“Great little restaurant!”

Add it.
The Sunnyside
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I came here for breakfast on a Wednesday morning, so it wasn't very busy. Kitchen staff was very friendly, as they all said good morning as we walked past the open kitchen on the way outside. The waitress could have been friendlier, but was friendly enough. The patio outside had a beautiful view of the harbor and boats sailing by. I ordered the eggs benedict which was delicious. The others in my party ordered the short stack of pancakes,which they could barely even get through one of the pancakes because they were so big,and another ordered fried eggs over easy, which were very disappointing since they were overcooked. Although I thought my meal was great I was disappointed because I had really wanted to come here during our vacation because of all the great reviews they got, but it seems they are great at the more difficult items on the menu, but the simple things not so much.

1  Thank ea32188

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I don't like breakfast. Really. I barely like to get up in the morning nevermind shove food down my throat. But...when it comes to Sunnyside I can't get enough and I skip lunch!

Let's see...go early it gets busy and it's smallish. Sit on the window seats if you can in the winter and you'll have sun beating on your back - or by the wood stove in the side room. If you have I wait outside grab some coffee to get you started!

Now onto food. Grilled grapefruit is very different but love it with a little honey drizzle. Their fresh breads change daily as do their featured jams! Eggs divorce is unbelievable. I don't even like eggs. I love the little role of omelet with the two salsas and tortillas thiugh. Yum! Their grits are spoon sucking good. I know it's not breakfast but their fish tacos are to die for too with a little grilled jalapeno. Oh what else have I had... Just try it. You really can't go wrong, although I will say (keep in min d I don't like eggs) that the baked eggs have seemed dry to me in the past. Not crazy about the homefries either. But...go for the interesting foods (ie. red flannel hash!) and you won't be disappointed.

It is expensove though but for a breakfast fighter I don't mind paying the money here. Especially when you know you've just eaten enough for lunch too :)

Oh...very good Bloody Mary's too!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

First time at sunnyside last Sunday. 4 yr old was a bit upset because waffles we promised was not on brunch menu...

Great view of the water.

Anyway, the portuguese french toast with rubarb was amazing. The eggwhite omelet was unique, made the egg like a soft tortilla with the vegetables wrapped inside. The little one ended with an egg and yogurt and fruit. Even the complimentary apple bread was very good.

However, is it me or is $45 a bit steep for breakfast? Maybe i am still getting used to NE prices...

1  Thank pvcnco
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I can't believe I am the first to write a review on this gem! Maybe everyone else wants to keep it a secret, but it's too great not to share! A friend took me here for lunch today and I am so glad she did... I think it's my new favorite restaurant in the area. Only open for breakfast and lunch, this charming place is easy to miss. Set back off the road in the back of a building it shares with an English pub, it's on the water with indoor and outside seating. Lots of windows make it bright and cheery inside. An awning outside makes is comfortable on hot days. We were first presented with a sample of fruit and nut bread (delicious!) and homemade jams. The menu is filled with creative, fresh items - I settled on the fish tacos and wasn't disappointed. They were excellent and were accompanied by small portions of house made salads - one of pickled carrot and the other a lovely cucumber. My friend had a soup and sandwich combination (that looked beautiful) which she really enjoyed. Service was great. I can't wait to go back!