“Disappointed Again”

Eleven Forty Nine Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven Forty Nine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 301 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eleven Forty Nine Restaurant, at 1149 Division Street in Warwick, RI is where guests of all ages can expect a unique dining experience. The restaurant offers Contemporary American cuisine in an upscale casual atmosphere for Lunch, Dinner, and Brunch dining. All staff from our valet attendants to our dining room servers look to provide customers with a great experience through consistent attention to detail, superior food quality, and comfortable ambiance. Eleven Forty Nine Restaurants have received tremendous support and recognition from local diners. We have been recognized as one of their favorite restaurants through awards from RI Monthly and their readers. These diverse awards include Best Brunch, Best Lunch, Best Place for Live Entertainment, Best New Restaurant, Best Neighborhood Bar, and Best Kids Meal. Eleven Forty Nine is a full-service metropolitan restaurant set in a hip, suburban location.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Disappointed Again”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The last two years, a group of friends have gotten together for dinner here and on each occasion, the experience has been less than adequate. As for the most recent experience, the biggest issue was the lack of attentiveness by the waitstaff. While I can forgive waitstaff for not re-filling wine glasses, there were other problems that were not easily overlooked. First, empty glasses were never removed from the table. So, empty cocktail glasses purchased from the bar area before the meal remained on the table for the entire meal, cluttering space. Perhaps this is why the server and busboys never noticed that no one re-filled anyone's water glasses until dessert was nearly completed? The waitstaff rarely checked-in on the table to see how we were doing. I ordered a steak special that was, purportedly, cajun seasoned but could not taste any bit of the seasoning. Instead, the outer crust of the steak was burnt. Yes, burnt. In fact, at one point, I bit into a burnt piece of crust that sounded as if it cracked a tooth. What's more, while the outside was burnt, the inside was very red. [I did ask for medium rare but there were parts of the steak that were bordering on raw.] Quite simply, it appeared to me that the chef was inattentive to the steak, allowed the flames to get too hot/high to burn the exterior of the steak when trying to sear it, but then once the outside was burnt, the chef had no ability to leave it on the grill to properly cook the interior, as that was only causing the exterior to become crispier and crispier. During appetizers, a friend ordered the cheese plate -- which looked quite good -- however because of the nature of their booth seating, the server couldn't set the plate on the table so he handed it to my friend, promptly tipping the plate so that half of the crackers rolled off the plate. That's fine -- accidents happen and no harm, no foul. BUT, you'd think an apology would have been offered and that more crackers would have been brought by the waiter. Nope. The only thing I can think of to explain this lack of customer appreciation is that our party size was large enough so the waitstaff didn't care because the tipped percentage was locked in. All in all, given the amount of money you're going to spend to eat here, I'd choose a different venue. My last two dining experiences have been less than ideal.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank hamtam

RI
“Family gathering - very nice”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We recently had a family gathering in a smaller, segregated room for about 25 people at 1149 in Warwick. Food was buffet style and very good. Desserts were yummy. It seemed we had one assigned wait staff, with another floating in occasionally. Prices overall are more than some restaurants in the area, but it's a nice place with consistently good food. Liquor tends to be priced higher as well.
They did a great job and we will definitely return. the restaurant itself is generally noisy so if you are looking for a quiet place for dinner, this is not the place.

• Visited November 2012
“Flavorless, but nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

So I ordered the chicken francese over linguini. I did not receive any bread prior to my meal and waited patiently for a meal that lacked flavor. The chicken and linguini lacked any lemon flavor and was very bland. The atmosphere is nice, I am just disappointed with my meal. I may return next time I am in the area to try a different dish, but I would not go out of my way.

Rockland, Massachusetts
“Good food, interesting service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was at this restaurant with a party of about 40 for my brother's rehearsal dinner the night before his wedding. It was a Friday night so the restaurant in general was really busy. We had a separate room in the back and could see that there were a couple of other large party's including another wedding group. There were two dedicated servers for our party and they did a pretty good job at making sure people were getting what they needed. There were a couple of times when there were about 10 to 15 minutes when there wasn't a server in the room but all in all they did a good job.

We started with a choice of soup or salad. I had the salad and it was really good, with roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts over arugula. I heard the soup option was really good as well. For dinner I had the chicken marsala and my boyfriend had the pork tenderloin which were both cooked well and delicious. The portions were a good size and most people had leftovers. For dessert I had the chocolate tort which was really tasty!

When clearing plates by accident one of the servers reached over my boyfriends head to get a plate and dropped salad dressing on him. The waiter apologized and continued clearing. After dinner that same server was clearing plates and reached over my sister and dropped someones leftover pork tenderloin on her head. Having worked in the service industry I understand mistakes happen but this was a little much. The server apologized and offered to take a drink off of the bill.

The restaurant had live music in the front dining/bar area which was a nice touch for the ambiance of the restaurant. Besides the minor food dropping incidents it was a nice night full of good food, family and laughs.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Danielle O
Manalapan, New Jersey
“We hit the trifecta!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great food, service and decor/ambiance. The food was fresh and excellently prepared, the service (from valet to host to server and back again) was attentive and on point. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant... we will make it a point to go there everytime we are in R.I.

• Visited October 2012