“Lovely lunch”

Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining with stunning views and great food to match!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I quite enjoyed the Trafford. It's tucked away on the waterfront in Warren, with both inside and outside seating areas. The place is CLEAN. Beautiful butcher block tables, lots of sunny windows, pleasant art on the walls, and peaceful lighting. We had the fish tacos, the capri salad, and sangria - all excellent! The service was prompt and friendly. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Note: the dinner menu looked quite a bit more expensive than the lunch menu, but that's not too unusual.

1  Thank LittleBean2007

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My friend, girlfriend, and I decided to try Trafford for a third of July Dinner. We arrived early, about 4:45 and the patio was pretty busy, as it was mid 80's and sunny, but with a breeze. We decided to eat inside, and were the only one's upstairs, with a perfect seat in the corner with a nice view. I LOVED the decor and local art, and the rest of the interior was nicely decorated. It is a relatively new building, and it looks great.

We were the only table upstairs, and remained alone for about fifteen minutes, and by 5:30, the restaurant quickly filled up! Service was decent, but as waitress was not very busy, and could have popped over more often. The bread was great, clearly fresh out of the oven! The balsamic/olive oil was okay, but wish there was some seasoning like other places do (The best is Sophia's in Warwick.

My friend got the lemonade and Jack, but thought it was a little weak. For an entree he got a sirloin with potato frites and a cesar dressed romaine side, and loved it! He also said it was cooked perfectly to his medium rare request.

My girl friend got the fish and chips, and it was a huge portion of fish, and I liked the homemade tarter sauce, but she wasn't a big fan. She liked the fish, but it was so fresh, it was brittle, and she said different than most other fish and chips.

I got the amazing 8oz filet Mignon (I think it looked bigger!), cooked perfectly to my request of medium, resting on top of the best risotto I've tasted, mixed with about three ounces of Lobster. It was awesome, the lobster was fresh and tasted delicious, the steak was like butter, the best I have ever had. My friend who had the sirloin tasted it, and was like wow, wish I got that, your steak is amazing. To top it off, there was a generous 10 pieces of amazingly seasoned and grilled asparagus. Also the best I have ever had. My favorite dish was the filet with a delicious creamy Gorgonzola sauce at Corrine's in Pawtucket, but this topped it! It was so good I cleaned the whole plate .

While it is upscale and a bit pricey for some, the food was amazingly good, the view is awesome, and it puts the Lobster pot (view) and even Dewolf tavern (pretty good food, lackluster view) to shame, as its the perfect combo of food, beautiful view of the busy bay, and lovely decor!

I'd recommend anyone try it, and since a lot of the bad reviews seem to relate to service, try arriving early to avoid any delays!

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Sunday Brunch with family and looking forward to dining al fresco…we had a reservation for noon and when we arrived there were no tables outside …so we waited 15 minutes and we were able to sit outside. Pretty décor inside and nice views of the water, but no windows open so we really wanted to be outside.

It took a while to get drinks…but our waiter was nice and friendly. They say they serve Brunch, but there was only one lunch item on the menu and all the rest were breakfast items. (Not really Brunch) Apparently lunch items are not served until 1:00 on Sunday.

We placed our orders and then waited 45+ minutes for our Brunch! The waitress came over and said it would be out soon, but they had a party of 50 upstairs getting served first. Wait, WHAT??? Your serving the party before your regular customers and then you tell your regular customers that?? We asked her to tell the Manager we were not happy about the long wait. By the time we got our food we were so hungry we ate without even talking! The Manager then came over with a late pancake plate ( about 10 minutes later) and said “ we will take a percentage off for the lateness.” They took 15 percent off ($11) which helped a little, but frankly we thought they should have done better than that. Really they could not handle the large party and the restaurant customers, so next time they need remember to staff accordingly or not accept such a large party.

The food was good…pancake large a tasty. Eggs fluffy and moist, fish tacos (only lunch item) small size, but decent flavor although skimpy on sauce.

Eggs Benedict ($11) yummy and good portion. Everything seemed to come with a side of hash browns…which were pretty ordinary.

Overall, good food and we would come back and give them another chance.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a gift card, and thought we would use it before it expired. The location is lovely and sat at an outside table near the bar. Ordered Clams Casino as an app- almost raw, slimy, fake bacon on top and tasteless. Asked for bread and butter. Received 2 rolls in a bag with a small plate of plain olive oil with a small amount of balsamic floating in it. No herbs, no taste. Ordered seafood combination in a "spicy" tomato broth with "garlic" toast points- there was no aroma when it arrived. No spices, no garlic, no taste. Very disappointed. When the waitress asked how it was, we told her how bland and disappointed the meal was. She apologized and took the plate to the kitchen. A few minutes later the bill arrived. No explanation.
We won't be back. Too many other excellent restaurants in the area!

1  Thank Car1NewEngland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

a wonderful spot for brunch, lunch or dinner with a great view from the patio! tasty, seasonal, and creative menu and beautiful atmosphere. fish tacos are very good and the bread pudding was superb! highly recommended.

1  Thank AngieFeather

Been to Trafford? Share your experiences!