“New Ownership and still going strong”
Review of Wharf Tavern

Wharf Tavern
Ranked #14 of 63 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently attended a luncheon at the wharf tavern and was very impressed by the food. The prime rib was amazing. I am not one for sweets but the cheesecake was out of this world. The decor was a bit dated, and could hear kitchen staff yelling back and forth which took away from the experience. As I walked to the bar I had to walk through all of the servers and a manager, who was casually sitting down with not a care in the world, in a heavy foot traffic area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was okay, the service okay but the view was amazing! We ate outside on the wharf and enjoyed the views of people sailing and boating, it was lovely.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dirty restrooms, smelly dank dining rooms, and horrible service were the theme to our visit. After booking a reservation for the wharf side tables we were greeted a staff ill prepared or even recognizing we had a reservation. We were sat and waited 15 minutes to get water and a wine list. Server was inattentive, unpleasant, inexperienced, and frankly, not cut out to be a server. We spent 150 for wine, apps, and dinner and desert. If is was not for the atmosphere....this place would sink. Food was good, but could not make up for the absolutely horrible service. Dirty stemware too. I personal pet peeve. I would rather have my wine in a water glass than a dirty wine glass. Parking was a nightmare....go after 8 for good parking. Definitely a tourist place. Locals probably know better. Ask to NOT be in Lindas section.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was highly abrasive w/my criticism over a yr ago. But you really have turned it around...great job to all of the crew at the Wharf Tavern, your clicking on all cylinders.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I attended a wedding luncheon. The restaurant itself seems a bit dated and a little dark, but the views are beautiful.

Servers were very friendly and accommodating, but the whole afternoon seemed quite relaxed. Appetizers were served buffet style and included crab cakes, baked clams, chicken fingers and spicy calamari. Everything was very good. The calamari had a nice kick to it, but the breading got soggy.

We started dinner with a salad, that was fresh and crisp. The rolls served were chewy and yummy. For the entree I opted for the Sirloin Steak. The steak was cooked well, but needed some seasoning. Entrees were served with a baked potato and green beans, which were slightly overcooked.

The wedding cake was delicious. A lemon cake filled with lemon curd and served with vanilla ice cream, it was quite enjoyable.

Been to Wharf Tavern? Share your experiences!