“Pricey and disappointing”

Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining with stunning views and great food to match!
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Pricey and disappointing”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very disappointing for all the hype. The crab meat stuffed broiled cod did not have citrus butter or parmesan panko crust or smashed potatoes as described on the menu. The fish was so, so dried out as were the few bits of crab meat rolled inside and virtually bland. The tomato jam drizzle tasted like dried tomato paste. The temperature of the food indicated that it sat for a bit. The fish was sitting on fingerling potatoes that were boiled and unseasoned. The presentation was awful and at that price point I expected more. I love cod and prepared correctly, this dish could have been a winner. The creme brule dessert was soupy/lumpy under the super hard sugar crust (could not even eat it). I doubt my vodka gimlet contained vodka. The only saving grace was the tasty warm goat cheese starter, the building, the interior design/decor, and the young man and woman who handled the valet parking - both professional and friendly. I should say that our waitress was very nice. Sorry, but I can’t justify going back for another meal.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Gramma47

Portsmouth, RI
“Great view....nice spot for a drink.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Food was so-so. I emailed the property about my Cioppino experience and response was.....sorry...pass along to Chef/owner and havn't heard boo back.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Jerry P
“Good find!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided on something out of Providence for my birthday. Lots of people I work with that live on the east bay have recommended Trafford. It was featured in"The Best of..." in Rhode Island Magazine. Yes, the Lobster corn fritters were amazing! I had the scallops and my husband had the special seafood platter. Everything was delicious. His meal was significantly larger than mine.I wish there was a vegetable served with it otherwise the flavor was desirable. It felt like everything was really fresh.Bottom line I would bring people and recommend this restaurant!

Massachusetts
“Very good!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Arrived early on a Saturday night, a hot and humid Saturday night. Sat on the deck, right near the bar. Was very warm in the sun, glad I had sunglasses! Great servicefrom a very friendly and helpful waitress. Shared appetizer ( lobster fritters), shared a spinach / strawberry salad, and shared fish and chips. Plenty of food, all done beautifully. Only complaint, and it's not really a complaint...drinks were on the weak side. View is lovely. I would have loved to arrive here closer to sunset, but not into long waits on Saturday night! I can imagine views only get better as sun dips deeper. Will definately go back.

• Visited July 2012
rhode island
“Better atmosphere than food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I've been here twice. The first time was valentines day and I had pasta with peppers and I believe clams. It was very sweet that it was a little odd. Service was good and the atmosphere was good. Its like a modern, crisp boat/nautical theme. 4 months later (we live right near by so this says something) we went back to sit outside by the water. I had stuffies whih were very good and then scallops with grits. The entree was good but nothing you couldn't easily whip up at home. Try needed a little more spice in my opinion and something to make it 'special'. I had a blood orange mojoto too.

It was still OK but it wasn't cheap:
1 app $5
2 entrees ~$50
3 drinks ~$15

Not bad to go and sit outside but maybe stick to apps and snacks. I just don't feel like the price meets what you get.

3 Thank i_love_cupcakes