“Finally tried Stella Blues and had a good dinner but there were some missteps!”

Stella Blues Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently tried Stella Blues and overall had a good experience. I have always lived in Warren and never stopped by here, but after seeing it on Living Social, I had to try it! While I prefer Trafford's across the street, Stella Blues was pretty good! I liked the inside, we were seated in lounge area which is cozy with a few TV's. The waitress was quick and attentive. It was towards the end of the night, and there was a waiter/manager standing behind the bar with his arms crossed staring off into space which didn't exactly create a relaxing atmosphere. The bread was nice although I wish the butter wasn't so cold as it was impossible to spread.

I ordered the Fliet Mignon and my girlfriend got the Swordfish entree. I was annoyed after ordering I noticed a sign on the table with specials! I wish the waitress would have mentioned that as I probably would have tried some seafood! That was disappointing. When my girlfriend ordered the swordfish, they were out of Asparagus and had no substitute. Her swordfish was served with tomato chunks over the top which I thought was strange and she just scraped them off despite liking tomatoes, it was too much. She didn't really like the sauce either and it was a bit burnt on the underside. She later didn't feel too well after dinner. She heated up the left over swordfish later in the evening and without the sauce it tasted a lot better.

She got Clam Chowder and enjoyed it, although she said there was too much potatoes and it was a bit too thick. I got a Ceasar salad which was just okay, bland and certainly nothing special.

My steak was good and cooked medium as requested. It appeared to be a high quality steak and had a distinct taste. It was served with au jus on the side that tasted like dark water, literally it had no taste. The squash and roasted red potatoes were pretty good, as were her shoestring fries.

Overall the food was pretty good and despite a few missteps, it is a nice cozy restaurant that is certainly worth a try. Really wish I had noticed the specials as the picture below of the frutti di mare looks really good! They had angry orchard on tap which made my girlfriend happy!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

A Party of 4 on A Saturday night. We were seated right away, took forever to bring water & bread, but then they were on it.. Meals were good, but nothing over the top.. Would have been nice to have a fresh fish special.. Desserts were really good, save room for them!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Near the water in Warren, RI. Very quante area. Fried calamari first. Fried clams, lazy mans lobster and a fila mignon for the 4event of us. All rated food excellent. Ended with coffee and teramasu. Coffee great, teramasu average. Will return again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stopped by for a post golf lunch. Nice selection with reasonable prices. Impressive Scotch selection was a nice surprise. Sat at the bar and had a lovely server with personal but unobtrusive attention. I'll be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you want a nice space to sit outside and enjoy a casual meal at a reasonable price, Stella Blues is a great destination. But stick with tried and true pub dishes like the burgers or sandwiches. I recently ordered one of the specials, Italian Crab Cakes. It was absolutely inedible served with glops of a lumpy orange brown sauce that made for a spectacularly unfortunate presentation. I ordered the mussels instead and found that those were cooked perfectly. My husband and children swear by the burgers. The staff are friendly and inviting and the atmosphere is casual to homey.