“Convenience”

Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of these walk-up Residence Inns: the stairs come down right in front of the door to the lower level rooms, lending a low-class, almost claustrophobic vibe. The over-alll concept is valid: a very spacious, well-appointed room at a fairly low price. But it only LOOKS fancy. And, as other reviewers have said, you get noise from the adjoining units (feet on the ceiling, toilets flushing, etc). I changed rooms because the tub stopper leaked, and went into a room where the coffee maker spit out brown water (I ALWAYS run water through before making tea!). Having said that, the other reviewers are exactly right: all the staff here is top-notch and cheerfully address any concerns. Be aware: airport shuttle ends at 7pm (Pete the driver goes home.)

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs room if you can handle exterior stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Residence Inn by Marriott Providence Warwick. We do find that many guests love the hotel’s residential-style layout, while others prefer the more traditional hotel with all rooms in one building. I’m sorry that our design did not appeal to you during your visit, and for the problems you encountered during your stay. I will certainly share your feedback with the team, including your kind words about our staff service. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very quiet place perfectly located, however car is a must. Spacious rooms, especially bi-level suites. It's not the newest hotel but in good condition, clean, no issues with AC or WiFi. Right food selection for breakfast + light meals offer in the evenings. Friendly, helpful personnel. Good place for business or family trips. Perfect for longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wojtek H
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you were able to stretch out in the spacious Two Bedroom Bi-Level Suite – I love the high ceiling in those rooms! I’m sure our kitchen associates will be delighted to read your comments about the breakfast and evening social. They have all worked at the hotel for many years and take great pride in their food preparation and guest service – thank you for recognizing them. And thank you for staying with us – we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This longer-stay hotel is looking a bit tired. But not their staff! They were cheerful, helpful and efficient. It made our stay really enjoyable.

The facility itself needs a bit of care. Our ground floor room suffered from us being able to hear most steps and other activities in the room above. A bathroom drain was slow and the air conditioning a bit loud. But all were attended to promptly.

Internet service is included in the room charge, but the speed is agonisingly slow.

All in all, good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ground floor for convenience, second floor for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just returned from the Residence Inn Warwick where I stayed for 11 nights. The professional staff was top notch going out of their way to be of service. The property, while older was clean and well maintained. The beds super comfortable with great pillows and linens. The hotel provided a hot breakfast every morning and a light dinner including cocktails a few nights a week. I was there for a family visit and my plans changed a few times resulting in my needing extra nights. I used my husband's Marriott points as he travels frequently for business. The staff was extremely accommodating in securing me the additional nights when I was unable to do so online. The pool area was clean & pleasant and having a kitchen was a big plus. After I returned home, I received a call stating housekeeping found my American Express card on the couch. They Fedex'ed it to me within 2 days at no charge. I can't speak to the value as I did stay on points, but I'll be certain to return there on my next trip.

Room Tip: Tip... If u like lobster, its very inexpensive and delicious in RI. Stop and Shop will steam it for...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few months while working in the area. The hotel is an apartment-like community. This is suitable for long term stays. The one bedroom is fine for one or two people. The staff is friendly. There is not an elevator at this hotel. You will need to walk up the stairs to your room. The stairs are a little cumbersome if you have big luggage. There seemed to be some roof damage in my room and I did have to call for service after a huge rain storm. They do serve hot food during the week for dinner and serve a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I typically stay in this hotel a couple of times a year. The staff is always great. They are friendly and go out of their way to help out. But, the grounds and the rooms are showing their age. The chair in our kitchen kept losing it's wheel, the WC door was pretty nicked up and needs paint, the grounds themselves have gotten better, but they are typically a bit overgrown and full of weeds.

The room size and internet access are good and breakfast is reasonable. The location also is great for me, it's five minutes from the airport and only a few minutes from everywhere I need to get to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'd really like to rate this place higher. The property is really nice, the front desk and gatehouse staff are wonderful. Typical Residence Inn layout rooms, tons of space to spread out. Workout facilities and pool were very good. But the housekeeping was very substandard. Visible scum in the sink, missing shampoo and soap in the loft bathroom, carpeting and furniture showing their age. First day of stay, housekeeping didn't show up till we called after 5:00. Seems at least they are short staffed. We'd think twice before staying here again. As another reviewer said, not really up to Marriott standards

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family