn't realize what was missing from my first review - the bed. Shame on me for not stating that the bed was the best I have ever slept in. I think I am only beginning to understand the impact a good mattress has on your sleep, and being a side-sleeper due to my very firm bed, I was a bit daunted to be comfortable just laying on my back. I looked up the amenities on the hotel website and saw that it was a Simmons Beautyrest Do Not Disturb mattress. I think they have changed the brand name since, and perhaps the specs, on the website, since I first investigated. Fast forward to present: the mattress made a BIG impression, I still talk about it when visiting retail mattress outlets, and it is likely I will find something in the Simmons Beautyrest Black line, that reminds me of the wonderful experience of the NYLO bed. I realize I probably could have purchased the mattress from Simmons' hotel program, but I didn't investigate - anticipating full retail. Based on my experience of the bed in July 2013, I am giving the hotel an Excellent rating.

Room Tip: ask for river view and a luggage rack unless you want to open your bag on the floor or on the bed
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stay at Nylo every now and again for special occasions with friends or to just get away for a night or two. I wouldn't even think about staying at any other hotel in Rhode Island. Nylo is always our go-to hotel of choice. The atmosphere is perfect and the chic look of the hotel provides the guests with a modern edgy stay. The unfinished mill look is part of the Nylo decor! So for those who said it looks unfinished...that's the whole idea!! It is modern, unique and gorgeous inside. I love the vibe. It is very New York, yet completely affordable and comfortable. The rooms are just beautiful, the bar is stunning. Why would any one choose a boring Crowne Plaza or Marriott hotel over Nylo? That's just silly. As far as the staff goes, we never have an issue. The one issue we did have which was simple (we did not know how to change the heat setting in the room) the woman at the front desk addressed it immediately and had someone go up to the room right away and changed it for us within ten minutes of us arriving. Nylo is great and I would highly recommend this hotel to any and every one looking to stay in the area!

Room Tip: Request a room that overlooks the river! Only 3 or 4 in the hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AFA0207
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here as a member of a wedding party. My wife and I had a room with queen bed. To me this is somewhat of a strange hotel. The walls are all unfinished concrete. They are somewhat reminiscent of a prison. The bed was nice, comfortable, but a little difficult to get in and out of because of its height. The room seemed dark, maybe more lighting could help. The bathroom has a frosted glass shower that, for some reason has a large mirror mounted just under the shower head. The rest of the bathroom has a small sink and shelf and toilet. This, too, looks like a prison. The only window in the room is about two feet behind the bed, a little hard to reach. The folks working the front desk are lacking personalities. They came across as rather cold and seemed to have somewhat of an attitude. Luckily there are restaurants nearby as I'm not quite sure what their restaurant schedule is.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Mixed review here! Absolutely loved the concept, but agree with other reviewers about the lack of hotel functionality and comfort. We booked the Nylo king room for a fun two person Superbowl celebration and were put off by the no alcohol allowed in the room rule and their restaurant/bar was closed. Who doesen't have a beer during a football game!

Second, the width of the room is slightly too narrow to support the king bed. Third, floors and ceilings were not applealing to look at or walk on. If this were someone's funky loft apt who was into the raw look, it could have been cool, but it needs some warmth and texture to have widespread hospitality appeal.

Fourth, Lounge furniture is extremely uncomfortable and cheap. Coffee table/footstool wobbled on legs and felt like it wouldn't support our feet. Backs took a beating after sitting on this furniture for the game.

Plusses: great customer service, dog friendly, fantastic shower with great pressure, gorgeous outside space. We would stay here again for an overnight, but not for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MystiqueLaRue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#1 of 13 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!