Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport
$133
$118
$126
Radisson
Best Western Airport Inn(Warwick)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
$123
$119
Hotels.com
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast buffetfood truckarrived shortly after pmfully stocked kitchenmarriott websitemarriott pointsfront deskstudio suitebeer winelong term stayfriendly hotelgrocery shoppingbusiness parkliving room areaits close proximitymain lobbypots pans
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We unfortunately had a house fire last month and will be out of our house for some months. We were happy to be able to stay in the vicinity for the convenience of supervising renovations, work, family, etc. Right from the first day, the staff has been wonderful and kind in helping us through this stressful time. The maids are all so sweet and have been mindful of not letting our two sneaky cats out when cleaning our room. The kitchen staff (Maria, Barbara and Doreen) are very warm and friendly and do a great job. I especially enjoy the buffet breakfasts. The facilities people are competent and responsive (shout out to Mike, Pete, and Pedro!). The front area staff is super; we like to think that we are nice people and easy enough to get along with. I have seen staff members deal with a lot of not-so-nice people...demanding, rude, and dismissive. They handle everyone with respect and do their utmost to accommodate all requests. Hats off to you all - Bob, Cindy, Lori, Allison, Agnes, Ricky, and Andrea.
For those complaining about the age of the complex - yes it may not be brand new but it is still a Marriott property and is clean and comfortable and nicer than other residential properties or hotels. We are quite comfortable here.
So...we are obviously unhappy about the circumstances that brought us here but are happy and grateful to have met such a nice group of people.
PS We just learned that the property will be renovated in the fall!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We have been honored to get to know many people facing similar situations throughout the years, and it is so rewarding to hear that our staff has been able to ease some of your burdens during this difficult time. It is truly our pleasure to serve you. I admire your positive attitude and will certainly share your kind words with all of our employees. Thank you for recognizing so many of us by name!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Residence Inn Providence Warwick for two months this past winter. What makes this hotel excellent is the amazing service provided by the dedicated friendly professional staff. Upon arrival we were greeted with smiling cheerful faces and given a warm welcome. We were pleased with our room which was spacious clean and comfortable. Andrea, the sales manager, went out of her way to insure that our room was located as close to the main building as possible due to handicap issues. The grounds and all common areas were exceptionally maintained. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked and delicious, and the evening social was never disappointing thanks to the management. At this hotel, the staff truly appears to appreciate your business and goes above and beyond to handle requests. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Joyce, Thank you for the thoughtful review! It is so kind of you to recognize our staff. We truly enjoy making our guests happy and are delighted that we succeeded. We are all looking forward to seeing you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My recent stay at this ResidInn was very pleasant. The staff is very friendly and treat you like family. The breakfast and night meals are well prepared and better than most ResidInns. The rooms are quiet and kept clean. It is very close to the airport and commuter rail station. I plan to stay here whenever I am on assignment in the Providence area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for the great review! And welcome to our Residence Inn family – we really do enjoy welcoming our guests into our “home.” I will definitely share your review with the entire team, especially our kitchen employees who love pleasing our guests with those tasty meals. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Checked in on 03/28/14. I booked the hotel using my moms Marriott Rewards. When I spoke to the Marriott Representative on the phone, she said there wouldn't be any problems as long as my mom called the hotel to confirm that I would be checking in. So I get to the hotel and when I check in the woman at the front desk asks for my credit card and photo ID. I told her that the room was booked with my moms Marriott rewards but she had called to confirm I would be checking in. The woman looks at me like I was speaking Chinese and says "So your mom will not be here at all...?" I told her no. She responds in a condescending tone, "And how old are you?" I told her I would be turning 20 that Sunday. She then proceeds to grab a piece of paper from the back room and says to me, "This is our 'No Party' Policy. I need you to read this carefully and sign at the bottom". Honestly, I was very offended. Now I'm not sure if you need to be 21 to check into a hotel in Rhode Island, but seriously? Just the way she asked me my age and then immediately got this form for me to sign suggested that she assumed I would be having a party of some sort. I was staying here for the weekend because it was my birthday weekend and I wanted some privacy with my boyfriend and we didn't want to deal with my roommates or share a twin size bed. Obivously I didn't tell her this, but just the fact that she assumed I would be having a party or be loud and disturbing really offended me since my family and I have been loyal Marriott customers for several years.

Saturday night rolls around and there is a huge rain storm. My boyfriend and I are sleeping and around 3AM the fire alarm starts going off for no reason. I call the front desk to notify them and the woman said "Okay we'll send someone right down." About 5 or so minutes later there are four fire trucks outside the hotel. Turns out there was no fire, and the next day we learned that there was a leak in the ceiling of the room above us and water got into the smoke detector which triggered it to go off. Just from a safety standpoint, this is not okay. Obviously the roof needs to be fixed, not to mention it was an overall inconvenience for me and the rest of the guests who were staying in that particular building. In the end, I wasn't charged any points for my stay, which was nice, but it still was annoying that I had to wake up at 3AM for no apparent reason other than the hotel is old and needs repairs.

Overall, my stay here was...okay. I did like the fact that the room had a full kitchen so I was able to cook meals rather than ordering room service or eating out. The room itself was clean, and the bed was firm but not horrible. I did not care for the pillows at all as they were way too soft. So if you like a firm pillow, I suggest you bring your own. I would probably stay here again, but only if I could get it for free through my Marriott Rewards. I would not spend money to stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own front door since the hotel is apartment style. If you can not use stairs, definitely book a first floor room as there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra K
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We do typically have guests checking in for one-night stays on the weekends sign our No Party Policy to encourage them to be respectful of other guests. It sounds like this procedure was not communicated to you in the most professional manner, so for that we are deeply sorry. We will definitely review the presentation of No Party Policy with the entire Front Desk staff to ensure our guests are treated respectfully. I’m sorry that you were offended and assure you that this was not our intention.

We also regret the fire alarm disruption during your stay – that was definitely an unusual event. Please be assured that we are in the process of replacing our roofs – we actually started some buildings in the fall and will continue with more buildings in the spring. I’m glad that you did not end up being charged for your room, since our goal is to provide you with a good night’s rest at our hotel and we unfortunately fell short on that. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a great stay in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I travel for business and have stayed in quite a few Marriott and specifically Residence Inn properties and have to say this was one of the worst. There should have been more lighting outside for safety reasons since all the rooms have their own exterior door. the furniture was very old and cheap looking and the appliances need updating. I found a large dead bug in my room which to me looked like a cockroach and mentioned it on the guest survey the front desk staff left for me. I even left the dead bug on top of the paper survey. I had trouble sleeping after I found that bug and when they asked me how my stay was I mentioned the problem. I was polite about it and told them I didn't call the front desk because it was 3 am when i found the bug and at that point what really could be done. I have to say I am surprised no one from Marriott management called me after that. I will continue to stay at Marriott but expected a little bit more out of that stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank sunnytravels123
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. After careful evaluation, it was confirmed that the bug found in your room was a water bug. I understand this doesn’t change the fact that you saw it, however I hope you find comfort in knowing we have taken care of it and look forward to it not happening again. It is not a common occurance and it sounds like we did not respond in the best way - I am sorry that no one called to follow up with you after your departure.

We will be having a full property renovation in the fall and hope that after that you will give us another chance. We take great pride in ensuring our guests are satisfied and regret that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback – it is an opportunity for growth and improvement.