“fun place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ocean Mist
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Rhode Island
“fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is right on the beach and I mean that. When you look at the building, it is set high and the beach sand and ocean are right there under you some of the time. Great views. It is a fun place for pub fare but especially for the live music and dancing. It is not fancy at all but all types go. The people watching is amazing and sometimes disturbing..........but a great time none the less!

Visited July 2013

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Literally On the Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Sparkling location with the sea rushing in and out as you stand on the deck above. Fresh tuna sandwich and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty hard to beat this on a sunny afternoon.

• Visited September 2013
Rhode Island
“wonderful view of atlantic ocean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ocean Mist is right on the water with an outdoor sitting area and small bar on the deck. The inside is very very casual with an area set aside for dancing . Food is average. But staff is friendly as are the patrons. Parking is on the street and is very limited.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing better than breakfast and a Bloody Mary on the deck of Omist!! Everyone should experience this place!

• Visited July 2013
Coventry, CT
“BAD SERVICE - Does not care about the customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been to the Ocean Mist many times but this past Sundays experience was by far the worst.

We usually go to hear the band and have a few drinks - USUALLY as good time. This past Sunday we arrived around 11- 11:30 with a group of 9. We were told it would be approx 2 hour wait for a table. Well after waiting patiently for 2 hours (band had not started yet but we were out on the deck enjoying the weather and friendship) they finally told us our table was ready - we were shown to a table for 4 - did I mention there were 9 of us? We told the hostesses that the table would not be big enough for 9 people and we were told that's all they had and if we wanted to wait it would be a little longer. We decided to wait so that we could all sit together - what a mistake - after another 20 minutes and watching several groups get seated one of our party decided to complain. They got into a "discussion over math and service" with what I can only describe as a poor excuse for a Bouncer. We were then told we would be seated soon - 5 minutes later we were escorted out by the town police dept. I have never been so upset and embarrassed. We were treated like criminals for no other reason than we wanted to eat together as a group. We were all dressed respectably, clean and were not drunk (even the policemen said it was obvious we were not drunk but we had to leave) We were no louder than anyone else on the patio trying to talk over the music, other patrons, and the ocean. A few of our group had on what would be considered "Biker" apparel to which the owner made reference to our being associated with "81"and dirty bikers. We never mentioned any clubs or made any threats but we being profiled as "Bikers" - Oh I forgot to mention we were not on bikes this day, we drove the Cadillac because of the threat of thunder storms.

I have never been treated so badly at an establishment and we will never being going there again. They do not value repeat customers, they do not value "Bikers", and they do not value the effect of social media. When we mentioned that we would be blasting them online the owner said "go ahead, I've been here for many years and will continue to be here for many more - I don't care what you put online about me".

Just because its on the Ocean does not make up for the complete lack of customer service and the degrading behavior that was shown to our group. I will take my friends and my money to Westerly beaches and establishments that truly value a customer - like The Haversham or The Andrea come to mind. Ya, we'll go there.

You may have noticed I didn't mention the food - we didn't get to eat after almost 3 hours of waiting so I wont be reviewing the food. I feel so bummed out by all of this - I hate posting bad things about places but their words and actions showed us all how little they care about customer service.

• Visited September 2013