“Burgers, Sandwiches, and Beer...oh my!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chomp Kitchen and Drinks
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Thomas
“Burgers, Sandwiches, and Beer...oh my!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was by far one of the best and most surprising meals I have had out in a long time. I live in Warren and had driven by Chomp (on Child Street) many times as it was being remodeled. I loved the look of the place from the outside and knew I wanted to stop in and see what it was all about. Once I learned it had opened, I checked out the restaurant's website (www.chompri.com) and was a bit disappointed when I saw the menu...open from 4:30-10:00 and only sandwiches and burgers. Now, I LOVE sandwiches and will have the occasional burger but it's not my idea of dinner out. Regardless, I knew I would have to try it out and boy, am I glad I did.

My husband and I had a very nice waitress and the decor was great. It is a very laid back place with beer signs on the wall but with a classy, elegant atmosphere with fresh flowers adorning each table. The bar area is separated from the eating area with well placed walls. And the food and drink were delicious. I had a flight of beer (4 small glasses of beer so you can try multiple) and my husband had a mojito. We ordered the chicharrones to start (not my favorite but my husband loved them and I agreed that sauce was fantastic). My husband order the "the stack" which is a mile-high burger with one beef-patty, one chorico-patty, and Canadian bacon with a side of fries (with a homemade ketchup which was delicious). The burger was great and my husband couldn't even finish, a rare occurrence! I had the chicken sandwich and side salad, both of which were out of this world-the chicken was perfectly cooked and the dressing on the salad was light and flavorful. Each dish was excellently prepared with a unique combination of ingredients that will have you returning time and again. And in this price range, you can go back as often as you want!

Congratulations to the owners and welcome to the East Bay!

• Visited August 2013