“Bad management and Smelly Rooms..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“Bad management and Smelly Rooms..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Past two stays they have stuck us in a stinky filthy smoking room and we don't smoke... Management and staff did nothing to help other than say they were sold out but we did book a room a few days in advance but still got forced to take a smoking room... Manager stinks he entered our room while my husband was in it and my husband didnt answer but the manager walked in anyway... Don't think they are allowed to do that.. Overall too many bad experiences very hesitant to stay here anymore.. Seems like they don't care about the customers only the dollar($$)...

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bella5671
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on the Homestead Studio Suites in Warwick Rhode Island. I want to apologize on behalf of our team for your less than acceptable experience. We will use this feedback to train, and focus on the areas that you felt need attention. Thank you again, and please contact me if I can be of any further help. Curtis Carlson ccarlson@extendedstay.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Homestead in Warwick after traveling for work to save on a midnight commute home and commute back the following morning. I can't say enough good things about my experience. Although I was not checking into the hotel until Monday night, the hotel allowed me to keep my car in the lot for the weekend, saving me quite a bit on airport parking and offering an excellent shuttle service to and from. Staff was so warm, welcoming, accommodating, and great to work with from the time I booked the hotel through the end of my stay. I've already booked another stay for the next time I travel.

Highly recommend Homestead on price and people to interact with!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a terrific review. I am truly pleased that our team was able to meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a "home away from " experience. We look forward to welcoming you in the very near future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further service.
Bermuda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I recently stayed here to take my son to school. I would like to rate this hotel higher but I can't. It's a great hotel if you have a car, if you don't have a car then you are stuck in an industrial area with nothing much in walking distance. I had to order in a few nights. The shuttle system definitely needs to be upgraded. Not once did I see the shuttle and when I asked for it, they said you had to book it 24 hours in advance, then on another note they said the drivers were off from work. I really think this needs to be addressed as there were guests there like myself that did not have access to a car that was put up in this hotel by the school and could not use the shuttle, so we had to rely on taxis. That is another story, but I would recommend BEST Taxi and not Bay Taxi. I had planned to stay my 10 days there but checked out after 4 days in order to be closer to transport. Also, please look into floor 2, the corridor that hosts rooms 229 - 237. There is a terrible odor along that particular corridor.

Jen is nice addition to your hotel and I enjoyed her hospitality while I was there. Thanks Jen.

Room Tip: Definitely need a car if you stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the shuttle service did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will be personally reviewing the shuttle procedures with our entire team. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccarlson@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. I am pleased that Jen provided you with the warm, welcoming hospitality that we are known for. Thank you once again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights during a recent art show. It was a very comfortable room and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay there again next year. Access to nearby restaurants and grocery stores is a snap. When we needed extra sheets and pillows for the pullout couch, the front desk quickly obtained them. The WiFi signal was quite good and I was able to be reliably online during our entire stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay that The Homestead Studio Suites Hotel in Warwick Rhode Island. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in knowing that we met all of your expectations. I hope that if your travels bring you through Warwick again that you stay with us! Please feel free to contact me at ccarlson@extendedstay.com if I can be of any further service!
Margaretville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stay in this hotel once a month in order to visit our new granddaughter. Most stays are about 4 days long. I love this place. With a fully-stocked kitchen, including pots and pans, dishes and glasses, an electric stovetop, a microwave, a big refrigerator, a dishwasher, and with a huge supermarket less than a mile away, it's easy to be at home here. The staff is warm, helpful, and smart; everything is clean, there's coffee all day and a newspaper in the morning. The hotel is about 1 1/2 miles away from the commuter train to Boston. It's affordable and offers more than I ever expected.

Marcia G.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we can be here for you, and make visiting your new addition that much easier. We appreciate the fact that you continue to visit us as well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit your new granddaughter!
Warwick, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Taking the time to compliment a staff member, Jen. I am a long term guest and Jen makes my family's stay much more comfortable. She is friendly, efficient, and really goes the extra mile when you request something. It's a refreshing change of pace to have someone so friendly and engaging at the desk.

The hotel itself is in a very convenient location, close to a grocery store, a mall, a movie theater, and the beach for summer stays. Also within a mile of the airport, but situated so it is not noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior courtyard room. Quieter and prettier with greenery to look out upon. Rooms in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K_H_H_Warwick
Thank you for taking the time to review The Homestead Studio Suites Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with Jen! All of our associates are committed to providing the best possible experience, along with the best lodging value! Thank you again for your positive feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

First I came here was August 3 and I spent 2 weeks here. I had to came back in Providence just for one night and I had no doubt to come back, good location nice rooms and no issues. when I came in Jen recognized me in one second greeting me warrmly and this made me feel like at home.Always nice and available. That's the reason make me decide to spend my last week in Usa here. I travelled a lot and I stayd in many different hoteles, mostly in september. But no one can compete with Jen and the others member of your staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were so pleased with your first stay, and that you came back to visit us again. I especially appreciate the fact that you took the time to recognize the service that Jen was able to provide you, and that it made such a difference in your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should you return to the US.