“A wonderful hole in the wall”

Amaral's Fish & Chips
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakland
“A wonderful hole in the wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent few days in charming Rhode Island and we wanted to try some real authentic food...for the first time I try clam cakes and Rhode Island clam chowder. The cakes are like fried clam and dough but were delicious, apparently you eat them by dipping them in the chowder, the New England one is like the New England but without cream...like a thick clam stock, wonderful and cheap. A good lunch place.

• Visited November 2012

Bristol, Rhode Island
“Great little place...excellent food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Awesome atmosphere, nice people, great food. Fish n chips and chowder and cakes are an excellent choice. Little hole in the wall owned by a great family.

• Visited July 2012
Connecticut
“Delicious fish and chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I got take out from here while on vacation. Fish and chips were great, best I had the whole trip. Staff was very friendly and the food came out fast and hot! Also ordered chicken strips and onion rings that I was told were delicious as well!

Suffield, Connecticut
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Five years ago, I moved from RI to CT. I used to work in Warren and went here for lunch EVERY DAY!!! The clubhouse atmosphere was the highlight of every day and the food was exceptional for the price. Whenever I'm in the area, I stop in and get my fill of their great food. I wish I still was living nearby as I'd still be going every day. Don't judge this book by its' cover...

• Visited December 2011
Riverside, Rhode Island
“Best Rhode Island Chowder and Clam Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was born in the area and now live in California. The seafood at Amaral's is the best, but I often order the chowder and clam cakes because I usually go at lunch. They are authentic and the chowder is NOT the thick stuff you get in lots of places. It's the chowder any of us Rhode Islanders grew up with. I can't recommend the place highly enough. If you want great food in a local place and want to be casual, this is your place. And don't forget to take home a loaf of the sweetbread...the best in the area.

• Visited October 2011