“Wow”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Well what a stunning start. The entrance itself, the library and games area were all so interesting. The art work and finishing touches have all been carefully selected. Our room was so ... Different. My first instinct was to take photographs before we made it look lived in. Small but not cramped. Plenty of room for us with bags for a 2 night stay. Breakfast isn 't included but there is an extensive breakfast menu. The oatmeal was delicious. I would come again. There are several restaurants in the mall opposite too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Sue S,

Thank you for your amazing comments! I am pleased to read that your 2 night stay at NYLO Providence/Warwick was wonderfully enjoyable from the artwork in the hotel to the NYLO Loft guest rooms.

Please let me know when your travels should bring you back to Rhode Island and I will have my team create another signature NYLO experience.

Fabio Pari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had first visited NYLO for drinks and I fell in love with how well they had converted a rundown mill into a very cool hotel. The design on the hotel is well thought out. lots of places to sit, chill and enjoy the space. The rooms are small but not cramp. The soft fabrics in the room take the edge of it's industrial design. I would caution that while the bar is a nice place to sit for a drink, the food here is not good - flat out unworthy of a hotel where everything else has been so well thought out. To best enjoy the hotel, grab a cocktail at the bar, go in to Providence to eat and then chill in your room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the quality of the food in the Loft; such is not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department head is aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is very modern in design. The room was very nice and large. Bed was large and very comfortable, as were the pillows. Concrete floors and walls were softened with large wall-length curtains. I was concerned about noises from the exposed plumbing, but we didn't hear anything from other rooms. Our only issue was there are no awnings or overhangs outside. We arrived in the rain, and got wet trying to carry luggage in to the lobby. Parking is across a small road, so the walk in/out was not fun in the rain. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

D H,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Providence/Warwick to host your visit to Rhode Island and for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that your overall experience with us was enjoyable. Thank you for your note about the lack of cover at the entrance of the hotel, please be assured that we will discuss possible solutions.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Another reviewer put it well when they called the NYLO modern and hip. It is that and then some. Don't go there expecting a Hyatt, you will be disappointed. That said, the view of the river we had from the room was spectacular and the bed was great. The hotel is also across the street from a mall, which is very convenient. That said, the industrial feel of the hotel was too much for me and I was annoyed that I could not get the CBS station on their TVs. Skip the hotel restaurant - the weekend buffet was a joke and the omelet I got during the week had to be only one egg and a teaspoon of each ingredient. The waffle I had the next day was better. Staff is nice and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are long and narrow, except for the suite. Only the sofa in the suite makes into a bed, i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the Television channels and for the quality of the omelet you had during Breakfast; such is not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had to spend an unexpected week in Providence and came to NYLO because the price was good at Travelocity. For this price range, it is a clean property with nice touches in the rooms. However, for a new hotel, it is sad that the shower was put in in a way that allows standing water to collect in the corners and never drain. The bed is way too soft for a healthy back. The lighting in the room is not practical for reading; most of the bulbs are extremely low wattage and the one higher wattage bulb by the couch is on a lamp that does not allow for movement to a place that is helpful and not bumping into your head. People at the front desk are nice but there has been poor follow through on maintenance and other things (it took 2 days and repeated reminders, by me, to get the room phone working; one day someone at the desk said he would bring me some paper coffee cups and never did).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
evect,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that your overall experience during your week stay at NYLO Providence/Warwick.

In regards to the follow through from our Front Desk team, they do try their very best to accommodate all guests requests and I apologize we fell short on delivery for your request. Please be assured that I have followed-up with the appropriate team leader.

All in all, thank you for your feedback. Please touch base when your travels return you to Rhode Island as I will ensure we create a signature NYLO experience.

east northport
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the NYLO and cannot wait to return. The decor and atmosphere are modern, hip and eco-friendly. It all melts together beautifully. Not your regular hotel. This place rocks.
We had the buffet breakfast. It was ok and the staff is very kind and helpful. The view is quite nice from the dining area and outside deck.
The beds, as others have stated are very comfortable.
We went to Providence for dinner one night, the drive was quick and easy. Parking is an issue but we parked in the garage for the mall and it was very inexpensive. Dinner reservations are required for most places, so call ahead.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the river. We were not able to get one, so our view was the street an...
1 Thank annette1015
annette1015,

Thank you for the amazing feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that your 2 night stay to NYLO Providence/Warwick was enjoyable from the NYLO NYTE to The LOFT Restaurant & Lounge.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

From the river view to the wonderful bed, I enjoyed my second stay at NYLO, RI. May plan a trip to Dallas for a long weekend. Walking,restaurants, relaxing by the river.
I Bought the mattress, I was so impressed by the quality of my sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie R
Good Day Jamie R,

Thank you for the amazing feedback! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your second visit to NYLO Providence/Warwick.

Please let us know if your travels should bring you to the Dallas area and I will let the team know, so we can create another NYLO signature experience!

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!