“Go for lunch”

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 75 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant features Asian cuisine made by our chefs with more than 20 years of experience, we guarantee you'll enjoy every dish! Fresh fish brought in everyday for our renowned sushi, and our top of the line bar and lounge. We have new drink and food specials daily, come on in and check us out!
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Kabuki has an excellent deal for lunch: $10-12 for a plate of sushi, or a stir fry or a bento box. Variable options with each. We come here for lunch quite a bit. The service is admittedly spotty and on occasion we have waited >30 minutes for our lunch, so service and delivery is certainly not reliable. I have however never had a bad meal there. With the lunch you are ordering a fairly limited, standard set. Dinners are totally overpriced. There are much better sushi options within 30 minutes drive north (e.g. Harukis)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had the misfortune of choosing this restaurant last week while on vacation. If I had my laptop with me I would have looked at reviews.........yipes!
From start to finish this restaurant is just terrible. We had lettuce wraps for an appetizer. They arrived very dry and looking like old dried out chicken. No sauce, no nothing.
Main course was Pad Thai which looked and tasted like it was made at least a week before our meal.
Stay away from this place - I am surprised that we didn't get sick

2  Thank EmilyC123
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The spicy tuna roll had ground tuna in it. The veggie roll contained a pickle. Awful. The service wasn't any better. Yuck!!! BUDDA SUSHI in St. Thomas rocks!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I went to Kabuki for lunch and although the food was tasty, it took 50 minutes to receive our meals. This was not the first time that we have received slow service. We were the first patrons to arrive and another table who arrived after we did was actually served their food first..Even though we enjoy their food, we'll have to give it serious thought before we return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family of four (2 adults and 2 children) visited Kabuki this September as part of my wife's birthday present. We were seated quickly and drink orders taken. Our first bad sign was when the waitress had to check with management if a substitution could be made for one of the dinner options. After a few minutes passed, she came back and said it was no problem. What she failed to mention was an upcharge we didnt find out about until the check came. Once our food arrived our children were left with no utensils and 'adult' chopsticks. It took a lengthy time to contact our waitress for utensils and she failed to mention that they had training chopsticks for the children.

The dinner itself was enjoyable with nice presentation and fresh features. I opted to the Angry Dragon which I thoroughly enjoyed, although my wife had the Maki 3 combo which she was not thrilled with. I was also surprised to find my dinner did not come with a salad, although my wife's did. The children both had chicken teriyaki which neither of them enjoyed (we ended up stopping at McD's on the way home for them)

All in all, I dont think I will return. The food was good (at least my selection), but 3 out of 4 said otherwise. I believe there are better choices (and values) out there.