“Unique Chic!!!”

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on the way down to NYC. The hotel is in the old Fruit of the Loom factory building that has been lovingly restored into a chic, trendy, VERY comfortable hotel. The beds are super comfy and the rooms themselves are very upscale and different. Think NYC loft - with concrete floors, huge windows overlooking the river, high ceilings, etc. The bathroom has an opaque glass curved wall that surrounds the shower and backs onto the bedroom. If you are into complete privacy, this may be a problem, You can just see shadows behind the glass, no details. There is in room wifi, an I home clock radio, and every other amenity you could imagine. For the low price per night, you can't beat it. It is 5 mins. from the highway, tucked into a nice area overlooking the river. You can also walk across the street to the mall if that is your thing. I would definitely stay at the Nylo again when coming to the Providence area. Highly recommended !!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank robertwcook
There are newer reviews for NYLO Providence/Warwick

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is defnitely not your average hotel. It is extremely ecofriendly, extremely friendly, and when I was younger would describe as hip. I stayed here the first time over 4 years ago mainly because the location was within 3 minutes of the business where I was doing work. After my first stay I fell in love with the whole concept, the river view out my window, the uniqueness of the bar, lounge, restuarant, and the patio. The customer service is awesome and to this date I have never experienced a negative trip. When the river flooding caused their shutdown for almost two years, I had to resort to stay in traditional hotels - they are good but definitely not unique. I was very excited this time to find out they were back in business. Their restaurant menu has changed and is very much improved. I will definitely be back time and time again. The bed is SO soft and comfy!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are the best! Just for the view :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Nylo on New Years Eve. What an exceptional time! The food was fantastic and the staff was excellent, even the General Manager was there making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. About the rooms….Awesome! If you are tired of staying in the same old hotel room, than you got to check out the rooms at Nylo. Everything about it is above the norm. Great time, Great staff & Great Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Rhode Island is know for its preservation of historic buildings, The NYLO Hotel has placed itself among one of the best. If you are looking for your average "cookie cutter" hotel this is not the place for you. The resoration of the Pontiac Mill along the Pawtuxet River into this hotel was amazing. The exposed beams and pipes along with concrete walls and floors only adds to the "industrial" ambience. Our room was not huge but big enough for a king size bed, loveseat and desk. The view of the Pawtuxet from the floor to ceiling window really outstanding.
The only fault I found was the placement of the heating/airconditioning unit directly behind the bed. Normally I enjoy the hum of these below the window units but this one rattled so badly it woke me up each time it cycled.

Room Tip: My room was listed as a "River View Loft King" and had a great view of the Pawtuxet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at this property after buying a living social deal. It was an old factory redone .The decor was very art deco .the staff was a little young and inexperienced but friendly .The food was excellent . The MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
This is proof that living social is a great advertising method,I never would have known about this hotel without it.We will go again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

WOW! This fabulous hotel is so ultra cool from the minute you step into the lobby then into the room with a huge king bed with again ultra cool furnishings. We got a great rate through Hotwire and it rated it a 3.5 star and it is most diff a 4-star! The service is excellent by the check in staff right into the hotel resturant. The resturant is excellent and the availibility of small plates is a plus. The pizzas looked amazing! Going back this year and this is where we will be staying and I can not wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room to over look the river!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stay in hotels all across the country and I have to say this was simply an excellent experience. The hotel reminds me of Aloft but MUCH better. I am not a big fan of Aloft but I loved NYLO. Very modern, unique style hotel made from an old Fruit of the Loom factory. On our arrival the system that controls all the keys to the hotel was on the fritz so they had to take us to our rooms. No big deal for me, the hotel staff was very nice. I must say the bed was my favorite part, very comfortable! Nice shower too. It was raining when we were there but the restaurant facing the river made me want to have a beer out there anyway. Can't say enough about this hotel. Would recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 13 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!