“Don't extend your stay...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't extend your stay...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

You should know this is not a full service hotel. There is no daily housekeeping unless you pay for it. You will be lucky to get a 25cent bar of soap. There is a general odor throughout the whole building. Our room smelled of mildew and was humid. The pullout couch was dirty and stained there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and was generally run down. You will pay a lot of money for a "roof over your head" basically. Don't stay here unless you want to be on your own for everything and don't care about your surroundings. I am not a picky person this place truly is substandard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed three nights in a room with a dead mouse under my sleeper sofa. Imagine the horror of discovering this unexpected guest. On arrival to the front desk I met it empty and had to have a seat waiting to be checked in.

Room Tip: check your room before sleeping
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

location was great. When I first entered room, all the drawers were open, the sofa bed was half open, no complimentary basic stuff in room.

Worst of all when I went at 8 am for breakfast they informed that they ran out. Day 2 and day 3 they simply did not provided any breakfast.

Bad Management

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room was not in the proper condition when you arrived. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast was not fully stocked during our breakfast hours. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel during Brown's graduation weekend. We found the staff - both at the front desk and with housekeeping - to be very professional and pleasant. They went out of their way for us more than once… They do not advertise themselves as a "frills" establishment. We think we got a great deal in a clean, accommodating and pleasant place and highly recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I understand that this is a budget hotel. Everything is going to be basic, beds, room, amenities, free breakfast. Even with that being said I still expect the staff to help me when I ask for it.
The second week we stayed here i had house keeping knock on our door three separate days asking if we wanted service. Every single time i told them i wanted service on a particular day. That day comes and goes and we do not get service. I bring this to the attention of the front desk and they say it will be done the next day. It doesn't happen. I complain again and a women tells me it will be done first thing in the morning. Again this does not happen. In short we had housekeeping a week late. Which is two weeks without our bathroom being cleaned, the studio being vacuumed or our sheets and towels being changed.
Free breakfast is oranges and apples, granola bars, oatmeal and prepackaged muffins as well as coffee and tea. This would be great if it was stocked properly. I don't know how many times i went down in the morning to find that there was NOTHING there. Another issue is there is never anyone at the front desk. So I could not even ask someone to restock the food and coffee if i wanted to.
Overall I would only recommend this place if you were desperate or staying for less than two weeks. They do not uphold service or quality (forgot to mention that one of our bedside lamps fell off the wall in the middle of the night). I do have to say that the women at the front desk from the Shetland islands as well as Becky were really great.

Room Tip: I would take a room that is in the front of the hotel on the top floor if you don't smoke. that...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Booked through their website and it said $89 a night. Booked for 3 nights and the total was $340+. Never got a confirmation email. Called and spoke to a very rude woman who insisted that the room was $89 a night and that that totaled $340+. Cancelled all but the first night and then got my confirmation email that stated that the cost went up $20 for friday and $40 for saturday.

Hotel staff was nice and pleasant. Hotel itself is very dated and smelled like it was once a smoking room even if it was non smoking. Probably couldn't get the smell out.

Room Tip: I would call the hotel directly and not go through the website or 800 number.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am picky and find things wrong everywhere. With that said I found some thing that's should have been repaired and some things wrong. However the staff here was very helpful and you get what you pay for. We needed a reasonable priced room for my sisters graduation from Brown university and this hands down was the best deal. Every where else wanted twice a much. The hotel is close to 95 and you can get to downtown Providence in 15min. There is a mall 5 min away and a shop and save grocery store just down the road. Overall it works great. If you are looking to impress stay at the Omni in Providence for $250 a night if not stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and affordable. We hope you enjoyed you enjoyed your time at Graduation! I am sorry for the items in your room in need of repair. The staff and I are working to correct these issues, but are glad to know that you enjoyed the service we provided to you during your visit, overall.

Once again, thank you for the positive review and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you to the Rhode Island area again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay and have a wonderful day!